Waste: Nespresso coffee 0 - Bodum 1

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Waste: Nespresso coffee 0 - Bodum 1

by Christophe » 02/09/09, 17:05

In France this kind of advertisement would be directly the subject of a lawsuit although for 2 or 3 years the "comparative advertisement" is authorized ...

Translation for anglophobes:

Make taste,
no waste.

Be Green!

And yet another victory for econology! : Cheesy:

Source: http://www.andsoblog.com/andsowhat/2009 ... bodum.html

ps: you will find Turkish coffee makers in all flea markets! We have one, the taste is good but you have to master the heating of the water ... too much = boiled, not enough = lack of taste ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/09/09, 19:31

Nespresso, tassimo, senseo and the like should be banned.
We are constantly told to limit our waste, and what are the food manufacturers doing ... they are doing more.
Especially since these capsules are made of aluminum it seems to me?
Given the cost of recycling, anti-waste laws are needed quickly!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/09, 19:45

Banning I dunno ... educating people should be enough: a product that does not sell. I think, despite my protest, my sister has a nespresso ... or senseo. Senseo is less worse I believe there is no aluminum ...

Now if people are happy to pay 0.20 or 0.25 euros per cup of coffee instead of the same price per coffee maker that's their problem but ...We just have to STOP breaking our balls on "purchasing power"for everything else (probably more essential than a nespresso).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/09/09, 20:09

These coffee making machines work thanks to the playful "gadget" effect, and a concrete advertising campaign (formatting?).
As Coluche said: "And to say that it would be enough that people do not buy them any more so that they do not sell"!
Ah yes I forgot "what else" : Lol:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 02/09/09, 20:14

Well possibly, if it is a gift that we gave you there is the home made refill of the pods :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 02/09/09, 21:16

I have a Nespresso coffee machine (do not type, do not type)
In Nespresso stores in Switzerland and other countries, they collect your used capsules for recycling, but not in France it's a shame ...
0 x
A4 1.9 90 tdi CH - 300 000 km
Record conso - 4.15 L / 100
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/09/09, 22:01

Sen-no-sen wrote:We are constantly told to limit our waste, and what are the food manufacturers doing ... they are doing more.

The aim of manufacturers is naturally not to produce more waste, it is only for them the means of locking up their market.
Structurally, earnings tend to stagnate or decline in industry; manufacturers / traders make a profit on compulsory purchases: no one is strictly required to buy this type of coffee maker, but those who have done so are forced to provide themselves with its famous pods.
This is what auto manufacturers have been doing with parts for a long time; the on-board electronics follow the same logic: dealers thus gain a monopoly on the maintenance of the brand's vehicles since they alone have the specific (expensive) tools. This can also go through the regulatory route, as can be seen with the "scrapping" premium.
All ambitious economic players have only one idea in mind: to remove competition and introduce a lock that will allow them to control the market at their level and to derive a great bonus for their benefit.
Currently, it is generally easier in terms of trading than manufacturing.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 02/09/09, 23:01

Ahmed wrote:All ambitious economic players have only one idea in mind: to remove competition and introduce a lock that will allow them to control the market at their level and to derive a great bonus for their benefit.
Currently, it is generally easier in terms of trading than manufacturing.

This is the famous "captive market", the dream of any self-respecting business.

We find the same thing with printers and inks for example, and indeed the profits (on inks) are substantial.
They can almost donate the printers, they don't have a problem!

Another example is that of battery-powered devices, where we always recommend Duracon batteries, and as luck would have it, the multinational that sells these devices also manufactures these batteries. Good game.
The worst example: "gillou" shaver, with vibration for an even more efficient shaving, so a "duracon" battery: and yes, the "gillou" group owns "duracon" batteries.
long live the world companies
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/09, 09:00

sen-no-sen wrote:These coffee making machines work thanks to the playful "gadget" effect, and a concrete advertising campaign (formatting?).
As Coluche said: "And to say that it would be enough that people do not buy them any more so that they do not sell"!
Ah yes I forgot "what else" : Lol:

Ah yes but you are paid by the competition of Sen-no-seo not? : Mrgreen: Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/09, 09:05

Ahmed wrote:The aim of manufacturers is naturally not to produce more waste, it is only for them the means of locking up their market.

Not entirely in agreement: waste represents an immense financial mane, particularly via local taxes ...

The more waste there is (in tonnage or volume), the more money some people earn to treat them (suez, véolia ...).

So it is possible in a capitalist system of cross-shareholding that there are sacred "collusion" of interests ...

It's like this American trust which sold prostheses on the one hand and anti-personnel mines on the other ... the shareholders were sure to win every time! But money has no smell, eh ... so they say ... :|
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"