Have we reached the height of green washing stupid?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 21/06/09, 14:56

0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 21/06/09, 23:36

Me, I especially like this which was on the same page ...
http://www.maxisciences.com/%e9cologie/ ... t2181.html

it's more serious (when you know who Mister Callebaut is!)

Meow

:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 10:56

It's not greenwashing I think.

Lexus also makes hybrids ... of 350 hp.

In this range of cars, a hybrid is less worse ... so it is even rather "positive" even if this kind of cars should no longer be sold ... hybrid or not ...
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 22/06/09, 11:02

Lietseu wrote:it's more serious (when you know who Mister Callebaut is!)
Who is this man ??
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 11:04

+1
and sorry Lietseu but there is nothing in your link ... except 4 images of a futuristic project which will surely never see the light of day. So how do you farm in a $ X billion tower when you have fields to do it?

It's good for dreaming that's all ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/09, 11:08

Christophe wrote:It's not greenwashing I think.

Lexus also makes hybrids ... of 350 hp.

In this range of cars, a hybrid is less worse ... so it is even rather "positive" even if this kind of cars should no longer be sold ... hybrid or not ...
Yes, well, riding a hybrid to give yourself a good conscience when the hybridization goes from 50l / 100Km to 30l / 100Km (figures at random) is really nonsense.

In addition, this kind of product could incite potential buyers who without this hybridization would never have dared to buy this kind of gear for fear of the image of "nothing to shake from the planet" that they could send back.
There, they will be able to say: "yes, but it does not pollute that much, it is a hybrid".

It is that casually, even in the US, global warming and its effects are beginning to become commonplace.

Otherwise, those who answered "they will find it even worse", let go, give examples (even completely improbable). It could be fun.

Kind "corn starch air conditioning", "electric jet ski", etc ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 11:13

Certainly but there is much worse like Greenwashing ... than to hybridize a Hummer ... I do not think that an ecologist at heart will buy a hybrid hummer (no more than a hybrid lexus) until because it is hybrid!

Green washing is above all green marketing: making "green" (and by the same to overcharging) a product that is very polluting without changing anything other than the packaging ... (and again).

Total who advertises wind turbines and against global warming, that's greenwashing.

The hybrid hummer is not so much greenwashing because there is a "real effect" behind it!

The classic hummer was already cleaner than the Prius... Bigre, and the hybrid hummer then? Will it be better or worse than the classic model? This is the quiz question of the day !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Something to put bad hummer the ingenes at Toyota !! : Oops:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 22/06/09, 14:38

Well it's common knowledge, Callebaut is the first European manufacturer of quality chocolate ... It manufactures chocolate for all the big brands, including the very prestigious Côte d'Or and the less Jacques which has improved since that it was had that we resumed production from a to z ...

If of course he is part of the family, but considering the eccentric side of guss, it's a safe bet that he is a very special freak, right?

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/06/09, 15:01

Sorry Targol, but I won't answer that question ...

For me, this kind of initiative (which does not come from GM, since they sell the brand) is absolutely not greenwashing, as long as there are no "natural" or "ecological" claims. behind.
Greenwashing is communication (potentially on a large scale).
There it is .... nothing!
Hardly the jolt of a dinosaur which gives its last breath ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 15:02

Voila, agree with Bucheron!
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."