Culture of GMOs, Wallonia is committed!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Culture of GMOs, Wallonia is committed!

by Bibiphoque » 03/10/08, 12:40

Hello,
Received today:

Nature & Progrès has been listened to!

The Walloon Region will ratify the "Florence Charter"

On July 5, 2005, while Walloon parliamentarians were inquiring about the impact of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) in order to legislate, the Secretary General of Nature & Progrès thus concluded his hearing before the Environment Commission of the Walloon Parliament:

“Nature & Progrès, Ladies and Gentlemen, thinks that the Walloon Region must now give itself the time to reflect and analyze, that it must in the meantime protect itself against the proven pollution of GMOs! We therefore propose that, while awaiting the decree implementing the decree, the Parliament of the Walloon Region declares Wallonia a “GMO-free zone” by inviting the Government to ratify the “Charter of the regions and local authorities of Europe on the coexistence between GMOs and traditional and organic crops ”adopted in Florence on February 4 by twenty regional executives of the European Union. We propose to take advantage of this delay in order to continue research to assess and quantify the benefits and risks associated with GMOs, to define - if this is possible! - the cultivation conditions which will make it possible to maintain, in our Walloon Region, an agriculture free from GMOs, which, after all, is still our strictest right! "

Nature & Progrès did not fail to reiterate this request when the Walloon Region adopted its Decree on the coexistence of cultures, last June.

Today, just over three years later, our request has been fully met since the Walloon Region will soon be a member of the Network of European Regions without GMOs!

What does that mean ?

This means that the Walloon Region is clearly part of a policy which aims to:

protect conventional and organic farming against GMOs; create GMO-free zones on the basis of environmental and socio-economic analyzes;
establish at European level a principle of liability for operators of GM crops in the event of damage to other crops; supervise research on GMOs;
certify supplies of raw materials without GMOs; safeguard biodiversity; assert the precautionary principle with regard to the introduction of new GMO varieties in Europe; set up a European network for exchanging information and reflecting on the challenges and consequences of GMOs in Europe.

This means above all that the Walloon Region intends to weigh now, both at Belgian and European level, in order to allow all those who still wish not to find GMOs on their plates…

Nature & Progrès thanks and congratulates the Walloon Government for this particularly strong gesture which testifies to a great lucidity as to the future of agriculture, both locally and globally ... It is, in fact, often easier to believe the beautiful promises large multinational corporations than to hear the legitimate concerns of ordinary citizens.

Nature & Progrès is also pleased that the first implementing decrees are in the process of being adopted, with regard to corn. We obviously await with great impatience the implementing decrees concerning other crops.

For more information :

www.gmo-free-regions.org
www.natpro.be

Francis giot
Chairman
Marc Fishers
Secretary-general

For further information

Nature & Progrès asbl
520 rue de Dave - 5100 Legs
Such. : 081 / 30.36.90
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 03/10/08, 14:35

But finally Bibiphoque, it's lobbying!

You're gonna get hired by the big boss
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/08, 14:53

Ah no it's not lobbying since they have nothing to sell ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Well actually I think that's the right definition of a good lobbyist in the end it's forced sale!
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 04/10/08, 23:13

Bravo la Wallonie for once Image

Only one problem, however:
it is useless to prohibit the cultivation of GMOs (and therefore their dangerousness?) if it is on sale in all the shelves

You need a little consistency, no :?: :?: :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/08, 23:51

swift2540 wrote:it is useless to prohibit the cultivation of GMOs (and therefore their dangerousness?) if it is on sale in all the shelves

If it is to encourage ... the import of American or South American GMOs! Another one who understood nothing !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Long live the peasant confederation!
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 05/10/08, 00:08

well yes Christophe, what do you want
Between:
- Chernobyl and its cloud which stops at the border (really efficient flying customs : Cheesy: )
- GMOs
-mad cow
- scrapie in sheep
-bird flu
-Chinese milk
and so on
I had to leave some neurons in the adventure :frown:
Fortunately, a site like econology allows me to run those that I have left : Lol:

Congratulations Christophe Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/08, 00:10

Is it a multiple choice questionnaire?

Fortunately, a site like econology allows me to run those that I have left

If there were more French people who would think like you ... econology would only be better ...
: Cheesy:
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 05/10/08, 00:23

Is it a multiple choice questionnaire?

no, rather a mix : Lol:

If there were more French people who would think like you.

Me not French, me Belgian.

that thinks a french? Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/08, 00:29

And the French emigrated to Belgium? : Cheesy:
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 05/10/08, 00:50

AHHH Christophe,

You master, organizer, moderator, manager and servant of the site, oh you Christophe,

Be a case apart Image
0 x