Nuts: natural and biodegradable laundry

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Nuts: natural and biodegradable laundry

by paotop » 16/02/06, 09:13

Ben ........ it is for those who frequent the city and do not know this product: la, nut wash?

I just noticed that nobody had talked about it (well, it seems to me)

the nuts of washing

I use a lot of 4 or 5 shells in a small fabric bag and it's great, Madam adds even more softener : Cheesy: .... and when it's washing more (after 5 or 6 washes), we throw them in the garden (compost) and we put others.

there are many sites that boast and sell the product.

it is also found in some organic shops ...

tried and approved (and cheaper than barrel laundry : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/06, 09:56

It's 6 months that we use at home! It is a true econological product since it saves money and the environment!
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 06 / 06, 18: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 16/02/06, 10:19

For others I also advise these nuts washing (regardless of any commercial site), we use it for almost a year now and it works very well!

I imagine that Econology will offer a partner product "eco-product" according to what Christophe says : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/06, 12:10

Benoit- wrote:I imagine that Econology will offer a partner product "eco-product" according to what Christophe says : Cheesy:

Basically yes that's it ... history to move from theory to practice (the virtual and beautiful ideas is good at first .... but without concrete it goes a while ...)
0 x
boubou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boubou » 27/06/06, 18:14

Hello !
a small intervention to say that the nuts washing is good, but that it is very difficult to know the ecological balance of this product: the nuts come from Asia and are not transported by a little squirrel type "l ' ice Age". Transportation is the largest emitter of greenhouse gases. So yes, nuts are better than laundry but what is the record? I asked the question to several resellers supposedly ecologists and to date today I still have not had answers (already more than 6 months waiting ...). Since Econology offers in his store, I guess it's information within their reach (in any case, it should!).
Me, I rather propose the laundry with the ash, well known of our grandmothers. This subject has also been addressed by gegyx the 22 April 06 on the post "catalyst for electrolysis".

We have been running this at home since 3 months ago and it works very well:
we get the ash from our barbecue (or fireplace for the lucky ones who have it), it sieves it to remove the charcoal. We then take 2 glasses (Durale type) of ash that is put in 1 liter of water. Let stand 24h stirring occasionally. Filter the mixture (it must be transparent and slightly yellow) and put 1 glass in the laundry compartment. We can then perfume the linen with a few drops of essential oil (lavender for example)
If you do not trust (like me at first), you can try the first time with dish towels, towels, etc. then go to the laundry.
I advise to be careful and not overestimate the amount of ash (type: I put more, it will wash better!) Because the mixture, if too concentrated, may be aggressive to the fingers (loss of fingerprints to high concentration !!!!!).
We are very happy and our clothes are clean, do not smell smoke (we put no essential oil) and all that for not a round!
Side ecological balance, it is necessary to count the combustion of wood (open hearth in a barbecue) therefore more pollution than in a good closed double combustion hearth (burning of the gases resulting from the combustion of wood) and the transport of wood (forest - > house: we are lucky to have a forest in front of us). Pollution which suddenly splits in two: cooking food and laundry.
I honestly do not think nuts can have a lower balance! I recognize that for those who live in apartments, the ash will not be easy to find!

Greetings!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 18:16

Boubou wrote:Hello !
a small intervention to say that the nuts washing is good, but that it is very difficult to know the ecological balance of this product: the nuts come from Asia and are not transported by a little squirrel type "l ' ice Age". Transportation is the largest emitter of greenhouse gases. So yes, nuts are better than laundry but what is the record?

You're going to be happy (e?) The answer arrives on the site as of tonight ... :)
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/06/06, 18:47

This recipe is well known and probably effective. Unfortunately not everyone has the time or the means to implement it: advantage of the washing nut, which in addition does not burn the hands whatever the dose.

As for the balance sheet and other objection, see the following article ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 27/06/06, 21:40

In my opinion, it allows especially to lower the amount of detergent used, because with a chemical detergent, it is quickly tempted to put three times too much.
And especially since the "laundry with the nut" releases its detergent according to the temperature (low temperature = little detergent), and that, even "A ... l h..o triple action with enzymes" do not do it.
Like what nature is well done 8)
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/06/06, 12:10

with washing salt (sodium percarbonate I believe in biocoop), the stain remover effect is impeccable. nothing to say I use more than that.

we can directly recover the output of the now biodegradable washing machine which is not negligible, for the garden, car or toilet.

I would like to try as a dish / schampoo product? ...

otherwise I heard, to stay on the French territory, seen that the transport raises a concern (and not the boats are not in pantone although water they do not miss it), that a plant, the saponnier , would be very effective.

and to stay traditional, the wood ash (white fine sieved) used in a bag in a wash 90 ° or filtered liquid previously heated in a machine also works, I tested it works.

so this is already 2 other alternatives ... but poses the following problem: who will do it? no one seems tempted, and it's good + easy to go shopping in a biocoop ...

I do not think that clearing the forests of the south that catch fire each year is a problem of business creation, but fenantise the French, become a stupid consumer country ... would not have a little of that? : roll:
0 x
boubou
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boubou » 28/06/06, 13:13

Christine wrote:This recipe is well known and probably effective. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or the means to implement it
As I already mentioned, for those who live in apartments, the washing nuts are perfectly adapted and much more ecological than the traditional detergents, there is no picture. On the other hand, for the others, those in house who have a chimney or a barbecue, the laundry with the ash is infinitely more ecological than the nuts. The sieving of 2 ashes does not take more than 10 minutes of operation, does not require skill, and is only to be performed once per lye. As for the means to implement: ash, a sieve, a glass and a jar of a liter! In addition, we can very well be advanced by spending a little more time punctually and build his own laundry stock.
Christine wrote: advantage of the washing nut, which in addition does not burn the hands whatever the dose.
But, I repeat myself, who burn large quantities of hydrocarbons whatever the dose. It can not be neglected !!! In addition, if I gave this warning, it is precisely so that people who want to try pay attention and do not burn their fingers.

Buying, even intelligently, is not an end in itself and relearning of know-how long known is a real pleasure. Ecology is not for me "consume differently" or "consume smart" but "reduce its consumption to the maximum" that it is on all areas, as well energy, water that consumer products.
To think that people living in houses go to the biocoop to look for nuts gives me the same feeling as people who buy fruits and vegetables systematically from organic farming but without looking at the origin of the products (which sometimes makes a package of way): one falls into "consumption to give oneself good conscience" without deep reflection, which becomes more and more frequent, since "trend" !!! (There is only to see the multiplication of the so-called organic products).
Everything is a matter of motivation as well as personal involvement in an ecological approach. Personally, I may buy some soap nuts, which I will reserve for the winter months, if and only if my ash reserves are not enough.
0 x
Whoever trains in the direction of the current makes crocodiles laugh