Variable saving bulb, a global innovation

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Variable saving bulb, a global innovation

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 14:52

It just came out at Megaman: continuously variable energy saving bulbs on a voltage dimmer / dimmer.

There were already models ofvariable bulb per step but no continuously variable bulb.

We currently offer a single model in GU10 11W continuously variable from 10 to 100%: variable economic bulb GU10 11W

A 9W flame model could also be available quickly.

Variable economic bulbs

Obviously I could not help immediately draw the curve of increase in brightness that here:

Alone it does not mean much, so here is the same curve but for a classic incandescent bulb:

Tests carried out with an SR500 rehostat and a "flat" luxmeter:

Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 23: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/01/08, 15:38

It would be interesting, if you had the time, to provide a consumption curve as a function of the brightness in order to realize if the consumption is proportional to the brightness or if, on the contrary, there are levels of consumption or certain regimes more greedy than others.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 15:56

I was looking forward to this question : Mrgreen:

Generally, the more powerful a fluorescent, the better its light output. We will therefore very probably have a better "yield" at 100% than at 10%.

Problem: I have no oscillo and if the cos phi "wanders" it will not be very precise to take measurements with 2 multimeters ... but hey I can try but the interest for the user to know this curve is rather limited. What matters is the rise in brightness curve.

The difference in behavior between the 2 types of bulbs is quite surprising. I'm not an electronics engineer so I don't really have an explanation. Opinions?

Otherwise, Targol, there is an index in the product sheet which clearly shows the differences in performance depending on the brightness, point 2 and 3 of the characteristics: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-126.html

According to my curve and this info we can deduce that the yield at 100% is about 4.5 times better than at 10% (estimated therefore around 90 Volts, at 80 V the bulb is off, in fact the curve should be vertical at 90V up to 10%).

I guess the yield curve has exactly the same behavior as the brightness curve :)
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 23: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 09:34

By observing the curves I think that in the 2 cases one should be able to go up more in tension and thus to increase the luminosity of the bulbs that it is economic or traditional.

Pkoi? Because the curves are far from asymptotic in the vicinity of 100% brightness and there is little chance of having an inflection point (especially for the incandescent bulb), we can deduce that the maximum brightness is reached asymptotically.

For the fluorescent bulb: this seems to be around 120 to 130%
For the classic bulb: it is more difficult to say with this curve but probably more than 130%. Has anyone ever toyed in this sense with light bulbs?

I guess this "clamping" is related to the life of the bulb.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/01/08, 10:06

Very pretty but you can see with your eyes not with a luxmeter. The maximum sensitivity of the eye is around 0,54 µm and there are a bunch of high performance miracle devices with which they can see because they mainly light up in blue.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/08, 14:20

We have been offering a 2W model for 9 daysvariable economic bulb for chandelier or wall lamp E14.

Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 23: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 30/09/08, 16:13

Hello,
I was interested in dimable for TL, in fact for these, we vary the frequency of cutting (input controlled in 10 volts on dimable electronic ballast for TL)
This is real progress for flucompacts!
@+
Last edited by Bibiphoque the 01 / 10 / 08, 11: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/09/08, 16:38

Super these bulbs, and of course you have them in stock : Cheesy:

You interest me, I will talk about it to lovers of cozy atmospheres : Lol:

Good day to you and your other half and of course to all the other extraordinary gentlemen & women of ECONOLOGIE the site that keeps you alive :D
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/08, 19:25

Bibiphoque wrote:This is real progress for floucompactes!

Toutafé but the offer is still "limited".

Megaman has only 4 models, the 2 we offer (GU10 11W and 9W flame) + an overpriced PAR38 (45 € incl. Tax I think!) And a classic "tube" model in E27 (which we don't did not do it because it does not add much compared to the Dors one model for 2 years already: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... -p-74.html ) and I don't know if other manufacturers offer them?

Lietseu wrote:Super these bulbs, and of course you have them in stock

Unless indicated in RED in the description, everything is in stock and sent by Taxipost 24h (for Belgium).
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 23: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
christine75
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christine75 » 11/02/09, 10:31

this is my problem may seem stupid but it has been months since the electrician made us go in circles ...

We have installed in the living room and the dining room 2 circuits of recessed spots (one of 5 spots and the other of 6 spots). so far no worries ... We warn the electrician that we intend to put economical and dimmable bulbs no worries ...
So we buy the spots at Massive as well as the bulbs

once installed no way to play with the dimmers, the switches installed are Niko, they are good dimmers but do not work with bulbs (Megaman Spot GU10 Variable Fluorescent Bulb (dimmable) BR1411d)

Our electrician says he can't find the right switch !!! help .... if we sell the bulbs we must sell the switches right ?? Massive not selling switches they do not know how to inform us
0 x