Dynamo lamp in micro paddle wheel!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Dynamo lamp in micro paddle wheel!

by oli 80 » 14/03/10, 19:26

hello, this is what we can do with a mpe dynamo a few spoons and a hose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7U1tsUkYEg

oh damn i forgot the battery
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/03/10, 20:46

these crank dynamos are almost toys: very quickly worn out if it turns constantly

the blow of the spoon is a good idea: it is the turbine peleton

we always say that the peleton turbine is suitable for very high falls: 100m or 1000m so 10bar to 100bar

this is only true for high power: the lower the flow rate the more efficient the peleton turbine is at low pressure: for very small power the peleton turbine is good with a few meters of elevation

when I see the small torrent of this video there is better to do than the few watt which will quickly use this dynamo with crank: with ladles instead of small spoons it will make turn a car alternator! which at least it can turn a long time

but you have to understand the principle of the peleton turbine: the spoon is not hollow enough: you need real half sphere: if the wheel is sharp the jet bounces inside and goes backwards at the same speed: if the wheel turns half the speed of the jet, the jet bounces at half the speed with respect to this wheel: therefore finds itself at zero speed: therefore all the kinetic energy has been used, and the efficiency is excellent
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

hose pressure

by oli 80 » 15/03/10, 18:40

hello, there is something that amazes me in this video, we see at one point a water reservoir with a white cap from which part a garden hose what is curiex is that there are pressure despite small water retention

short me too I could make believe that the pressure comes from a reservoir of water while my hose is actually connected to a tap, we even see one in the video
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/03/10, 20:38

Obviously it is in assembly. it goes very quickly to have a lot of pressure in these conditions.
As a kid I have experienced it hundreds of times in my native Vosges.
I agree with chatelot16, the type with greater energy potential given its location.
But maybe that's enough for him, quite simply.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/03/10, 22:08

it is not the size of the reservoir that is the pressure but the drop

tap water is about 2 bar: you need 20 meters of elevation to make the same pressure! in the mountains it is not difficult to have

but with 2 bar it makes a jet speed much higher than that which will be able to support the dynamo with crank with its gears

the crank dynamo would rather be suitable for a wheel with soup spoons fed with a larger jet but at lower pressure
0 x