The economy at the service of ecology ... or the opposite?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

The economy at the service of ecology ... or the opposite?

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 23:01

I just zapped on the 7th of Green Screen. It's a new show on TV5Monde which is quite interesting ... you will have guessed the theme!

Today it was talking about ... economy and ecology (hold on!) Under the theme "Is a sustainable economy sustainable?" ... very interesting then!

http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/emission/emi ... n_vert.htm

But I was "shocked" by the fact thatit was apparently "incompatible" to make a profit (in the sense of commercial profit) while acting positively for the environment. At least that's what it seemed to me to be given as a "thesis" .... Thesis which was, fortunately, thwarted by most of the speakers ...

Bigre, what is this popular thought which consists in (making?) Believing that when we protect the environment, you have to be a volunteer?

Is it so shameful to economize with ecology or ecologically with economics? : Shock: No but!!

At the same time there was a special envoy on traders and their bonus despite the crisis (normal he still play with the kiss (s) e!) ... I zapais between the 2 it was funny : Cheesy: Maloche does not watch it in stream you risk the stroke !! : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 01 / 10 / 09, 23: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 01/10/09, 23:41

Obviously, no I watched the first part on the hacks of the wine growers and the residues of pesticides in almost all the spinach and the champagnes : Evil:

and a poor guy, who could not afford to do without these shit because his production was dedicated to big box stores and he had to divide his costs by 3 in order to fatten up these BUCKY BUCKETS OF POWER PLANTS D '' PURCHASES OF MY BALLS

and I swear if I come across one, I'll make him eat his shit

FUCKING, REVOLUTION !!! we touch our capital

How do I exaggerate?

I am more and more rebellious, anger is rising in the ranks, we are no longer alone and I am full of system ass doomed to failure
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 23:43

Ah well I see that you are very calm!

Fortunately you haven't watched the traders, you would have risked the stroke !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 01/10/09, 23:46

Yeah better not

that's it, i already know how to occupy one of the branches of the association Image
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/10/09, 23:50

Branch EconoloCanalHistorik ' ? 8)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/09, 00:01

Ah, do you have a logo idea? : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/10/09, 20:20

Christophe wrote :
But I was "shocked" by the fact that it was apparently "incompatible" to make a profit (in the sense of commercial profit) while doing good for the environment. At least that's what it seemed to me to be given as a "thesis" .... Thesis which was, fortunately, thwarted by most of the speakers ...

You raise a very interesting point and an ambiguity that requires reflection.
It is easy, at first glance, to admit that positive action for the environment can translate incidentally by a pecuniary profit for its author; more generally, it is the recent analysis put forward by certain authors who highlight the cost of not taking into account the environmental damage linked to global warming and, conversely, the benefit that would result.
However, in all logical rigor, from the moment when the search for individual profit is the primary motive, the coincidence of this criterion with that of respect for the environment cannot be that accidental (whatever the frequency of manifestation).
Clearly, positive action for the environment must above all aim at this objective. If the search for profit is more effective through the destruction of nature (understood here as nature and human nature), then the second objective will never be achieved (and, this is, of course, not a case of school !).

As for the sentence: "Thesis which was, fortunately, thwarted by most of the speakers..."

It only shows the success of the recovery of ecological concepts in the service of growth. It is a paradox: as long as ecological ideas were confidential, they were ineffective, since they were recognized, promoted by new marketing and therefore operational, they are no longer (ecological) ideas, only slogans!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."