Food waste, another example: fish

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Food waste, another example: fish

by netshaman » 04/06/12, 01:19

Come on hop!
13000 tons of fish thrown every year or feed to pigs!
And more!
Not to mention 560 000 tons of food in the trash by the chain of large distribution!
Nasty!
Seen today in seven to eight.
And do not tell me that it is the GMOs that will solve the hunger in the world!
: Evil:
I think I dream!

* the next one who tells me that, I'll know what to answer him now!

: Mrgreen:
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 04/06/12, 13:20

And it is not only food that is wasted.
How many tons of packaging, on-package to buy?
Just for Mother's Day.
How many tons of kerosene to bring all these flowers of Africa, finally in large part. How much is plastic to pack?
How many useless objects simply to reassure our ego?
I consume so I am!
0 x
Christophe

Re: Food wastage, another example: fish

by Christophe » 04/06/12, 17:49

netshaman wrote:And do not tell me that it is the GMOs that will solve the hunger in the world!
: Evil:
I think I dream!

Absolutely (I say regularly exactly the same thing on this forumit's the system that has to be changed ... The rest is lobbying ...

So sorry do not you dream ...

Very good Austrian documentary on the subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/we-feed-th ... t7414.html from 2005 ... already ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Food wastage, another example: fish

by bamboo » 05/06/12, 14:23

netshaman wrote:Not to mention 560 000 tons of food in the trash by the chain of large distribution!

It gives a good conscience to say that the large distribution "is really very mean (boo)", but the food thrown by the French themselves is 1.2 million tonnes, twice as much as the "bad guys".

http://www.vivez-nature.com/agriculture-biologique/alimentation-dechets-francais-gaspillage.html
http://ecocitoyens.ademe.fr/mes-dechets/stop-au-gaspillage-alimentaire/a-savoir
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/06/12, 15:01

That's 74g per day and French, and I do not know how they know how to distinguish peelings of oranges or other throws, real food ???

To evaluate, just look at the plates in the restaurant that leave full of food!

It is certain that quite a few of us do not scrape their plates carefully, leaving plenty of good food, even when they like it !!!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/06/12, 15:17

As for everything there are two sides on the medal!

For large distributions I can speak knowingly because since 23 years that I frequent them, he throw the food for a simple reason and it is not to have a continuation of food poisoning by donating these stale food .

Some do it anyway even if they expose themselves to this!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/06/12, 15:37

Alain G wrote:As for everything there are two sides on the medal!

For large distributions I can speak knowingly because since 23 years that I frequent them, he throw the food for a simple reason and it is not to have a continuation of food poisoning by donating these expired food .

Some do it anyway even if they expose themselves to this!

They also throw a lot for lack of appearance, sometimes the best fruits too walls, (instead of selling them cheaper,) or damaged packaging.

We are responsible to all of usbecause we look too much at the visible aspect and not the hidden reality, like pesticides and other junk far more harmful, than a fruit starting to rot, yet the best or a worm in an apple or a pear, much less dangerous that pesticides !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/06/12, 16:04

I can assure you Dede that it changes now!

At least here in Quebec!

Many chains are selling fruit and vegetables a little wasted and the organic product without pesticides sells very well and is not more expensive than the others, for meats and fish is a different thing because a little poisoning occur!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/06/12, 16:08

dedeleco wrote:
They also throw a lot for lack of appearance, sometimes the best fruits too walls, (instead of selling them cheaper,)

I gathered and sold fruit in a short cycle. We made crates of damaged and fallen or off-caliber market watches that we sold at a low price to make jams or simply for those who had a large family and who could thus have fresh fruit to consume quickly ... We brought almost everything in the trucks the next day When we gave them "in addition" or "on top of the market" the municipal employees challenged us because the people filled the bins with ..

I have a quince that is drunk under the weight of the fruits every year as I do not treat it they all have a little worm in nobody wants .. I have late yellow pechers along my fence, rather that to wait for the peaches to be ripe, the mornings are green to use projectiles, their parents (they too too keen to recognize a fruit not yet arrived at maturity) cakes they crunch in and throw them on the ground on the public way, can only see pick up and throw to the composter ... And yet what are they good in August ... But in August, these idiots, they are clementines they want to eat ...
The fishing they want in May ... pebbles 5 € kg
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/06/12, 16:33

We do not educate our children well !!

My son has a beautiful quince, full of quince in September, strictly without worm, bio naturally !!
200kilos about !!

the same are sold 3 5 € the kilo Biocoop !!

and with his wife my son does not like quince !!

I made with an armada of jams by pots of 3 at 4 HUGE kilos!

My son in one year he only eats 2 small pots of a kilo !!

Me, with my other son I eat the rest, full of energy in the ribs !!

The fishing, I pampered them and if I saw their destruction, I would ceaselessly cats!
They are so much better, mature on the tree!

I would put an electric fence in front !!

Against worms and birds, I wrap fruits, pears, figs, apricots, in bags a month before!

It would be necessary to organize excursions for the kids, to make them eat the wild fruits, cherries of cherries, blackberries, abandoned apple trees, etc ..
0 x