Recycling clothes by the kilo in bulk. Econological concept!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Recycling clothes by the kilo in bulk. Econological concept!

by Christophe » 08/12/08, 14:14

Another major newspaper article citing the word "econology":

Mirande. Eco-sphere: “I will take 2 kg of jeans! "

An innovative business concept has just opened. He proposes to "recycle" the clothes.

Patrick Galmant is an adventurer ... "in another life, his name was Indiana Jones" says smiling his son Alexandre with the consent of his sister Clara. This Norman arrived in the South in 1991 and in the Gers in 2001. He worked as a technician in sound and music. Sensitive to environmental issues he practices "econology" but he prefers to speak of "ecolonomy". The word sounds better. Just pronounce it to realize it! Christophe's note: AH BON ???? : Cheesy: Well tastes and colors ...

an eco-CITIZEN CONCEPT

He has just embarked on Mirande with his wife Sabine in a new adventure which allows him to satisfy his two requirements, ecology and economy.

He started from the observation that being a consumer, we all have in our cupboards and closets clothes that we no longer use for size or fashion problems. He proposes to put them back on the market. “This limits the number of trucks on the roads and limits massive imports from low-cost countries by upgrading an existing product. An advantage for ecology. He therefore collects, by paying per kilo, these unused clothes which are cleaned and refurbished and sold at low prices or… per kilo in the store he opened the day before yesterday, Saturday December 6, at 4 bis, rue from President Wilson (formerly video-passion).

"This concept fits perfectly with the current economic situation". Its “Eco-Sphere” store is the embodiment of its eco-citizen attitude. He doesn't know if this adventure will work. “If it works, I will open other Eco-spheres elsewhere. "I make few margins but I hope to get by thanks to the mass (and weight!) Of the products sold because I believe that this can be an answer to the cyclical economic problems. He explains while weighing jeans for young girls.

Jeans are € 10 per kilo. It weighs 548 grams, and is therefore worth € 5,48.

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2008/12 ... jeans.html

10 years ago there was such a store in Strasbourg, I had never set foot there (you know it's the kind of store with 90% female customers), if I remember correctly it was called I think Kiloshop ...

In short there is absolutely nothing innovative in this concept ... except that at the time it was 99% for economic reasons and 1% ecological;)

Kiloshop went bankrupt between 2000 and 2003 I think ... Christine do you know more? Will history repeat itself? Not on ... Today ecological awareness is more developed, so I wish great success to this new business!
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 08/12/08, 14:30

Yes, I remember, I went there once with friends to buy delirious clothes for a costume party. Besides, I always have the 80 'dress with sequins and ruffles in Minilly killy : Cheesy:

Anyway, yes, the concept is not new and we will see if the new label "ecologists" will be more "fashion" than "old frippe".
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 08/12/08, 20:31

We want a photo : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 08/12/08, 22:45

On Tours such a store also existed (it's been a few years already) ... there were quite a few second-hand clothes of all tastes.
So it is true that it is not brand new ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/08, 23:03

You talk about the imperfect, so it also closed?
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 09/12/08, 11:34

indeed it closed and the store was bought by a fashionable clothes shop.
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 09/12/08, 12:05

This reminds me of a box that has now disappeared called "Eurotextiles" which bought € 0,85 / kg textiles to recycle them into rags and for house insulation.
It was within an NGO of which I was a volunteer that this box bought some 140 tonnes of used textile / year, there were 7 of us for pickups with a small 3,5 t truck and every day of the week except Sunday (and more!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/08, 12:18

Ah interesting A2E, how were fungicide / rat poison treated? Who were your customers because I have already heard about it but never seen any concrete examples ...
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 09/12/08, 12:38

In Brittany (and maybe elsewhere) the RELAI points where everyone puts second-hand clothes are for some, see a lot (because they had too much), transform into insulation (news on a N ° of the ecological house).
;) roller style
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 09/12/08, 13:23

Christophe wrote:Ah interesting A2E, how were fungicide / rat poison treated? Who were your customers because I have already heard about it but never seen any concrete examples ...

Ah, I totally ignore it! we were only content with collecting with the containers provided by this box, storing the textiles in a large hangar with loading dock for heavy goods vehicles which came each month to load its 12 tonnes of laundry.
We never visited this factory, but we knew that it employed about thirty part-time employees (as for the sorting of household waste) but after I can not tell you that what I know is to say that the textile was sorted by category (clothing-household linen etc ...) there were balls of rags for the industry or the garages and mechanical workshops, of the crushed or defibrated textile for the insulation and after I do not know .
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"