Fight against telephone harassment

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Fight against telephone harassment

by Ahmed » 11/06/16, 20:51

Since June 1, it is possible to register on the service bloctel to have his telephone number (s) removed from the lists of call centers. This is to try, although it does not remove all unwanted calls, it should allow to be less annoyed ... : roll:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fight against telephone harassment

by Obamot » 11/06/16, 22:09

Damn, I used to prank them at the canvassers (well, the big power stations that call you all the time), I will no longer be able :)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/06/16, 22:35

The problem is that it's not going to avoid scams because those who operate them do not have lists on the block.

The most common, a random landline number calls you, when you pick it up, or you hear someone talking pretending not to hear you and a few seconds later hangs up.
The goal: to remind you ... except that if you do, you are redirected to a premium rate number abroad (Asia, Africa ...) and there hello the bad surprise when you receive your invoice.
Strangely, the French telephone operators do absolutely nothing against this type of scam ... to think that they are an accomplice ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/06/16, 22:51

Of course, Forhorse, I'm aware of it, that's why I invite you to try, without too many illusions ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/16, 14:07

Yes I don't think bloctel is very effective ... moreover call centers are often relocated ...

Blocking hidden numbers (9/10 of commercial calls are hidden) is a simple and effective solution to avoid getting bothered by canvassing ... in my case the phone does not ring but the author has the option of leaving it all the same a message on the voicemail (if it is ever a really important call). I think there are customizable call blockers on android or iOs.

An effective way would be for bloctel to function as a firewall between your line and the call centers ... But I don't think that is currently the case ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/06/16, 14:16

Normally, the fact that the call centers are decentralized does not play a role, since it is the principals who supply the lists of the numbers to be called and that the restriction relates precisely to the content of these lists ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/16, 14:20

Let's hope so...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/06/16, 15:44

At the same time, the people who will do the process to register are, by definition, those who are the least receptive to advertising messages, so "phoning" would see its performance improved by focusing only on vulnerable people (to the point of do not even think of defending it preventively).
Perhaps that is the underlying motivation for this measure ... I know: I see evil everywhere, but is it my fault if I have good eyesight? : roll:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/06/16, 07:40

blocking hidden numbers is useless since the masked call technique has been abandoned for a long time (precisely because of this blocking)
Under android, we can also "ban" a number so if a direct seller calls you and you don't want him to start again, you can specifically block him.
Except that there too they found the parade.
Canvassing calls are no longer made with a hidden number, nor with their real number, but with a false number that changes each time.
A college even already had a call from 0123456789
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/06/16, 08:42

Forhorse wrote:Blocking hidden numbers is useless since the masked call technique has been abandoned for a long time
Indeed, masked numbers are becoming rare. An infallible method: do not pick up on an unknown number. If it's important, they leave a message on the answering machine.
On the other hand "unavailable" or I do not know what message of absence of number sometimes arrives while the caller does not mask it. It happened to me for relatives.
At the moment I often have an SMS on my cell phone: "you have a parcel pending, please call back such number" ... it is taking us for marbles, but if it works 1 time in 1000 : Twisted:
0 x