Sodium bicarbonate (soda): tips, tricks, use!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Sodium bicarbonate (soda): tips, tricks, use!

by Christophe » 30/07/13, 15:18

Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is an "almost" miracle product because it allows you to do a lot of things at home, in the garden, in the bathroom, in our food and cosmetics ... it is inexpensive, no toxic and very effective ...

Problem: these tips and tricks are not very well known ...

So here are some "homemade" tips found here and there:

a) Clean your dishwasher: an empty cycle with 100 gr of baking soda and a white coffee cup of vinegar for rinsing.

b) Clean the toilet: same dosage as for the dishwasher to pour into the water of the toilet, if possible reduce a little the water level before.

c) Improve the taste and lightness of your homemade pasta: 1 half teaspoon for 250 gr of flour will improve the lightness and taste

d) Hunt dust mites from your bedding: sprinkle a few teaspoons, brush to distribute, let stand overnight and suck vigorously

e) Sore throat: 1 / 4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 / 2 squeezed lemon, 2 teaspoon honey. Gargle and swallow. We can add rum and heat, it will be called a grog with bicarbonate :)

f) Washing hair (dry and fast, without drying): sprinkle your hair with baking soda, leave 2 minutes and brush.

g) Anti powdery mildew and black spots: a teaspoon of bicarbonate and a tablespoon of rapeseed oil in 1 L water (rain if possible). Spray on infected leaves once a week. For the mildew there is also a tip based on bicarbonate: parasite-on-tomato-effects-of-mildew-t8146.html

h) Anti-heartburn or acid reflux: 1 teaspoon in a large glass of water to swallow quickly (because not very good anyway ...)

Here are other topics that talk about baking:

Consumer-durable / looking-laundry-house-a-base-of-soap de Marseille-t8282.html
Consumer-durable / recipe-of-a-product-liquid dishwasher-homemade-t12445.html
media / the pollution-threat-the-health-heart-of-t4780.html

For finished, a pretty well done article that gives 9 tips and figures the savings made:

Sodium bicarbonate allows me to save at least 526,70 € in the year! This multi-purpose product is essential for a household at very low prices and take care of yourself. Ecolo and cheap, it has its place in every room of the house. Here are 9 uses to know absolutely to live better everyday without spending more!

To maintain my home

1. Clean His Sink Easily

Our sinks and sinks sometimes have a hard time: grease stains, paint, traces of make-up or even toothpaste. Stop! Stop scrubbing with expensive detergents and think about baking:
Put a drop of dish soap and a pinch of baking soda on a damp sponge.
Gently rub your sink or sink and rinse with clear water. Pass a microfiber towel to wipe and shine.

A sparkling result at a lower cost: a household product costs on average 2,50 € in the trade. If I use about 4 cans a year, my score is 10 €. With the bicarbonate, a few grams are sufficient for each use so maximum 1kg per year, an expense of 3,99 €. Annual saving: 6,01 €

2. Unclog her stoves and dishes without effort

It is not always easy to clean stoves, pans and other dishes without scrubbing intensely. With my tip, I clean them effectively and without any effort: I sprinkle bicarbonate on the dirtiest places. I add a little hot water and let 15 min. I clean and rinse as I usually do.

A perfect result at lower cost: a household product to unclog a very dirty dish costs on average 1,50 € per liter. It would serve me for about 10 uses. With my tip, a few grams of bicarbonate are enough and do not come back to me more than 0,05 € or 0,50 € for 10 uses. Plus, I save sponges! I use at least 3 sponges less on the year, saving 6 €. Annual saving: 6 €

3. To whiten her linen and give her back her radiance

White clothes that turn gray, it's not very glamorous ...

To revive this dull laundry, I use baking soda which gives all its shine to my light laundry: I run my laundry as usual. At the time of the last rinse, I add 100 g of baking soda to the detergent drawer. An amazing result at a lower cost: I no longer use "color reviver" products which cost me around 0,60 € per wash or even baking powder which cost me 1,60 € per machine but only my bicarbonate which costs me only € 0,40 per wash. If I base myself on 1 white laundry per week, that is to say 52 detergents per year, I am the winner on the whole line! Annual Savings: € 10,40 Find our full tip here!

4. Remove bad odors from its fridge (and elsewhere)

A refrigerator that smells as soon as you open your door, it does not really appetite. Especially since it can distort the taste of certain foods. To solve this problem, once again, use baking soda: Pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda into a cup. Place it on the 1ere shelf of your refrigerator. Renew the all month 2 operation for maximum efficiency.

Odors neutralized at a lower cost: on average, a refrigerator deodorant costs 4,50 € for a lifetime of two months. Let 27 € for a year. By replacing it with bicarbonate, I will use at most 250 g per year, 1 €! Annual Economy: 26 €

5. Whitening Her Teeth for a Brilliant Smile

It's a secret that your dentist is not ready to reveal to you: how to whiten his teeth for nothing! With this tip made of bicarbonate, in 2 weeks due to 2 brushings a week, I start to see the difference: In a glass, I pour the equivalent of half its hot water, a few drops of lemon, 1 pinch salt and 1 bicarbonate. I mix everything. I rinse my mouth and proceed to brushing, as with toothpaste, by depositing the paste obtained on my toothbrush. Bleached teeth at a lower cost: a whitening at your dentist can cost up to 400 €. With this tip, you will use the equivalent of 500 g bicarbonate year (1,99 €), 3 lemons (2,25 €) and 500 g salt (1,50 €), a note of 5,74 €! Annual Economy: 394,26 €

6. Fight Stress in her Bath

Are you stressed by the job and the hassle of everyday life? Like me, opt for a relaxing bath with baking soda: Pour 2 cups of baking soda into your bathtub. Then, run the water so that the baking soda mixes perfectly well.

A body and a mind relaxed at a lower cost: relaxing bath salts cost at least 15 € per kilo. We pour about 1 glass bath. With this tip, even if I use the equivalent of 2 cups per bath, I will spend about 2 kg in the year, not more than 7,98 €. Annual saving: 7,02 €

7. Relax Tired Feet

Staying too long, wearing high heels, being tired, we all have good reasons for sore feet. With my baking soda, I have a precious ally to fight these inconveniences: Dilute ½ glass of bicarbonate in a basin of warm water. Soak your feet for ¼ of an hour to reinvigorate them.

Feet relaxed at a lower cost: a relaxing product for the feet costs, on average, 8 € the 500 g for a duration of 6 months, or 16 € for the year. With my bicarbonate tip, I do not spend more than 3,99 € or a kilogram of product for the whole year. Annual saving: 12,01 €

8. Perfume with a very effective Deodorant

An effective and natural deodorant, that tempts you? With my bicarbonate, I replace my usual deodorant and I say stop to the harmful effects for my skin: In a bowl, I mix a pinch of bicarbonate with a little hot water. I apply it with my hands under my armpits. Effective protection at a lower cost: if a deodorant bought in supermarkets returns to me on average 4 €. Over a year, I will use at least 6 aerosols (ball or spray). With this tip, I only use a pinch of baking! Annual saving: 15 €

9. To clear up all in Sweetness

Your makeup removes your eyes? So, just like me and make it yourself thanks to baking: In a container, I mix barely 30 seconds 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 soup spoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil and ½ glass of water. I apply it with a cotton every night.

A homemade cleanser at a lower cost: my little preparation is less than 6 €, while a traditional make-up remover bought in supermarkets costs on average 14 € for 3 months. Annual saving: 50 €

Voila and you use it how your bicarbonate?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/07/13, 17:02

5. Whitening Her Teeth for a Brilliant Smile

It's a secret that your dentist is not ready to reveal to you: how to whiten his teeth for nothing! With this tip made of bicarbonate, in 2 weeks due to 2 brushings a week, I start to see the difference: In a glass, I pour the equivalent of half its hot water, a few drops of lemon, 1 pinch salt and 1 bicarbonate. I mix everything. I rinse my mouth and proceed to brushing, as with toothpaste, by depositing the paste obtained on my toothbrush. Bleached teeth at a lower cost: a whitening at your dentist can cost up to 400 €. With this tip, you will use the equivalent of 500 g bicarbonate year (1,99 €), 3 lemons (2,25 €) and 500 g salt (1,50 €), a note of 5,74 €! Annual Economy: 394,26 €

my dentist gave me a recipe of this kind, but not bicarbonate alone: ​​bicarbonate + hydrogenated water! Economical and more effective than traditional toothpaste
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/07/13, 17:11

How much oxygenated water?

Medical H2O2 is quite concentrated ??
It does not attack gums or languages?
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 30/07/13, 17:32

Christophe wrote:How much oxygenated water?

Medical H2O2 is quite concentrated ??
It does not attack gums or languages?

!
prescription of sodium bicarbonate and oxygenated water - Dental Space
www.dentalespace.com > Home > Forum‎
6 June 2008 - prescription sodium bicarbonate and oxygenated water.

""
1. | Posted on 06 June 2008, at 21: 55 by DrEsCroc Reply only to this post
Yes that's about it! We have to persist ... it will work out, patience, it must be the Mix of Keyes.
After applying it, it will be less "hard" ... continue diligently!
Dr. es Croc

Keyes Paste
-1c soup from H202 to 10 Vol.
-1c soup of NaHcO3
-1c with NaCl dessert (fine)
... and this is the last time! Laughing "" "

no comments!
Last edited by hic the 30 / 07 / 13, 18: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/07/13, 17:32

of course with oxygenated water from a pharmacy! which is at low concentration: 3% hydrogen peroxide

beware this figure is not comparable to the 130volume of the oxygenated water sold in drugstore, which means that a liter of oxygenated water can release 130 l, of oxygen

it will be necessary to make the calculation, to compare, but anyway the oxygenated water has 130 volume is not a clean product, even by diluting it correctly it should not be used for that
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Sodium bicarbonate (soda): tips, tricks, uses

by hic » 30/07/13, 19:24

Christophe wrote:Voila and you use it how your bicarbonate?

"" "" "" ""
airbrush removal without camouflage with bicarbonate

Baking Soda is an ecological abrasive, classified food, ideal for airbrushing of all delicate surfaces without altering the support.
Soluble and biodegradable, Bicarbonate of soda is eliminated by simple rinsing and does not pollute the environment.

Does not alter glass or rubber
Do not produce sparks
No risk of seizing
Degreasing of surfaces
Non-toxic product
Soluble with water

"" "" "" ""
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/08/13, 17:14

Cheap, the info:
http://livre.fnac.com/a4897718/Elodie-B ... icarbonate
Come on, I get off before being attacked by lesswatts
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/08/13, 23:40

lejustemilieu wrote:before being attacked by lesswatt

Well ... he has not even posted on this subject ... but we can discuss it too ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/13, 16:11

Other possible uses of bicarbonate: https://www.econologie.com/shop/bicarbon ... p-213.html

Chemistry is a fascinating world, not only from a scientific point of view but also from a practical point of view, quite applicable in our daily life.

There is a substance which, thanks to its chemical properties, is ready for any use, is useful on a daily basis, safe in its use and ecological: it is sodium hydrogencarbonate NaHCO3, better known under its name of bicarbonate. Soluble in water, little in alcohol, little abrasive, not very alkaline, non-combustible, so it acts like:

- A natural neutralizer. It is defined as "a buffer substance", able to maintain the pH of the solutions at 8; it can neutralize the acidity, as well as attacking your stomach that pipes your kitchen.

- A softening agent. Dissolved in water, the bicarbonate avoids the formation of calcareous encrustations and exerts a degreasing action, resulting in a less use of the soap.

- A leaven. If mixed with a product with acidic characteristics, such as milk, vinegar, lemon juice, or heated to a temperature of at least 70 °, the bicarbonate undergoes transformations, generating carbon dioxide, CO2, which is in turn absorbed by gluten. If you use it in the preparation of your pies and desserts, you will increase the volume.

- Anti-odor. The buffer effect mentioned above also generates a chemical contrast of odors from acidic or strongly basic substances: in some cases, it prevents their formation, in others it neutralizes them.

- Delicately abrasive. The bicarbonate crystals dissolve in water before damaging the surfaces.

The fields of application of bicarbonate are varied: dissolved in water, it is ideal for washing fruits and vegetables as well as surfaces in daily contact with food or for cleaning silverware. Put in an open box, it eliminates the odors of the refrigerator, the washbasin, the garage, the cellar, the storage room or even the cabinets of linen or better, those welcoming all your shoes. Spread directly on the surfaces, it revives the colors of rugs and carpets, deodorizes garbage cans and litters for cats, birds or small rodents. It can be added to the product of the dishwasher, increasing the efficiency of washing and avoiding the formation of limestone.

As you have just read, the possibilities of use are thus multiple. Here is one last one: add baking soda to the hot bath water. Your skin will regain its natural softness and you will also experience a delicious sensation of lightness and well-being. What else do you want?
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 10/08/13, 22:14

Hic wrote:
prescription of sodium bicarbonate and oxygenated water - Dental Space
www.dentalespace.com > Home > Forum‎
6 June 2008 - prescription sodium bicarbonate and oxygenated water.

Be careful, oxygenated water can be dangerous for whitening teeth. The products designed for this purpose are from elsewhere
to be withdrawn from the market immediately.

The teeth whitening products submitted more boxed
Published by Morgane SENOTIER
the 09 August 2013 to 13h06, updated on the 09 August 2013 to 14h14

HEALTH
From Friday, dental products used for tooth whitening will be framed more strictly. The component used in these devices is, in high concentration, dangerous for health.
Teeth whitening products will soon disappear from the shelves. The text appeared in the official journal on August 9 and this follows the publication, on July 9, of a decree of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health on "the suspension of the marketing of medical devices intended for to be used on the outer surface of the teeth ".

There are currently several devices for lightening the color of teeth, either for correcting "troublesome" coloring, or more and more for aesthetic reasons. These products are largely made on the basis of hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide) which has a strong oxidizing power making it possible to discolor the coloring substance. For these products to be used without danger and especially by non-professionals, the percentage of hydrogen peroxide must be between 0,1% and 6%. Beyond this concentration, "the products present risks of acute effects and, in the long term, of dental hypersensitivity, irritation of the mucous membranes, and deterioration of the enamel which can lead to premature wear of the skin. the tooth "publishes the OJ. Thus, the incriminated whitening products will no longer comply with cosmetic regulations as long as they do not comply with the concentration rates set by the Ministry of Health.

For devices with a hydrogen peroxide concentration greater than 6%, specific conditions of use must be observed. An appropriate clinical examination must be carried out beforehand in order to "guarantee the absence of risk factors or of a worrying oral pathology" specifies the decree. They can only be used by dental professionals or "under direct supervision if a level of safety is ensured". And only for people over 18 years old

source:
http://lci.tf1.fr/science/sante/les-pro ... 44435.html

The decree of the Official Journal of 9 August 2013:

ORF 0184 9 August 2013 page 13591
text number 12

DECISION
Decision of 9 July 2013 suspending the placing on the market, distribution, export, import, manufacture, holding for sale or distribution free of charge the use of products placed on the market under the status of medical devices intended to be used on the outer surface of the teeth for the purpose of whitening or lightening them, prohibiting these same activities for other such products and withdrawing them last

NOR: AFSM1300149S

By decision of the Director General of the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) dated 9 July 2013:
Considering, on the one hand, that Article L.5211-1 of the Public Health Code defines as medical device: "any instrument, apparatus, equipment, material, product, with the exception of products of human origin, or other article used alone or in combination (...) intended by the manufacturer for use in humans for medical purposes and the main intended action of which is not obtained by pharmacological or immunological means or by metabolism, but whose function may be assisted by such means (...) ";
Whereas, irrespective of the origin of a tooth stain, the appearance of stains on the teeth is not in itself a disease, as is recalled in point 6.2 of the Qualification Handbook in relation to the Community rules on medical devices (1.15 version [06-2013]) referred to above; that consequently the products intended to be used on the external face of the teeth with a view to whitening or lightening them having no medical purpose within the meaning of the above-mentioned article L. 5211-1, these products can not be qualified medical devices;
Considering, on the other hand, that meets the definition of a cosmetic product within the meaning of Article L.5131-1 of the Public Health Code any substance or mixture intended to be put in contact with the various surface parts of the product. human body, especially the teeth and oral mucosa, with a view exclusively or mainly to modify its appearance;
Whereas products placed on the market under the status of medical devices, intended for use on the outer surface of the teeth for the purpose of bleaching or lightening them, and containing or giving off hydrogen peroxide, comply with the definition of cosmetic product within the meaning of Article L. 5131-1 referred to above and that this qualification was retained in the 6.2 point of the aforementioned manual; whereas, as a result, these products are subject to all the provisions applicable to cosmetic products;
Considering in this respect that, on the one hand, the 2011 84 Council Directive 20 / 2011 / EU specifies that cosmetic products whitening or lightening teeth containing or having a concentration of hydrogen peroxide greater than 0,1 % and less than or equal to 6% may be considered safe if the following conditions are met: that an appropriate clinical examination is performed to ensure the absence of risk factors or oral pathology of concern, and that exposure to these products is limited to ensure that they are used exclusively for their intended purpose, in terms of frequency and duration of application; that, on the other hand, in application of the order of 24 August 2012 transposing the 2011 Council Directive 84 / 20 / EU aforementioned 2011 aforementioned, these cosmetic products must therefore respect the limitations, requirements and conditions of use and warnings to be included in the labeling; in this respect, in particular, they must be sold only to dental practitioners, and for each cycle of use their first use must be carried out by dental practitioners or under their direct supervision if a Equivalent level of security is assured, finally, they can not be used in children and adolescents under the age of 18;
Whereas, furthermore, it follows from the abovementioned 24 August 2012 order that the presence, in cosmetic products of whitening or brightening of teeth, of hydrogen peroxide (present or released) at a concentration greater than 6% is prohibited to the extent that these products present risks of acute and long-term increased effects such as in particular dentinal hypersensitivity, irritation of the mucous membranes, enamel damage that can lead to premature wear or to a weakening of the tooth and that they are therefore considered unsafe;
Whereas, therefore, products placed on the market under the status of medical devices, intended for use on the outer surface of the teeth for the purpose of bleaching or lightening them, and containing hydrogen peroxide (present or released ) are placed on the market in breach of the cosmetic regulations applicable to them, and in particular in breach of the provisions of the order of 24 August 2012 cited above,
the placing on the market, distribution, export, import, manufacture, holding for sale or distribution free of charge and the use of products placed on the market under the status of medical devices , for use on the outer surface of the teeth for bleaching or lightening, and having a hydrogen peroxide concentration (present or released) of greater than 0,1% and not more than 6%, are suspended until they are brought into compliance with the cosmetic regulations applicable to them.
The provisions shall enter into force within one month of the publication of this Decision in the Official Journal of the French Republic.
The placing on the market, distribution, export, import, manufacture, holding for sale or distribution free of charge and the use of products placed on the market under the status of medical devices , intended for use on the outer surface of teeth for bleaching or lightening, and in which the concentration of hydrogen peroxide (present or released) is greater than 6%, is prohibited.
Manufacturers, importers, placing on the market and distributors of these products must take all necessary measures, in particular with the holders of stock, to stop the distribution of these products wherever they are, and to proceed with their withdrawal without delay.

source:
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do;jsessionid=C9D26DB76FDDE106FBDEA4D64D20FA18.tpdjo17v_2?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000027822643&dateTexte=&oldAction=rechJO&categorieLien=id&idJO=JORFCONT000027822532
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"