Fridge behind a window

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
tetelle
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Fridge behind a window

by tetelle » 28/02/10, 16:49

I have a fridge and a freezer in a back kitchen, on which gives a bay window, with a full west orientation, it is hot in the room and I wonder what to put in the window so that the fridge and freezer consume less, what type of coating, blind ...
Thank you for your advice
Estelle
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/03/10, 11:23

You have to prevent (in summer, of course) the sun from entering the room.

Even before the glass.

The ideal would be an awning, calculated so that the window sees out of the sun in summer, but not in winter.

If you need light, there are semi-transparent films that block the heat a bit.

If aesthetics are not a problem and the room is very little occupied: insulating plate (polystyrene or polyurethane) covered with aluminum foil, preferably on the outside.

... or shutter ....

Exhaust hot air from above, draw cool air from the east (if possible, of course)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be