Testing an alkaline and saline disposable battery charger

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Christophe

Testing an alkaline and saline disposable battery charger

by Christophe » 29/04/07, 09:49

I'm testing a battery charger ... disposable.

Yes, you read that right ... it is not a simple conventional battery charger but an electronic charger allowing the recharging of so-called disposable saline and alkaline batteries.

Apparently recharging a disposable battery is far from a miracle, but the heating due to recharging with a DC charger damaged the battery (which eventually leaked or worse exploded during heating).

The trick of this charger is a controlled impulse charge allowing the recharging of disposable batteries.

The first tests I carried out were rather conclusive:

- recharging of a 9V battery over 5 years old: from 0.0V it went to 10,3V at the end of the charge
- charging of 4 AA panasonic alkaline batteries which went from 0,4 V (approximately) to 1,6 V
- no overheating of the charger, batteries or rechargeable batteries
- fairly quick recharge (3 hours max for the fully discharged 9V battery)

I am a little lacking in old batteries since we are not used to using them ... I now have to test the load resistance of these "recharged disposable batteries" and the number of possible recharges.

For this I bought an anti-ecological product: a Mini MagLite AA which has already emptied 2 batteries (new not recharged) in one night (less than 10 h) :D They are decidedly very strong, these Americans for overconsumption ...

Perhaps the ideal would be to plot the discharge curves hour by hour. What do you think? And do you have any ideas to further test the performance of this charger (which will, if the performance follows, quickly offered on the shop for a very democratic price compared to conventional chargers)

ps: this charger charges (and optimizes the lifespan) obviously also the "classic" batteries: NiMh and NiCd
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 29/04/07, 11:03

Hello,

This manipulation has already been carried out on another forum and in a yahoo group !!
To know everything:
www.tunecharger.com
yahoo TuneCharger group

Have a good day

Obelix
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/07, 11:12

Ah yes you remember this site, the internal technology must be similar in any case ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/04/07, 12:20

excellent news, because some devices like CD player, flashlights poorly digest the batteries due to insufficient nominal voltage. (1,2 volts), hence ridiculously low autonomy

in addition this charger in my opinion must be softer for normal batteries.

recycling 10 or 20 X an alkaline battery will already be a big step forward

can we know the brand?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 29/04/07, 17:13

a device like this should also be of interest for rechargeable batteries. Because even with a continuous device that controls the charge, the battery deteriorates when heated ...

It's for when in the shop! ? : =)

SixK
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 29/04/07, 18:55

for the theory it is here: The world of batteries
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/04/07, 19:19

Great ! Thank you Nialabert! :D :D :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/07, 22:29

Answers to your questions within a week.

I am at 4 charge discharge cycles for 2 AA Duracell, the manual says between 10 and 20 possible.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 14:47

After various rather successful tests, here are 3 comparative discharge curves:

More info on the product sheet:

Discussion on forums: https://www.econologie.com/forums/batboostor ... t3777.html
0 x