Household waste collection: group the collection

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Household waste collection: group the collection

by EVEN » 18/06/08, 09:29

Hello

Tip that I have been practicing for almost 1 year:

Since my composter became a vital element in my vegetable garden I have reduced my waste volume by almost half.
So much so that my trash was only full for a week / two.
One day when I had put the bin half full, I could observe that the garbage collectors were reluctant to stop for a bin that was half empty. The problem is that sometimes we have waste that cannot bear to stay 2 weeks in full sun POUAH!
So I came up with the idea of ​​putting my trash bags in the containers of the neighboring collective.

Review of

The truck no longer stops which generates less fuel consumption and the garbage collectors no longer moan :D

We can therefore wonder about the advantage of favoring the multiplication of individual containers rather than the grouping of OM to limit the circuit of garbage dumpsters ( even if it is only on a voluntary basis):?:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/06/08, 10:57

The idea is good but it may pose a problem in the current state of the tax system, rental of garbage cans etc. Especially since the trend is towards accountability through the weighing of waste and we appreciate moderately to pay for the neighbor's garbage.

But on the other hand, I think of this collective system that we have seen in Holland - but which exists elsewhere - which consists of placing large containers - with sorting of course - where the whole neighborhood comes to deposit their garbage. I do not know exactly how the tax system is organized, we should find out. But despite the fairly large initial investments, I suppose that the collection organizations make economies of scale and that ultimately everyone wins.

Is there a Dutch speaker in the room who can find us some testimonies?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/08, 11:00

Sharing and solidarity is one of the keys to a sustainable world.

For example, we think with the neighbors to buy equipment for the garden in common. What is the point of having everything double or triple for an object that only serves you a few hours a month?

When I am president I will compost everyone who has a garden ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 18/06/08, 11:21

Taxation by weight to empower :?:

it's also a way to individualize even more : Evil:

Does voluntary pooled collection not save money?
: Idea: We can also think of a mixed system those who are individualistic pay by weight while the conatainer grouped would cost nothing : Cheesy:

Speaking of composers and regrouping, I have heard of regrouping zones in cities for people who cannot do it.

balance sheet

Reduction of OM volume and production of compost
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/08, 11:25

I have always considered the incineration of compostable garbage which is still massively done in France as a thermodynamic aberation: water is transported to better evaporate it (via fuel / gas or the energy of other household style plastic garbage of all kinds) then ... : Evil:

But that makes the business of large groups like Su * z and anyway it is the private individual who pays their stock market quotation then pkoi change a system which "works"?
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 06 / 08, 11: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 18/06/08, 11:32

Clearly behind your "humor" : Evil: you would approve a system for grouping compostable materials :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/08, 11:37

Exactly and this has already been the case in Belgium and Germany (and in other EU countries) for years ...

There are, at worst, there are 2 bins: 1 for the compostable, 1 for the "rest".

At best, there were uh ... 12? If we separate the different plastics ...

Otherwise you can choose not to sort the "remainder". But since everything is weighed, it is better to sort, here is a little photo report that we did about it: https://www.econologie.com/le-tri-select ... -3212.html
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 06 / 08, 11: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/06/08, 11:37

Taxation by weight to empower Question

it's also a way to individualize even more

No, it is a way of taking responsibility by touching where it hurts: the wallet. It also makes people realize that our behaviors are not without consequences:
- Our natural resource withdrawals are not free
- Our waste does not disappear like in a black hole: its management involves costs.

This is how the system works here in Belgium, and even if everything is not perfect, the weight of household waste has been divided by 3.

We can also think of a mixed system those who are individualistic pay by weight while the conatainer grouped would cost nothing

Yes, and the groundhog packs chocolate
: Mrgreen:
But Besançon has set up a somewhat bastard system which seems to work:
http://www.rue89.com/2007/09/24/et-si-on-payait-nos-ordures-menageres-au-kilo
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/08, 11:39

Ben Christine, we still saw a lot of garbage cans with padlocks in Belgium ... so it goes rather towards individualism too ...

We also see a lot of waste along the roads, yep it's the 1% of assholes who don't want to pay per kg : Evil:
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 18/06/08, 11:48

Christine wrote:
We can also think of a mixed system those who are individualistic pay by weight while the conatainer grouped would cost nothing

Yes, and the groundhog packs chocolate
: Mrgreen:
But Besançon has set up a somewhat bastard system which seems to work:
http://www.rue89.com/2007/09/24/et-si-on-payait-nos-ordures-menageres-au-kilo

I say that we can also do 2 stones 2 shots: hurt or it hurts (portfolio) and fight against individualism while raising awareness on collective service and economies of scale to achieve.

The brat does not consume chocolate wrapped in aluminum foil either : Cheesy:

In the meantime in 1 year I put my container barely 10 times and the neighboring container is not doing any worse : Lol:
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"