Mercosur abandons the dollar for local currencies

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Mercosur abandons the dollar for local currencies

by freddau » 27/07/09, 22:28

Mercosur abandons the dollar for local currencies for trade

The Mercosur Common Market Council approved the abandonment of the dollar in favor of local currencies for trade, a modality already introduced by Brazil and Argentina in 2008, the customs union, meeting at the summit in Asuncion.

"With this agreement, any activity involving the use of money will be carried out with the currencies of our countries without using the dollar as a reference," Deputy Foreign Minister Oscar Rodriguez told AFP.

Paraguay and Uruguay will integrate the new trading system at the end of 2010, after finalization of technical details in the central banks of the two countries, specified moreover spokespersons of the foreign ministers ...

http://www.agefi.com/Quotidien_en_ligne ... 94bf3f4c15
0 x
rodibruno
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Mercosur abandons the dollar for local currencies

by rodibruno » 03/08/09, 00:23

This is a utopia, leaving the dollar, there is a lot of disparity in the exchange rates of the area.
For example, in Brazil it is the revaluation of the Real against the US dollar and Argentina is the devaluation of the peso against the dollar.
For the moment I do not think that the adoption of a gesture towards the international community ....
regards

freddau wrote:Mercosur abandons the dollar for local currencies for trade

The Mercosur Common Market Council approved the abandonment of the dollar in favor of local currencies for trade, a modality already introduced by Brazil and Argentina in 2008, the customs union, meeting at the summit in Asuncion.

"With this agreement, any activity involving the use of money will be carried out with the currencies of our countries without using the dollar as a reference," Deputy Foreign Minister Oscar Rodriguez told AFP.

Paraguay and Uruguay will integrate the new trading system at the end of 2010, after finalization of technical details in the central banks of the two countries, specified moreover spokespersons of the foreign ministers ...

http://www.agefi.com/Quotidien_en_ligne ... 94bf3f4c15
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."