Toyota will produce hybrid cars in Europe

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Toyota will produce hybrid cars in Europe

by recyclinage » 19/07/09, 13:24

Toyota will produce hybrid cars in Europe for the first time

(AFP) - 2 days ago

TOKYO - Japan's largest automaker, Toyota Motor, announced on Friday that it will produce hybrid cars for the first time in Europe, a hybrid version of the Auris sedan that will be manufactured in the UK from the mid -2010.

This decision "constitutes the first materialization of Toyota's plan to develop its operations in Europe, distinguishing itself in this market thanks to the strength of its hybrid technologies," the group said in a statement.

The factories chosen, located in north-central England at Burnaston (assembly) and Deeside (engines), already manufacture the non-hybrid version of the "Auris", of which 37.000 units have been sold in Europe since its launch. in 2007. This sedan is also manufactured in a factory in Turkey.

The United Kingdom will be the 5e country where Toyota will produce hybrid cars, after Japan, the United States, China, Thailand and Australia.

Toyota's new CEO, Akio Toyoda, said in June that the group is betting heavily on hybrid cars, which are becoming increasingly popular in Japan and North America but are still not widely used in the old continent. which he considers very congested.

Toyota has the ambition to market hybrid versions of all of its models by 2020. The world automobile number one launched in May a third generation of its pioneer hybrid car, the "Prius", which is became the best-selling vehicle in Japan in May and June.

Copyright © 2009 AFP. All rights reserved

google news source
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/07/09, 10:15

Bravo Toyota, but suppose we all rolled into hybrids, it would lead to a collapse of the turnover of the oil companies and tax revenues TIC + TIPP of the State. It would be a real disaster for them. Hybridization will not be allowed to develop unless oil increases very strongly. The hybrid will remain for a long time still an import trick, marginal and expensive.

Currently, there is the example of EDF seeking to offset its losses caused by energy savings. : Shock:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/07/09, 10:38

In my opinion: no !!!

Because the hybrid is not a break at all.

A Prius still consumes about 4 l 100 (mixed consumption, manufacturer data for the new version - I think it is exactly 3,9), 90 still rejects g CO² (very exactly 89), all for 25 000 €.

A C1 or 107 is not far (okay, it's not the same space on board). I put a C1 LPG and I will be 95 g, for about 9000 € with some options (possible from 8 000 €, equipped, for the basic version, notice to amateurs).

PS: I do not advertise; it's just to give the option that I chose and that I know; there are plenty of equivalent models ...

Depending on the use, these "optimal" data (theoretical cycles) may be less good: example = driving at constant speed on a 4-track in fairly flat areas (therefore no "recovery" of energy when braking; the motor serves as a generator which supplies the energy necessary for the car; as a gain, it just has to run at optimum speed) ...

On the other hand, Toyota is riding the wave of "green" admirably to push its competitors (especially French) long reluctant (precisely, because it was not a break - except that the competitors did not perceive in time the effect of fashion and the media effect and the fact that consumers do not necessarily think - and neither do the media!).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/07/09, 11:06

Before taking a flight of green wood, I specify my thought:

- the advantage of the Prius is expressed almost exclusively in urban traffic, where actually, the fact of driving in electric mode and recovering energy when braking is a big plus; there, the Prius remains around 4 l whereas a C1 goes up to 5,5 l (always on the standard cycles); there's no picture: advantage at the Prius ...

- in extra-urban, the conso of the Prius and the C1 that I quote are very close (3,9 l for the C1 against 3,7 l for the Prius)

My conclusion :

- if you do a lot of city, there is an advantage to the PRIUS (but if we are concerned about our environment, we would do well to take public transport)

- otherwise, the "downsizing" (see if we can be satisfied with a "smaller" vehicle) seems to me an alternative to be examined ... In my case, I work at 20 km, "deep" rural area, no public transport - in my opinion, there was no "photo": advantage C1 (in rgos, 3 times cheaper for neighboring conosmmations and emissions - I even do much better in CO, NOx and some other gases because of the conversion to LPG).

This is just to invite a reflection, which I do not see in the media (even in reviews for "cars", nor reviews of "consumers") ...
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/07/09, 11:18

Leo Maximus wrote: it would lead to a collapse in the turnover of the oil companies

I was expecting that

except that emerging countries begin to consume oil
China opened car loans about two years ago

state turnover also goes through green energies

tax on the solar panel, price of the electriciter wind quickly profitable and or the price does not decrease part compared to the nuclear, coal oil, ...

in short, the monetary system is in no way
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 11:22

Really? The prius with flying left was still produced in Japan? I did not know...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/07/09, 18:41

Did67 wrote:Because the hybrid is not a break at all.

Ckoi a break in the automotive field? AMHA, neither Honda nor Toyota have used the word "break" in their advertisements on their hybrid cars.

Did67 wrote: Depending on the use, these "optimal" data (theoretical cycles) may be less good: example = driving at constant speed on a 4-track in fairly flat areas (therefore no "recovery" of energy when braking; the motor serves as a generator which supplies the energy necessary for the car; as a gain, it just has to run at optimum speed) ...

The basic principle of a hybrid like the Prius or the Insight is not to recover braking energy and then use it while driving electrically. The basic principle is to provide torque at low engine speeds using an electric motor. The all-electric "EV" mode of the Prius 2 leads to overconsumption as clearly indicated in the user manual on pages 14 and 15. The all-electric mode of the Prius 2 has been designed primarily for driving in underground car parks without freeing up any exhaust gas.

Did67 wrote:On the other hand, Toyota is riding the wave of "green" admirably to push its competitors (especially French) long reluctant (precisely, because it was not a break - except that the competitors did not perceive in time the effect of fashion and the media effect and the fact that consumers do not necessarily think - and neither do the media!).

The Prius is not a competitive product in France, it is a gasoline, moreover its export to France was not planned and Toyota was completely overwhelmed by demand. The Prius was tailor-made for the Japanese market, which is a country (which I know) very urbanized with extremely low speed limits, 60 km / h on most highways, 40 in town most often, cars are petrol and automatic, anti-pollution standards are very severe. So nothing to do with the French market where we rolled zero-rated diesel at high speeds and a manual 6 gearbox (soon 7) and where anti-pollution standards are almost nonexistent, moreover most of the diesels that roll here have neither catalytic converter nor particulate filter, it is not illegal.

If there are people here who buy hybrids it's because the trade is free and this is their pleasure, AMHA, it's so much better and I hope that France will remain a country where we will have the freedom to buy what you want.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/07/09, 19:06

recyclinage wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote: it would lead to a collapse in the turnover of the oil companies

I was expecting that

In France, according to the INSEE 70 or 80% of the mileage is done in the city, where the consumption of ordinary cars is the highest and also where the hybrids consume the least. It is clear, a generalization of the hybrid would lead to a considerable drop in consumption, hence tax revenues, ICT VAT, and Total turnover.
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 20/07/09, 21:29

0 x