An application to easily analyze what you eat: YUKA

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

An application to easily analyze what you eat: YUKA

by Carl » 09/03/18, 21:35

Hello everybody

I just wanted to highlight a mobile application that I just discovered.

It allows you to categorize the foods you buy according to four categories: Excellent (dark green), Good (light green), Medium (orange) and Red (Bad).

To do this, it analyzes the nutritional balance of the food, the nature of the additives used and finally the aspect "impact on the environment"

In fact, it takes a little color code that the government has tried to impose on agribusiness manufacturers without achieving ....

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PEOPLE WHO WISH TO EAT MORE HEALTHY !!!
(For my part, I am unable to remember the meaning of all Exxx or nutrients for 100g ...)

https://yuka.io/
2 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: An application to easily analyze what you eat: YUKA

by izentrop » 12/03/18, 22:51

Food has never been so healthy
Fear in the belly
The French are now afraid of their plate
by Gil Rivière-Wekstein - SPS n ° 322, October / December 2017
This is the harsh conclusion that can be drawn from all public opinion polls. In 2014, nearly two-thirds of people surveyed in an Ipsos [1] survey said they were concerned about the effects of their diet on their health. Just seven years ago, about 50% shared this opinion. And this figure has since reached a historic level: almost 80% in 2016 according to a study TNS Sofres "FOOD 360" [2], carried out at the occasion of the International Food Exhibition. This is 20 more points than 2014. Frightening! http://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article2944
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/03/18, 09:20

Food has never been so healthy
! http://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article2944
Another article "trash" with contradictory statements to the glory of our vigilant services (sic)
There is, again, a confusion in the use of the word healthy. " which is favorable to the health of individuals "Certainly worry about salmonella and other beasts is important, but much more important is why.

https://www.pasteur.fr/fr/centre-medical/fiches-maladies/salmonellose
Epidemiology
Given the wide spectrum of animals that can carry Salmonella, a wide variety of food products, raw, undercooked or post-cooking contamination, can cause human contamination. : meat, and particularly poultry, meat products, eggs and dairy products.

This article "trash" taking up pseudo scientific assumptions, does not even work its neurons to find what emphasizes the passage above Pasteur: " causing human contamination: meat, especially poultry, meat products, eggs and dairy products Strangely, there is hardly any salmonellosis in predators, not cooking their food, because their secret organism, only at home, juices neutralizing these pathogens that are only dangerous in those who are not designed, adapted to this type of consumption.
Remove these products for human consumption and the question will be settled for the majority of them and therefore some sick and dead less.

Returning to a healthy diet and for the anecdote: I attended, in the 70 years, a meeting jointly organized by the 50 association of millions of consumers (at the time) and the service of repression of the frauds which was made a glory of having removed from the diet a dye amaranth (and others) and he emphasized their vigilance and concern for the health of consumers, forgetting that this product had been questioned and deleted long ago in America , but maintained in France. To the question: how many other products of the same kind are used in food and will be accused tomorrow as amaranth and the best was not to remove all the added coloring? What did not please the representative of this service of the frauds obviously .... Do not push anyway! And it is not these pseudo sciences that have been, are and will be at the origin of the suppression of many of these later recognized as toxic.
So yes, thanks to the vigilance of whistleblowers, many of the products that are harmful to health have been removed from the market. Yes ! Consumers who are less and less con-sumers and finally realize that business and health are not compatible in terms of health and that the latter depends on themselves and not the crane stuffing of agro advertisers food, the overall health of the populations then improves by adding to global hygiene.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/03/18, 09:37

As usual, assertions from the hat!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/03/18, 10:00

As usual, assertions from the hat!
out of your bubble, ultra conformist, there is a huge world to discover outside
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré