A highlight of Greenpeace

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A highlight of Greenpeace

by recyclinage » 27/07/09, 20:15

It is with a stroke of brilliance and harsh words that Greenpeace protests against "the destruction of intact forests" and Bill 57 on the occupation of Quebec's forest land.

Early Monday morning, a dozen Greenpeace members chained themselves to the doors of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Wildlife in Quebec. They also hung a banner on which is written: "Boreal forest: Destruction is decided here".

Greenpeace complains that less than 5% of the boreal commercial forest is currently protected.

"We are hampering the work of the department to request a change of direction towards a responsible forest economy focused on the conservation of intact forests and respect for Quebec's forest heritage," explained Nicolas Mainville, co-manager of the Boreal Forest campaign of Greenpeace.

In addition, the activists testified before the ministry of timber from an AbitibiBowater factory to "return it to the ministry responsible for forest management in order to denounce its inaction in the face of the protection of intact forests." The wood was marked with the message "Wood of destruction".

According to Greenpeace, by adopting law 57 on the occupation of Quebec's forest territory, the ministry, by its “archaic” vision, prevents the creation of a network of “credible protected areas, blocks the establishment of management ecosystem of forests, offers excessive intensive management on 20% of the forest area and favors the interest of large industrialists. "

The NGO alleges that "Quebec plans to destroy the last intact forests in the commercial area". These represent only 10% of commercial forests, according to Greenpeace.

radio canada news source
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/07/09, 21:29

GreenPeace surely needs donations, their safe must be dry.

It is no longer the time to come and piss us off, it should have done it 15 years ago when it was there that there was the worst cut on our Quebec territory while the Quebec party was trying to inflate his chests to make the separation, unfortunately they come to cry while the cutting is almost completely stopped and that all our paper factories closed.

Richard Desjardins did a better job than them without any handcuffs.

Ditto for the seals where we show images of voila already 30 years old.

This is my opinion.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/07/09, 00:52

Hello

It should not be thought that the French are naive, many have lived and come regularly to Quebec.

to say this is low politics
Quebecers while the Quebec party was trying to inflate its coffers to make the separation,

Who nationalized the electorate, set up the public health system?
Which government has eliminated the private hunting and fishing club? reserved to reward the people of the party in power and the big foreign industrialists? when the little people could not access the north lake, you have short memories Alain ..

We could say a lot about that, the trucks of the brinks, the scandal of the sponsors we can continue but I doubt that it interests the Europeans

As for the forest I often walk above it and I know how big it is, I think that the fires and the clipper we amputated a good part and our forests in the north, are not comparable to the European forest the trees do are not large their lifespan is short.
What is cut in time before being lost is a good thing as long as the companies that cut it replant other, as far as I know it is done, and if it is not done it goes to the fine

Andre
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 28/07/09, 01:39

Hi Andrew!

They did not do that good, but that is a little too political and we know that our opinions differ.

Regarding the subject of the forest, I am a native of Rouyn-Noranda (Abitibi) and I can tell you that the forest is doing a lot better than here 30 years, I had the opportunity to travel on the trails of snowmobile wood and I can tell you that the worst years were fifteen years ago, fortunately the price and demand for paper dropped and save the little that we had left.

But this forest renews itself quickly because it consists of thorny trees which grow very quickly, moreover a vast majority of cultivable land has become forest again for lack of agricultural need.

Between us, he should have tried to do the same thing in the Amazon forest, which is diminishing visibly, where there is a real problem.
:frown:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Canada: 16 Greenpeace activists arrested

by recyclinage » 28/07/09, 08:22

Canada: Arrest of 16 Greenpeace activists chained to a ministry

By AFP, published on 28/07/2009 at 07:47 - updated on 28/07/2009 at 07:52

MONTREAL - Canadian police announced on Monday the arrest of 16 activists from the Greenpeace organization who were chained to the Ministry of Natural Resources of Quebec (east) in order to protest against a bill respecting the exploitation of the boreal forest .
NASA satellite photo of forests in Quebec

AFP / File / Ho

NASA satellite photo of forests in Quebec

The environmental protesters were chained to the doors of the building located in Quebec City in the early morning. Other Greenpeace members joined them in the morning and tied themselves together with metal tubes preventing the vehicles from leaving.

These 16 people were arrested at the beginning of the afternoon "for assault by intruder", that is to say for having remained within the walls of the ministry when they had been ordered to leave. a spokesperson for the police services in the capital of the French-speaking province told AFP.

The activists were all to be released at the end of the day with a "promise to appear", added the latter.

The aim of this action was to put pressure on the Quebec government to "review" a bill that "will lead to the disappearance of the last intact forests in Quebec," a Greenpeace spokesperson told AFP. , Nicolas Mainville.

"More than 90% of the forests that have been allocated to the industry have been cut or fragmented, so there is only 10% of intact forests in Quebec and we are asking the Minister (of Natural Resources of Quebec, Nathalie Normandeau) to include a strategy to safeguard these forests in the next law, "continued Mr. Mainville.

According to the latter, this law will authorize "intensive" deforestation in order to allow "monoculture over an area larger than twice the size of Belgium", without increasing the percentage of areas excluded from commercial exploitation.

A meeting between Ms. Normandeau and Greenpeace was scheduled for Wednesday, he also said.

Forests occupy almost half of Quebec's territory with an area of ​​more than 750.300 km², nearly one and a half times in mainland France.

the express source news
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 28/07/09, 16:12

to abound in the direction of greenpeace

I believe that the botanical study of the wild species of the south as of the north could teach us much in various science

such as medicine, cosmetics, agriculture, ...

eliminating the last wild tanks would be for me like throwing away the survival kit when our boat has just sunk in the middle of an ocean

I don't think science has all the answers
in my neophyte opinion I would even say that science has just been born
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 28/07/09, 16:27

to support my claims

recently a report was broadcast on arte where we discovered a tribe long before ours living in the ancient forests of the south

this tribe had a plant used as a contraceptive

this tribe was secular and had just been discovered

could someone tell me the date when we found the contraceptive pills?

them it had been centuries that he had

what should i deduce from it?

little poetry:

originally we lived in the garden of eden where was the cornucopia
we destroyed everything
for all of us fighting for a bunch of paper
a handful of gold
I think we were wrong
more than fix everything with a little effort
by common sense and a dose of remorse
admitting defeat we will grow will make us stronger

not bad huh ?