Chatel law and cyber-commerce: premium numbers allowed!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Chatel law and cyber-commerce: premium numbers allowed!

by Christophe » 20/04/09, 11:17

Good to know:

Telephone contact details and order tracking: the law imposes a non-surcharged telephone number allowing real contact with the online merchant.

The e-tailer will now have to provide "telephone contact details allowing him to get in touch with him effectively" (article L 121-18 C. Conso). He is therefore obliged to set up a telephone line which allows the online buyer to reach him quickly. This telephone number, which may allow the cyber consumer to follow the execution of his order, exercise his right of withdrawal or even exercise the warranty should not be surcharged. This measure is aimed at combating “endless” helplines or the cyber buyer either endures an interminable waiting time before obtaining a call center, or never gets anyone on the phone.

The Chatel law will come into force on June 1, 2008.

More informations: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_Chatel

All e-tailers with an overcharged number (08 ** ....) are therefore outlaws ... Let them know before ordering from them ...

ps: it concerns France if a Belgian knows a Belgian equivalent, that interests me ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/04/09, 21:40

Yes! you realize: you are creating a merchant site where all the customers are so unhappy that you earn more money by letting customers hang around on the phone than selling them. Even more need of stock! I create !

To my knowledge, it has not yet happened in Belgium, on the contrary, for example for the places of spectacle, it is a 0900
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/09, 21:50

Uh light up the forumFrench eurs: how much is a 0900 in Belgium?

Personally I buy NOT from a merchant with an overcharged number ... it's a principle that I have always respected.

I'm surely too ... "perfectionist" for this world ...
0 x