Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/05, 18:24

Well, Skype is not really an eco-product but, economically, it's a super interesting thing. Here are some explanations ...

While the French majors of mobile telephony have just taken dirty fines and proved, by the same token, their shameful methods .... I cracked for a SkyPe account (even if there is no link between these 2 events : Lol: )

Indeed; I just subscribed for a SkyPe Premium account (SkypeIN and SkypeOUT) and as it is really exceptional as value for money I wanted to tell you about it because I still can't get over it ...

Skype was originally a completely free PC-to-PC phone program (which also allows you to chat)

For some time this program allows you to communicate from your PC to REAL telephone lines (landlines AND cell phones) for a ridiculous price defying all competition or 0,017 € per minute internationally on landline and 0.143 € on mobile phone (therefore cheaper than most French portable plans .... nationally!

There are 2 systems:

1) SkypeIN: which allows you to receive international calls (Europe, USA, Australia and China) billed to the person calling you € 0,017 / min. Cost: flat rate of € 3 excl.VAT per month. (commitment: 3 or 12 months)

2) SkypeOUT: it's the opposite, it's what allows you to call from your pc any landline and mobile phone for a cost of € 0,017 / min on landlines (soon I would tell you how much for the mobiles )

Pricing is done by a fixed sum paid into your SkyPe account, so never a bad surprise since and hidden costs. Especially since we have access to instant pricing!

The quality of communication is excellent (at least my line and my PC) as long as you have an internet line and a correct pc (less than 5 years of age for example)

In all cases, the PC to PC functionalities are completely free and the advantages of use are varied (videoconferences, discussion between several members, remote meeting, relative anonymity ...)

For more info: https://www.econologie.com/telephoner-mo ... -2241.html
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 12 / 07, 17: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Skype: the eco-phone

by Christine » 06/12/05, 21:06

econology wrote:I cracked for a SkyPe account

:?: Wouldn't you have rather cracked for a SkyPe account? If not...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 06/12/05, 21:18

Wouldn't you have rather cracked for a SkyPe account? If not..

Yeah oh it's average;) we won't change the scores, always:
Christine 1 - Christopher 0

:D :D :D

I laugh, I laugh but I should work anyway : roll:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 06/12/05, 22:04

No no, this is not a settling of scores. I'm just in a low mood tonight : Twisted:

Besides, go to bed, look. Hello crackers!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/05, 22:38

I like "tonight" ... well worth 1 point ca :)
: Evil: 8)
0 x
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billie » 07/12/05, 17:55

I saw that skype had been banned at CNRS and in Universities under the pretext that it is a potential "spyware" (free and attractive software but which sneaks at what you do with your PC) ...

to check ! Caution, caution ...

:?:
0 x
“We recognize happiness by the noise it makes when it leaves.” Jacques Prévert.
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/05, 18:54

Source??

: Shock: : Shock: in my opinion it is a legend ... because Skype is probably less spywaré than MSN and Windows ... Then my antispyware does not panic at all when I launch Skype ...

Excuses me I think that they are excuses not to lower the "output of the civil servants" ca ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 08/12/05, 10:31

In any case it is not the case in at least one CNRS laboratory, they have not heard of it. Fortunately, everything is not centralized like that, each laboratory has its type of network, its level of security, etc., it depends more on the network administrator or director. He may possibly have a council at the national level.

Otherwise in a European research center, they advise using Skype to reduce costs and make more virtual meetings.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 08/12/05, 11:24

: Oops: Big Mea Culpea!!! : Oops:

The use of Skype is not recommended at the CNRS: http://www.urec.cnrs.fr/rubrique216.html

The ban has not yet been implemented, hence the error. It is still only as a recommendation and it will depend on the level of confidentiality required.

It is well advised for the European network but it is much more informal, and we do not transmit critical data (at worst a good idea if it could happen;))

Here I will try to know more
0 x
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billie » 08/12/05, 11:28

: Oops:
I no longer find the source ... We find rather contrary info now! We don't care anyway there are so many ways to monitor us!
0 x
“We recognize happiness by the noise it makes when it leaves.” Jacques Prévert.

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"