Farmers protest in July 22 2009 (Belgium)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Farmers protest in July 22 2009 (Belgium)

by recyclinage » 21/07/09, 16:20

Demonstration of farmers: traffic embarrassment in sight

Traffic problems are expected in Brussels on Wednesday due to a demonstration by farmers.

The police are expecting 300 to 400 tractors, mainly from Hainaut and possibly Namur. Farmers coming from Namur should take the E411, the Chaussée de Wavre, Herman Debroux, the Boulevard du Souverain, the Chaussée de La Hulpe, the Chaussée de Waterloo. Hainaut tractors should take the N5 and the Chaussée de Waterloo. Farmers should gather in the Bois de la Cambre at noon, to leave it around 12:30 p.m. heading towards Place Louise, then Midi, from where they will reach the city center (Boulevard Anspach) before joining -via the street Belliard and boulevard Botanique- l'Esplanade du Cinquantenaire. The farmers are expected to return around 16 p.m. via avenue de Tervueren. (NLE)

msn news source
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 21/07/09, 20:16

It seems to me that in Belgium there is a city where they parade during a party by advancing by 2 steps then by reversing by one. If the tractors move 20 m then back 10 m, the manif could be fatally long : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 21:53

Sorry, Océano, Echternach, it's at the GD in Luxembourg

(This dancing procession is intended to heal the participants of the Dance of Saint Guy)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 00:23

Thank you elephant, I saw this a long time ago when I lived in the East (I spent my childhood there) and I did not remember much where it was.

I imagined a tractor manifold in this mode, with harrows raised at the rear : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 22/07/09, 09:10

Bonjour,

Farmers coming from Namur should borrow E411

: Shock:
tractors that take the highway now .... !!!
merry mess in perspective ....
: Shock:

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Farmer Manif

by bobono » 22/07/09, 09:44

This profession is struggling to get back on track.

The cultivation of corn silage or grain in France as in Belgium is an aberation and the cause of current dairy overproduction.

Farmers in my town have abandoned it, replacing it with dry fodder (hay picking up in bulk to distribute in bulk and beets).

Result less production but more profit at the end of the year and better quality products
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/07/09, 10:51

The corn is used to manufacture the fuel for the Ariane rocket

: Mrgreen:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 22/07/09, 14:19

Demonstration by farmers: disrupted traffic

Traffic on several Walloon motorway sections was disrupted late Wednesday morning due to the presence of numerous tractors on the roads. Farmers converge on the capital where they have to gather at Bois de la Cambre at noon.

They then demonstrate that European Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel must present a report in Brussels taking stock of the situation in the sector. On the E19, in the direction of Brussels, a column of tractors is signaled near Arquennes. The two lanes of traffic are affected and traffic is very slow, reported around 11:30 am the federal police. On the E411, still heading towards the capital, a column of tractors took the motorway at the height of Courrières in the direction of the Daussoulx interchange (E411 / E42) which the farmers intend to block completely between 11 a.m. and 00:15. On the E00 towards Liège, a column of tractors has just taken the motorway at Namur-Ouest in the direction of the Daussoulx interchange. Farmers should leave the Bois de la Cambre around 42:12 p.m. towards Place Louise, then Midi, from where they will reach the city center (Boulevard Anspach) before joining -via Rue Belliard and Boulevard Botanique- Cinquantenaire Esplanade. The return of the farmers is planned around 30:16 p.m. via avenue de Tervuren. (NLE)

msn news source
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 22/07/09, 15:03

Around 400 tractors in Brussels on Wednesday

The farmers, who will demonstrate this Wednesday afternoon in front of the headquarters of the European Commission where Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel must present a report taking stock of the situation in the sector, gathered around 13:00 in the Bois de la Cambre.

About 200 tractors from Tournai were still expected at the meeting place around 13:15 p.m. When they join the other demonstrators, around 400 tractors will cross the center of Brussels. Farmers will take Avenue Louise before joining, via Boulevard Anspach, the Belliard crossroads then the Cinquantenaire esplanade. The tractors will be present in front of the European headquarters at 15 p.m. (NLE)

msn news source
0 x