Consumption of a cathode ray starter standby off

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Djanfa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Consumption of a cathode ray starter standby off

by Djanfa » 04/08/08, 23:10

Hello everyone !
My brother-in-law, who lives at my parents' house, boasts of knowing everything about electronics.: Evil:

He claims to start the TV and turn it off ("Thomson CRT screen, large TV") consumes more than letting it light for several hours. So, he allows himself to turn on the TV when he arrives but he goes to take a shower, he checks his e-mails, etc ... all not even watching TV while she is on.

When I go home the TV is on and I see that no one is watching TV (can be an invisible man) ... I have the impression that he does not care ...

Q :: idea:
What do you think ? I still think that there is absolutely no point in leaving it on if we don't look at it. Do you know the time after which it would be better to turn off the TV if you are not watching it? For example for a "normal" gasoline car, it seems to me that if you have been stationary for more than 30 seconds, it is better to switch off the engine (this is an example).

Thank you in advance!! : Shock:
0 x
recup
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by recup » 05/08/08, 09:06

Hello

TV consumption
off 0 watt
on 90 watt
0 x
Christophe

Re: Consumption of a cathode TV start / standby / off

by Christophe » 05/08/08, 10:08

djanfa wrote:He claims to start the TV and turn it off ("Thomson CRT screen, large TV") consumes more than letting it light for several hours.

Tell us, he made the school of laughter your beauf? : Cheesy:

It's obviously anything...in all cases a TV does not consume more at startup (unlike a car or there is a debate). On the other hand cut for 30 seconds it's bullshit, not because of consumption but for wear!

But nothing beats numbers, so offer him this for Christmas or his next birthday:

https://www.econologie.com/shop/economet ... prise.html

ps: for example for the wear of a pc it is "admitted" thatit should not be turned on / off (hibernation included) more than 4 at 5 times a day. But a PC is more complicated (so a priori fragile) a TV ... a priori I say because with the new TV with built-in TNT Tuner ...
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 08 / 08, 12: 29, 3 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 05/08/08, 10:43

It made me think of this anecdote.
a friend who had heard on the radio an "electrician" say that the TV consumed much more on standby than on.

I guess it was not specified that it was a daily average based on the number of hours watched on average in France, 3 hours it seems to me at the time.

Suddenly he left it on during the "between 2" :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/08, 10:56

I think it was even an annual average ... see on the life ... this is the kind of dangerous statement if it is not well explained (or understood). : Evil: And that induces behavior con con like beauf cited above!

But which is the joy of EdF families who can enjoy free holiday camps ...

For example:
if a TV consumes 10W in standby and 70W in activity (the CRT advertising case), it must be viewed more than 3h per day (see equation below) so that it consumes more activity than sleep!

In this case we would have as consumption:

a) active: 3 * 70 = 210 Wh
b) Standby: (24-3) * 10 = 210 Wh

The equation is simple:
x = uptime
H = time on
W = on consumption
w = standby power consumption

code: Select all

w*(24-x) - Wx = 0

x = MINIMAL time to use your device forit consumes more activity than in standby.

So cut those p ***** of standby in any case !!!
But there is still worse than the watches! These are the consumptions hidden in OFF mode (all cut) it is the swindle to the consumer pure and simple:

https://www.econologie.com/electricite-c ... -3880.html

What do the consumer defense associations do?
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 08 / 08, 12: 48, 4 edited once.
0 x
Djanfa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Consumption of a cathode TV start / standby / off

by Djanfa » 05/08/08, 15:38

Thank you for the answers, I knew it was a beauf this beauf !!! In addition he leaves it on more than 3h a day.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/08, 15:51

Ben 3h is an example ...

It should be done with the figures of his TV ...

A lit TV consumes anyway MORE than a TV standby for an hour for example but ... over the year you have to look with the equation given above!

As he is an electrician, give him and he will only have to solve it :)

Ah unless he is an electrician at ... edf and that will be understandable ... He must deserve his "production bonus" ...
: Evil:
0 x