Senseo: Green coffee machine ... for singles?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Senseo: Green coffee machine ... for singles?

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 00:03

I have had a Senseo for a little less than a year, well I think it is a much more ecological machine (I think) than the classic percolator for singles ... Why?

a) We only make one coffee at a time
b) So we don't mess up (cqfd)
c) The energy consumed is proportional to the cup served
d) It can be used to make tea or herbal tea (hot water preparer without "capsule" senseo)
e) Senseo capsules are almost more expensive than ground coffee (8 to 12 € / kg)
f) The capsules go directly to the compost

BUT:

a) The lifespan of a Senseo (pump, sensors ...) can be more limited than a percolator
b) What about the manufacture of the capsules? No doubt a little more polluting than ground coffee!

ps: not to be confused with a machine Nespresso machine par excellence of ecological punk marketing... and uneconomical for the consumer with coffee capsules which can exceed 110 € / Kg !!! Who do we care ???

What's Else (in your ass)?

This is Punk Marketing: power-conservation / punk-marketing-or-the-art-of-fuck-is-of-consumer-t14549.html
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Senseo: the green coffee machine ... for single?

by izentrop » 28/02/16, 00:49

Hello,
Moulinex made a coffee maker which used the same pods, the direct serve CD1008

It was not as successful, yet the coffee comes out faster than for the senseo and is more economical.
or in red http://www.cdiscount.com/electromenager ... 005fr.html
The senseo must first heat the water in its built-in 250 ml boiler, while with the "direct serve", the hot water comes out as soon as the button is pressed. This is due to the fact that the water is heated directly in the resistance, as for the Tassimo.

But tassimo, like dolce gusto or nespresso, you pay dearly for proprietary pods. Same principle as printers : Mrgreen:

The French press also makes good coffee and is even more economical. :)

The lifespan of a Senseo (pump, sensors ...) can be more limited than a percolator
Wear is mainly the pump which is a small diode pump. You have the same in some percussions.
By cons there was a return campaign at one time, because the boiler is plastic. A thermal fuse incorporated in the boiler is provided to cut off before risk of overpressure and, as a precaution, the boilers have been replaced by new ones with double thermal safety. The big concern is the risk of heating without or with a lack of water ... and there you are good to replace the boiler because it is always the internal fuse that blows :(
Fortunately, the software prevents this from happening.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 01:32

I suggest doing a consumption measurement campaign with my Senseo? In preheating, standby, action ... just to see how much it really consumes ... and I still have a percolator lying around ... to compare "to the cup"!

As for the proprietary pods: why senseo was "copied" so quickly ... and not the others?
Sometimes it may be more preferable to (let) be copied I think ...

ps: yes for the Piston coffee maker ... just like the Italian coffee maker ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 01:36

About pods: I thought I saw years ago (long before I got started) senseo pods of Tea or Herbal tea ... ???

But I do not see any more ??? I dreamed at the time ???

You can do everything in a senseo, even coffee or milk chocolate ...

But obviously the coffee market has won everything ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/02/16, 09:29

I suggest doing a consumption measurement campaign with my Senseo? In preheating, standby, action ... just to see how much it really consumes ... and I still have a percolator lying around ... to compare "to the cup"!

It will depend on the amount of water heated unnecessarily in the internal boiler.

The Italian coffee maker, I don't like it makes boiled coffee.

Be careful with espresso machines, the coffee goes through a very small hole in the pod holder, this is what gives the pressure.
Sometimes it gets clogged and no longer open to remove the pod, sometimes several days. To avoid this, always look at the light if you can see the light through the hole in the pod holder before putting it in the machine.

Better not to let a chocolate or milk pod dry in the pod holder, the risk of clogging is important.

You can easily find permanent washable nylon pods that you can fill with whatever you want (tea for example). For tea, maybe it takes a longer brew time?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 11:43

I will check what is heated an electrical balance sheet will tell quickly.

What do you mean by internal boiler?
Where is the water heated unnecessarily ??
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/02/16, 22:29

Christophe wrote:I will check what is heated an electrical balance sheet will tell quickly.

What do you mean by internal boiler?
Where is the water heated unnecessarily ??
Mark 14 on the exploded right
eclate_senseo.jpg

When you press the button, the 250 ml of the boiler is heated to around 75 ° while the indicator light flashes.
You are using a 10 cl cup, the boiler continues to heat the water remaining in the boiler and you will therefore have used electricity to heat 350 ml.
250 ml needlessly heated if you don't use another one behind : Wink:
This is the principle of most espresso coffee makers with percolator.

To return to the "direct serve", there is no boiler, but a horseshoe resistor that we see in front of the reference MS-621919 on the following exploded view.
The water is heated as it travels through the horseshoe tube, no preheated water.
cafetiere-cd1008.jpg

Same principle for the tassimo.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 22:58

Ok thank you for the exploded views, I understand better what you wanted to talk about!

The principle of preheating the 250 ml is not a problem ... if we use the 250 ml (a MUG therefore) and cut the machine immediately after the coffee served (so as not to preheat the following 250 ml ...)

I'm going to look at exactly what it looks like with a plug-in power meter!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/16, 23:26

Quick little article on the inventor (or one of the inventors?) Of coffee pods: http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2015/03 ... eation.php
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/02/16, 23:49

It takes about 16 Wh to heat 250 ml of water from 20 ° to 75 ° (4180 J · kg-1 · K-1 X 55/4/3600) plus the pump and the electronic card, you should get within 20 Wh
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"