Change of life: short chronicle

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Change of life: short chronicle

by Christophe » 27/01/08, 14:55

Here is a "copy / paste" of the selected pieces from an "econological" chronicle that I found really interesting in a local free (Passe Partout for Belgians who know),

This column, often satirical but pointing to very real problems, is entitled "States of Donkey" and the column in question "Change of life"

(...) I have the impression that we will have, in the coming days or months, change life or at least lifestyle.
Our consumer society seems to have reached its limits and the excesses suggested in all areas have led many families to the brink and precariousness.

But as most of the needs that have been created to make us spend, lightly, hard-earned money are superfluous needs, we can quickly find a few ways to end each month in the green rather than in the red ...

Some tips gleaned here and there: first of all the heating of our houses, to heat all the parts of the house summer and winter with a temperature of 20 or 21 ° is a luxury which costs very dear now and which deprives us for a long time of it is a pleasure to gather in one part of the house, in which the human heat and the heat of the fire warm our hearts and our bodies.

Heated corridors, heated laundry room, permanently heated bathroom, for two thirty minutes of use, heated rooms ... etc ... help our resources to become poorer both in terms of the portfolio and the planet. The use of the sweater, banned for years in our countries, can help support one or two ° less in our homes, summer and winter! (note: ??? a sweater in summer ???)

Telecommunications then: so many unnecessary phone calls, so many SMS that are lost in the mass, all subscriptions to various services that, in view of their lack of use are so expensive ...

Food: simmering a dish allows pieces of meat a little less tender but much cheaper, to become succulent dishes, melting in the mouth without melting the door monaie! The use of larger, cheaper containers, avoid a huge packaging waste and sometimes decrease the price of a drink from 30 to 50%.

(...)

To drive less, to travel less far, to avoid unnecessary travel, even and especially for short trips, to drive a little slower, save 1 or 2L on 100, save hundreds of euros every year, euros which today We are going up in smoke to gain a few minutes that we will spend ... to teleport or to spend: a vicious circle!

Well, I'll continue next time, it's so good to give lessons ... it would be good for me to apply ... myself!

Such a chronicle in the world or the figaro is for when?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/01/08, 16:51

All this is full of common sense.

The problem is that 90% of the population has become a city dweller and is completely unable to live in the countryside with its garden, chickens and rabbits, its wood stove and a saw to make fagots.

Thousands of "workers' gardens" are fallow, almost no one has plots in the countryside, farmers buying at low prices whatever becomes available, as and when people leave and inherit

Thus, all city dwellers need housing 22 °, SMS, plasma TV 1,5m diagonally, etc ... They have lost any reference to the real needs because we are in an economy of artificial needs.

They do not even realize that they are like children facing the energy and food supply of their city. Which ones are particularly vulnerable. You only have to see the brothel created by the fuel blockages of more than a week following a refinery or truckers strike ...

I, myself, have seen my grandparents live very happy like that, I am gradually absorbed in this way of life unreasonable, artificial and creating addictions. But in case of a hard blow, I have basics and basic skills to ensure my survival ...

And yet the movement of urbanization to excess grows every day, with commuting home / work always longer, tiring and energy-hungry.

So is the life of our economy based on fossil energy. Clearly, if we do not create alternative and renewable sources, the world runs to disaster.

@+
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 27/01/08, 16:59

Given that our primary needs are filled automatically (drink, eat, survive) by working 35 hours, which leaves a lot of free time, we seek to occupy this said free time in another way, hence a creation of Artificial needs (TV, etc.).

And this, marketing is very aware.

Maslow, are you there?
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramide_des_besoins

There was a time when children were happy with an orange at Christmas, now they need the latest electronic gadgets (it looks like I have 80 years when I say that).

The most interesting thing is that people who think it is important to give children a gift are those who only had an orange ... And who explain that it was enough for them (I have the example of my grandchildren). mother)!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/01/08, 17:23

And yes, hello Arthur!

And paradoxically, all these artificial needs are generally met, and next to that, the basic needs are no longer. I just think of breathing clean air, drinking pure non-chlorinated water, walking in nature, touching wood, animals ... and other needs, social needs, have long been undermined by the urban structure. Nobody, me the first when I am in these "megalopolises", looks at his neighbor, there have never been so many single people, people do not talk to each other, avoid each other, are even suspicious. even a hello becomes suspicious !!! It is mind boggling. :|
0 x
faaab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by faaab » 28/02/08, 13:22

work,
consumes
die ...

I saw this on a T-shirt of a person with an altermondialist look : Twisted:
(It's not good ideas, no it's not good : Oops: ).

Consumer society = hyper-individualistic society?

Why think of others? When I think that the Earth turns to me, nan? It's not easy going to talk to a stranger, plus he looks suspicious that one, he says stuff but I do not see where he wants to come from? I would be better in my corner to do things that I like ...

And worse m *** it is not taking a shower 10 min rather than 30 that I will save Africa!
Well, I have not recycled this brick of milk, it's okay I'll recycle the next one. What is a brick in front of the total mass of recycled waste?
Oh and then damn, it's just for fun, I have money, it's not too expensive, I'll give me that flat screen. TV is cool. Fortunately it is there because life in the city is zero is too crowded, I love to go out, we are at home, it saves money (it's expensive half today, all that to be tight next to a stranger) ...
Finally all that to say that here, it's me Image from time to time what I see where I hear. And yet as many I am not an example, but to be aware of it, it is already that, it means that the world begins to change ...
: roll:

Nevertheless it seems that:
The only thing that allows man to live is the act.
Jean-Paul Sartre
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 23/04/08, 23:34

Unfortunately we are in a system and that life outside this system is shady.
We say that in the old days it was better than if we lived differently
life would be better but:
we are ready to sacrifice our present comfort and to what extent.

to spend a family evening without a TV
see saturday sunday without phone sms and telly
on Sunday we take the bike for this walk

it's already a lot, but not enough for my taste.

After if you have taken the taste the rest comes alone I speak from experience.
0 x
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 24/04/08, 09:29

These funny the messages of this subject, one has the impression to return 40 years back. Obviously it is possible to live happier by consuming drastically less since the time it is said. I grew up in a house where it is 14 ° C in the morning because my parents let the stove burst at night and suddenly live at 17 ° in winter is the norm for me. But reducing its consumption does not have to be effort but an automatism: do I need this?, Then repair this instead of replacing it?
It does not mean living outside society: we have two computers, a car, a TV (for 3 months and it was a gift so difficult to refuse;)). Besides that with an apprentice pay (≈ 700 €) and a trainee pay (≈ 600 €), we consume 80% organic (with occasional parental help, (some potatoes what) and taking into account the help housing that exist in France for very low incomes).
I do not say that to tell my life but simply because it annoys me to hear sometimes that the ecology is something of rich or that with a salary of teacher (for example) one can not eat organic. While the same buy a new car every 3 years or clothes every week (depending on sex :P ). Of course the situation is different if you live in a big city, but elsewhere in the province without even having a garden ...
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"