A flail called palm oil

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Snickers
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A flail called palm oil

by Snickers » 15/09/09, 20:48

I'm tired of not finding good creamy ice cream anymore! : Cry:

Good cakes made with local products. More than croissants in oil! : Evil:
Pizza where cheese is produced with palm oil and flavors! He calls it "analogkase" on German labels. I am convinced that there is the same thing in France. It looks like cheese, it tastes like it but there is no cheese in it at all! :

Ask for the composition of the cheese used by your pizza seller! Tell him that you are allergic to palm oil.

This oil is a scourge that goes against taste, health, our economy (100% imported product), the planet.
Shame on the food manufacturers who introduced this oil to replace the cream and butter!
We are not lacking, if we refer to the actions of current dairy producers!

What solution to say that their oil product, we do not want?
That I am ashamed to buy its products, source of deforestation of primary forests when there are huge stocks of butter.

We impose milk production quotas on farmers but no import quota for these substitute products harmful to the planet!
What is this Europe, I wonder why there are so many politicians.
It is urgent to stop these imports of oil for the benefit of our local products. This is also taking care of the environment ...
0 x
1000 Km VAE self-built (02 / 2007)
http://cyclurba.fr/velo/206/VAE-kit-rea ... -velo.html
Vélotaf in VAE Kit Nine continent 48V http://cyclurba.fr/forum/17745/essai-ki ... 9#msg17745
28Km / day A123 2P15S BMS Balancer
You will not kill your planet!
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/09/09, 21:51

What do you want ! apparently the milk from our good cows is too expensive! This is why the breeders go on strike and spread it in the fields ... :D : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cry: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

if someone could explain it to me, i am a taker: i promise not to heckle: i would put a scotch tape on my big g ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/09/09, 22:49

Indeed industrial palm (or palm kernel) oil is a scourge.

Not only because they are "hydrogenated" fats that are very harmful to health. But especially by the fact that heated to very high temperatures they release "trans" carcinogenic acids and that it will be necessary to absorb as much "good fats" to eliminate them which will have made you fat each time in passing.

This has reached such a point in New York, that the municipality has even decided to ban all trans fatty acids in restaurants!

The solution? No longer consume it and replace it with omega-3 -6 -9 fatty acids. See the butter for cooking at high temperature (but not for everyday consumption or we prefer white cheese 0%).
Last edited by Obamot the 15 / 09 / 09, 22: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/09, 22:51

There are still butter croissants ... and even those in the supermarket ...

ps: what's in the snickers? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/09/09, 22:52

It is marked on the package in very small print : Mrgreen:
0 x
Snickers
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Snickers » 16/09/09, 00:37

I don't eat Snickers! There is hydrogenated palm oil in it! Revolting : Evil:

Finding butter croissants is probably possible in France but at home!

If you have a brand of ice cream without vegetable oil, I am a taker?

Personally, I would prefer to eat 3 times less ice but good! Not these chemical ice creams, without smoothness and taste.
The worst part is that we end up losing the benchmarks of what is good.
Children are used to it very small ... eat ice cream, cakes, dairy products, which are intended for them with great reinforcement of inlaying.
Taste and you will understand what I am talking about! It is really infamous.

Their "dairy products" taste like water, hyper sweet for some have no flavor and contain (water, vegetable oil (palm), syrup, unknown flour, ...).
Yuck yuck yuck, and the trend has really increased in recent years!
Finally, it's my feeling!
I did a research on palm oil and consumption, it's revolting :x
0 x
1000 Km VAE self-built (02 / 2007)

http://cyclurba.fr/velo/206/VAE-kit-rea ... -velo.html

Vélotaf in VAE Kit Nine continent 48V http://cyclurba.fr/forum/17745/essai-ki ... 9#msg17745

28Km / day A123 2P15S BMS Balancer

You will not kill your planet!
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/09, 00:42

Snickers wrote:If you have a brand of ice cream without vegetable oil, I am a taker?

Are there any in the Cartdor? They are however good ...

Snickers wrote:Personally, I would prefer to eat 3 times less ice but good than these ice cream of chemical product, without smoothness and without taste.
The worst part is that we end up losing the benchmarks of what is good.
Children are used to it very small ... eat ice cream, cakes, dairy products, which are intended for them with great reinforcement of inlaying.

Their "dairy products" taste like water, hyper sweet for some have no flavor and contain (water, vegetable oil (palm), syrup, unknown flour, ...).

Okay so what keeps you from ... making your own ice cream?

We have been making it ourselves for 6 months with original flavors (banana, hazelnut, kiwi apple ...)

An ice cream maker with a inertia pot costs around € 50 ... less for the 1st prize and you will know exactly what you have in it ...

Snickers wrote:I did a research on palm oil and consumption, it's revolting :x

Research where? On the net I bet? Beware of overly partisan sites ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/09/09, 08:32

+1

Snickers wrote:I don't eat Snickers! There is hydrogenated palm oil in it! Revolting : Evil:

Finding butter croissants is probably possible in France but at home!

The reasoning would be not to buy strawberries in winter or French butter croissants in Germany. By embarking on such demands you are promoting an industry that sells what consumers WANT and not necessarily what should be produced in the INTEREST of the consumer and public health.

However, it was Germany that launched the "reform shops" (translation from German). There you will find bread products made from Natural leaven. Because butter or not the major problem of the croissant is that it is made with industrial yeast. It is not a dietetic food to recommend and should in any case constitute an exception during the week (in my time we hardly bought croissants except on Sundays ...).

Snickers wrote:If you have a brand of ice cream without vegetable oil, I am a taker?

Personally, I would prefer to eat 3 times less ice but good! Not these chemical ice creams, without smoothness and tasteless.

One of the reasons for the use of hydrogenated fats (palm) is the consumer's search for smoothness.
Again, ice creams are not part of the dietary recommendations ... and their problem lies more in the fact that they are prepared from refined white sugar which is a double calamity because it causes both a decalcification of the organism and its acidification.

Snickers wrote:The worst is thatwe end up losing the benchmarks of what is good.

Yuck yuck yuck, and the trend has really increased in recent years!
Finally, it's my feeling!
I did a research on palm oil and consumption, it's revolting :x

Well no. Fortunately, nature is well done, the consumption of industrialized products "does not lose the bearings of what is good". You say it yourself: "This oil is a scourge that goes against taste" [...] "without smoothness, without taste" So it's good that your taste informs you ... You just have to buy what is tasteless and go to fresh products ...

All those who have corrected their diet in a serious way, we saw their taste capacity increased tenfold. So much so that in principle they are able to detect whether in the food they eat there are (or not) industrial products (flavors, sweeteners etc.). Experience it ... but in principle you will have to wait two months before this sleeping faculty awakens ...

Are vegetable fats harmful?
Would fatty acids, as you describe them, all be harmful to health? In fact it is quite the opposite, only you have to know how to choose them and never cook them.

Palm oil is said to be very healthy if it is cold extracted and eaten raw. But it would not taste good, which is why it is hydrogenated at high temperature to remove its flavor which does not meet our "western standards". Raising the temperature denatures and transforms beneficial "cis" fatty acids into harmful "trans" acids.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/09/09, 10:15

Obamot said:

you promote an industry that sells what consumers WANT

mostly:

consumers want the price

and industrialists, the beneficiary!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/09, 10:31

Benvi and in this case the toast?
Or should we cut costs?

a) Suppliers + Raw Material
b) Transformation + Labor

a) + b) = c) More or less serious ecological and social consequences

But as we say: the customer is KING !! : Evil:

Vote vote vote by buying buying buying !!
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"