Jacket for water heater: lower consumption

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
belze1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Jacket for water heater: lower consumption

by belze1 » 24/11/06, 11:07

There are jackets in England that allow you to isolate
hot water tanks; the savings achieved as well
are not negligible (400 to 600 kWh / year) especially seen
the purchase price around 16 euros.
Could the eco-store not distribute
this kind of product completely unknown in France?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/06, 12:03

Uh reassure me ... a water heater is not optimally isolated from the original?
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 24/11/06, 13:02

Christophe wrote:Uh reassure me ... a water heater is not optimally isolated from the original?

Not always more or less.
There is already as you say an insulation of the water heater, but we can put around a second insulation:

example on this site:
http://prod.batiproduits.com/hlm/2005/p ... /7/360.pdf
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/11/06, 15:13

Hello,

All water heaters sold in North America are well insulated.
My two water heaters (60 gallons) are in a cold place under the terrace, with the heat pump equipment, place slightly heated, just so as not to freeze. if it were not to be properly insulated it would often heat up. The reason to group this machinery in an outside place of the house, is that in case of water leakage it limits the damage, and also the pumps, it reduces the noise in the house, I just regret not having install the central vacuum in this place, but it will come.
On the other hand, there is more to be gained by insulating the hot water outlet pipes, this reduces the response time for having hot tap water. Certain installs a system with circulation pump which keeps the hot water flush with the tap, so as to have instant hot water.
It also sells a system without hot water tank, an instantaneous water heater which requires a powerful heating element, therefore having an availability of large amperage in the house, this kind of installation is rather rare.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 06 / 02 / 07, 00: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 24/11/06, 15:38

It kills me to see that at your place (well at your place André), everything is super well thought out : Shock:

With us, when we deliver any device as standard, we have the impression that it is not finished or that things are missing.
When you look at even the most expensive, it's still lower than it seems to other people's equipment.

And when we compare the material and construction between our two countries, we realize that with you we took the time to develop a lot of things. : Wink:
0 x
Other

by Other » 24/11/06, 16:40

Hello,
I'm not ready to generalize
example the last dishwasher I bought a bosch it seems to me that it comes from you? I found it well built with the stainless steel interior, except that the water outlets are not in the right place.
Another thing you have is the induction cooker, I waited for it to come on the market here but it is only DIY not very industrial, there was a counter advertisement on this kind of furnaces for rather sell us the ceramic plates.

Now for the choices of washers and dryers
I found that you have formats rather small not very practical. (rare its the washers which have a heating element for water they both have water inlet) I think that Madame n, will not like, she wants good tools. There is also good competition in the market and this forces manufacturers to make more choices and quality.
I think that for marketing Europeans do not have the same way of seeing, you have almost the same articles that we have, but they are not always on a display on sight, you have to ask for them, and often they do not don't want to sell a piece of pipe, or a piece of sheet metal, you have to buy the whole piece.
a business trader accommodates the customer they come back to buy something else later. At your place the seller and independent vis-à-vis the customers, who are more numerous ..

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/11/06, 22:11

I also have a fairly high-end bosch dishwasher (the first computer that does the dishes). Well like a pc, it bugs quite often ... : Evil:

And then like all household appliances in France, it does not have a separate hot water supply ...

For induction tables, this is truly TOP. Better than gas, even for the energy cost! Indeed, with the gas we heat the pans but also quite a lot around ... With induction, we only heat the pan ...
Scholtes products are reputed to be the most efficient (several exclusive patents) The other brands manufacture under license or use Scholtes components or have a "sub" technology ...

I have not seen the "on covers" for water heaters in the post ... I'm interested.

Ah! for André, closed circuits with a pump to bring hot water behind the tap (and thus have hot water immediately) this is called an DHW loop. The trick is to start the pump before racking and to cut it after ... don't save water saving by wasting electricity ...
:?
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 25/11/06, 09:11

citro wrote:I have not seen the "on covers" for water heaters in the post ... I'm interested.

See the batiproduit thing link above : Cheesy:
(I just did a search on google ...)
In my opinion it is doable by itself with its mimines.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 25/11/06, 10:18

citro wrote:I also have a dishwasher ....... And then like all household appliances in France, it does not have a separate hot water supply ...:?

I found a good idea on the site www.bysun.fr . When there is only one water supply and you want to supply your washing machine or dishwasher with hot water (solar / boiler, etc.), just install on the water supply. water a thermostatic mixer and set the desired T ° c on the mixer, depending on the wash cycle. If the water is not hot enough, the resistance of the stuffer will top up and only top up. Very simple and very practical.

citro wrote:Ah! for André, closed circuits with a pump to bring hot water behind the tap (and thus have hot water immediately) this is called an DHW loop. The trick is to start the pump before racking and to cut it after ... don't save water saving by wasting electricity ...

Citro, wouldn't you have a link, a sketch or something to see how to make this DHW loop? Thank you
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/02/07, 23:22

bham wrote:
citro wrote:Ah! for André, closed circuits with a pump to bring hot water behind the tap (and thus have hot water immediately) this is called an DHW loop. The trick is to start the pump before racking and to cut it after ... don't save water saving by wasting electricity ...

Citro, wouldn't you have a link, a sketch or something to see how to make this DHW loop? Thank you

Sorry for the delay, but here it is:
http://www.conseils-infos-batiment.fr/plomberie/bouclage.php
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"