Europe wants to reduce CO2 emissions

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Europe wants to reduce CO2 emissions

by jean63 » 10/01/07, 12:51

read the article :
link1

As part of its energy action plan, the Commission will consider that developed countries, including the EU, should set the target of reducing their gas emissions, mainly CO30, by 2% as part of of a new international agreement to succeed the current Kyoto protocol which expires in 2012.
In addition, the Commission will propose Wednesday to increase the share of renewable energy to 20% by 2020, in extension of the current target of 12% by 2010, even though the EU is only 7%.

And also a superb infographic on human activities and CO2 emissions and their evolution (on the same page at the bottom right).

It remains to be seen what will be the method used and if it is sufficient to stop the current warming !!! in my opinion: NO.
Last edited by jean63 the 10 / 01 / 07, 17: 45, 2 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/07, 14:59

I really like the photo of the 4x4 "Paris-Dakar" next to the article: in the CO2 reduction series, it arises there.

Renaud had made a song a long time ago on this rally:
Renaud wrote:500 assholes on the starting line,
500 badgers on their motorbike
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/01/07, 20:12

Haven't I seen the infographic?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/07, 20:17

MDR targol, I had the Honda CR-V SUV ...

0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/01/07, 21:02

Woodcutter wrote:Haven't I seen the infographic?

but so almost at the bottom and to the left of the weather map =>

title: PARIS (AFP): Environment: human activities and CO2 emissions.

there you can not miss it !!!!

Targol =>

By the way Renaud has a 4X4 in Paris (he recognized it seen with my eyes on TV) he said that it was necessary to transport his family (his young wife + her mouflet !!) ... what family. No matter, I still like his courage and his cheek (he admitted to being part of the sores ... in his song).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

Re: Europe wants to reduce its CO2 emissions

by Christophe » 11/03/16, 14:56

Europe wants ... but it has achieved almost nothing ... (and the rest of the world even worse)

Here is the evolution of Greenhouse Gases in Europe since 1989 stopped in 2004 ... someone would have an updated curve?

Kyoto-in-europe-pic282.jpg.gif
kyoto-en-europe-pic282.jpg.gif (17.32 KiB) Consulted 4032 times

ps: the curve is strange, how can all of the gases be less than CO2 since CO2 is a greenhouse gas? Even in indexed computing it's weird ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/03/16, 15:13

A more topical curve of the evolution of CO2 emissions worldwide:

Emissions de CO2-due-to-the-burning-and-energy-pic761.jpg.gif

(the 2010 objective of the previous one has never been reached!)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 11/03/16, 15:18

Christophe wrote:ps: the curve is strange, how can all of the gases be less than CO2 since CO2 is a greenhouse gas? Even in indexed computing it's weird ...
Well, CO2 has increased while all gases have decreased, that's all we can get out of it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/03/16, 15:39

Yes I understood but it is therefore a shame that there is not all of the GHGs on this curve ...

In general, it seems to me that we are focusing a little too much on CO2 ... to the detriment of other gases ...
0 x
philsw
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by philsw » 19/03/16, 18:02

Here is interesting!
But consistent with what I (or other "real" ecologists! : Cheesy: ) predicted in 2001 already. Why ? because maybe it's just mathematical : Wink: . To simplify, we can say that the CO2 emitted is linked to the combustion of fossil matter and therefore ultimately to the quantity extracted from the subsoil. However, during the promises of CO2 reduction made by countries or companies, we just talked about the volumes emitted ... but not the volumes extracted from the underground (the idea being that if consumption decreases, extraction will also decrease) . However, the principle of our society being based on growth through consumption, inevitably if a seller (oil producing country for example) sees that a customer buys less (a country which consumes less oil to emit less CO2) it will looking to find other customers (given global growth we found lots of Asian countries, for example) ...
In short, I remain convinced that the reduction in CO2 emissions will only become truly effective if we negotiate a regular and lasting reduction in the extraction of fossil materials from underground. I didn't really hear that in the COp21 agreements unfortunately.
Let's say that considering the financial interests at stake I think it's pretty utopian for the moment anyway.
1 x
hybrid SUV