Overconsumption: 4000 liters of oil per year!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Overconsumption: 4000 liters of oil per year!

by elephant » 01/02/08, 18:18

Hi guys, I would like your opinion:

I come out of an acquaintance who tells me that she consumes 4000 liters of fuel per year (including health care)

it seems to me huge
(One of my girlfriends consumes 1500 liters in a comparable house, my wife's cousin makes 3000 liters in an old house with 3 kids, EC included))

surroundings of Namur, country district in plain
15 home of age, double chassis, etc ...
shutters closed at night
central heating pipes insulated in the cellar, but perfectible
thermostatic valves in all rooms
the lady is present the day, but frankly thrifty
we do not heat the clearances, nor the floor, there are no more children
at home.
the living room is only heated in the evening, the bathroom in the morning
Buderus boiler of good level

I found several flaws:

no automatic adaptation of the boiler water temperature
thermostatic valve in the room where the thermostat is located (kitchen)
burner not regulated since 3 years
insulation of the pipes in perfectible basement (angles, connections, complicated pipes near the boiler)
there is no clock, but I trust the inhabitant to replace it

you see something else?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 01/02/08, 19:28

I see another potential cause:
- Has the boiler been switched to "summer" mode, ie deactivation of the heating water in summer? If not, it can lead to a lot of purely wasted additional consumption.

It's unlikely to be that, but it's always good to make sure.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/02/08, 19:48

effectively. Does anyone have any idea of ​​the daily fuel consumption of a boiler in the summer position?

An "exclusive night meter" electric boiler consumes 8 to 12 kilowatts, I believe.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 19:58

4000L is still not huge for a house not isolated with a boiler having a yield of 70% ...

What surface and what level of insulation (there is 15 there was still isolated mall house). Average indoor temperature (25 ° C permanently 4000L is not much)?

How does it burn when the boiler starts?

If there is really overconsumption, I predict a maladjustment or technical problem of the burner ... or a leak in the tank : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

Re: Overconsumption: 4000 liters of oil per year!

by Flytox » 01/02/08, 22:06

Hello elephant
elephant wrote:insulation of the pipes in perfectible cellar (angles, connections, complicated pipes near the boiler)

The complicated pipes go where they are not expected and serve ... to heat the neighbor's house or adjoining shed. I already saw that, when selling a part of a building, the heating had not been isolated ..... : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 01/02/08, 22:16

And the boiler? How old is it?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/02/08, 22:46

forget the poorly insulated house and the pipes that go anywhere: they are all visible, and the house is non-adjoining.
The boiler has 15 years, like the house.

the house can be 12 X 8 m ground
cellars, ground floor, under roof, there are no more children in the house, the owners' room is on the ground floor

Oh yes, the lady is kind of stingy, so max T ° 21 °, thermostatic valve (unless of course, the water is too hot)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/02/08, 23:36

Verification of invoices and volumes delivered. Tank capacity.
If several deliveries in the year, it also consumes much summer?
---
Are these quantities given to him, really?
The scam of an unscrupulous tanker, that may exist.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 02/02/08, 00:02

Not normal, it's way too much with the use shown with thermostatic valves on radiators.

An 15 house is normally insulated (built in 1992: it has been insulated for much longer), but for fuel heating possible it is not very insulated.

A boiler oil 15 years is not so old, cons I would see a major cause: the burner to settle or leaking but it shows, then a reserve ECS important with a badly insulated balloon that cools .

The leak of the tank: easy to check if it is not buried, ELSE ...... there may be a doubt.

The losses on the pipes may be a little involved but it does not explain such consumption.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/02/08, 08:27

Currently, I heat my house, wood.
House, which is super poorly insulated, + 100 years, double glazing, but before, I heated with an oil boiler, my consumption was 2500 liters per year, without heating sanitary water, same house surface.
One year, I consumed a lot more, the reason was simple, I found traces of oil on the road, which led to the neighbor ... he came to serve in my tank .... : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"