How much water in the drum of a washing machine?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Sisi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How much water in the drum of a washing machine?

by Sisi » 12/08/08, 20:19

Hello,
I would like to know how much water must be minimum in the drum in washing machines.
Let me explain :
I bought a used washing machine in a store specializing in the recovery of old machines and professional reintegration. (three points in favor therefore: social, ecological (recovery of machines) and economic (cheaper). In addition to that I bought my last machine in this store (and it had worked 11 years!).
But this time the nightmare!…. :| I had several changes of machines that did not work in 4 months (different problems). And the last one, which in general it seems to work well, does not give good washing results. I realized that there was very little water in the drum: for a full load, wet clothes but less than 5 cm of water in the drum (can be a problem in weighing?).

I would like to know how much water is normally found for a full load (5 Kg) in water-saving machines.

If you have answers ... Thank you!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How much water in the drum of a washing machine?

by the middle » 13/08/08, 09:20

Sisi wrote:Hello,
I would like to know how much water must be minimum in the drum in washing machines.
Let me explain :
I bought a used washing machine in a store specializing in the recovery of old machines and professional reintegration. (three points in favor therefore: social, ecological (recovery of machines) and economic (cheaper). In addition to that I bought my last machine in this store (and it had worked 11 years!).
But this time the nightmare!…. :| I had several changes of machines that did not work in 4 months (different problems). And the last one, which in general it seems to work well, does not give good washing results. I realized that there was very little water in the drum: for a full load, wet clothes but less than 5 cm of water in the drum (can be a problem in weighing?).

I would like to know how much water is normally found for a full load (5 Kg) in water-saving machines.

If you have answers ... Thank you!

Poor Sisi :?
I understand you well.
To start, you bought second hand but in a store.
So you will have to assert your warranty rights ...
Whoever asks for nothing has nothing.
It would be nice to start there, I think :D
Also show off your charm and distress, it works with some men : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 13/08/08, 09:56

I do not know how much water there must be in the drum but 5 cm it seems insufficient
it is surely a pressure switch problem: either the pressure switch hose is partially blocked by the softener or slightly perforated.
either the pressure switch contacts reversed (in this case the half load is at full load and reverses)
or the hs pressure switch
but as the fair saying says the best solution if possible is to bring the device
0 x
Sisi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sisi » 14/08/08, 03:58

Thank you for your answers ! :)
I'm going to see tomorrow at the store (I hope I don't have a 5th problem machine ...!)
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 14/08/08, 09:12

I too am used to the shops of the abbé pierre (I think that's where you had to buy your washing machine, however I never bought household appliances from them!

however I understand your confusion.

I can not answer your question, but return the device, and possibly ask them to give it a try before taking the device!

I know that they would not be against me!

good luck.
0 x
Sisi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sisi » 14/08/08, 15:27

Hello,
No, it's not Abbé Pierre's business (I don't want to throw an undeserved stone at them :) ), they also have many stores in France and only household appliances. My fridge and my stove also come from home. Until now it was a site that I recommended (and they are present in certain ecological fairs).
I just called them and they told me to come and choose a new machine (the fifth !! it's starting to be tiring! And at ecological level 8 trips for a machine ...).
Fortunately I had even taken an extension for two years of warranty and they are the ones who come on site.
In fact it is very difficult to try before I would have to go with lots of business and I stay the whole cycle, I open the machine in the middle to see the water, the temperature .... ( they always told me they were going to run the machine before sending it to me but ...).
I'll keep you informed of the results......
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"