Organic products imported, the case of Belgium

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Organic products imported, the case of Belgium

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 12:35

A shame: Belgium imports 80% of the "organic" sold

The supply of organic products is insufficient in Belgium compared to demand, which means that almost 80% of organic products are imported. As BelRTL explains, this is ecological nonsense.

Magazine - Science and Health 8:29

It is not because a product is from organic farming that it is necessarily local, and vice versa. So, when you find an organic product in a store, it can come from far away: it had to be sent to Belgium, which pollutes. Our country imports around 80% of the organic products sold to meet the ever increasing demand, which is therefore ecological nonsense.

Lack of structures is at the root of the shortage

However, more and more farmers want to switch to organic. But the structures are insufficient: not enough experts to train these new organic farmers, no structured distribution chain.

European agricultural standards are inconsistent

Agricultural standards (mostly European) also do not take into account organic producers, for example, they force meat producers to carry out certain vaccines on animals, while organic producers refuse to use drugs, and that their animals are not likely to catch diseases thanks to a more natural food.

Organic farming calls for action

The sector requires several things to reduce the inconsistencies caused by the current system.

- Strengthen existing organizations to serve as centers of expertise
- Further develop research in the organic sector
- Develop distribution structures
- Coordination between the different political actors (regions), especially vis-à-vis Europe

The Walloon region has included in its regional policy declaration the development of organic farming and the strengthening of the sector.

Source
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 16/11/09, 12:52

Yes, but I do not know if in France we are not 90%.

And since great fashion is above all exotic. , for example to make pineapples or others.

Besides making wheat intensively, it affects premiums, the organic sector has no right.

but I think we are more like a paradox.

Ah heard some time ago,
What there would be 30000 / day of hunger in the world, not fast enough too much mouth to feed and in addition it lives too old.
a + claude
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/11/09, 09:12

And then for the intensive we use a lot of chemicals (weedkiller, fungicides, insecticides) which boost the economy of chemistry and F1 hybrids and GMOs which boost that of the seed companies and captive producers who cannot replant directly the fruit of their production ...
Besides, it is enough for environmentalists to take action in a field for the police to intervene immediately.
Okay, you will tell me that this is normal since they are cereal-killers : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 17/11/09, 09:31

Yes, I was only talking about the complex, let's say political lobbying.
Because if we add all.
We can put all that is agricultural machine, oil, justice (must be dragged in front)
Since in addition they were not sharpened. Thin is the know-how.
If at least the idea is exported, : Lol: it will bring in currency, but since we are the center of the world we keep that for our campaigns.
: Cry:
a + claude
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/11/09, 21:08

It is best to join an AMAP. The farmer undertakes to produce organic and one buys his production by paying in advance so that he is not obliged to make credits.

We eat local and we eat seasonal fruits and vegetables.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 18/11/09, 06:33

Yes it's true that it's not a bad idea.
Now I prefer, the even more local, my garden :P .
a + claude
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/11/09, 12:28

clasou wrote:Yes, but I do not know if in France we are not 90%. [...]
No, it's more around 50 to 60% ... I read an article recently but I can't find it.

When you think that in 1991, France produced 60% of European organic production ... :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 18/11/09, 12:53

Yes it's true it's not the first time that we are a pioneer and then we go down in the ranking.
wish after a search in ....
but this is the fruit, so maybe it incorporates or excludes other things.
a + claude
France: 60% of organic fruits and vegetables are imported

According to the latest study presented by the Organic Agency and carried out by AND-I, organic consumption grew by 25% in 2008 with sales reaching 2,6 billion euros. From now on, the market share of organic products has reached 1,7% of the food market. To date, 42% of organic products are sold in supermarkets As far as fruit and vegetables are concerned, retail sales total 451 million euros, an increase of 22% compared to 2007, and almost half of sales take place in organic stores (214 million euros) and 110 million euros in direct sales. If in the dairy and meat sectors organic imports are almost non-existent, for fruits and vegetables the import rate reaches 60%. Regarding organic fruit and vegetable crops, fresh vegetable areas increased by 14,2% and in 2008 represented 2,2% of French vegetable areas. Brittany leads the way with nearly a quarter of certified surfaces. For organic fruits, they represent 5,8% of hexagonal fruit areas with 10 ha (+ 954%) in a context of national decline in fruit production (- 13,5%). The Rhône-Alpes dominates.

source: www.fldhebdo.fr
0 x