Since yesterday, I have no car

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Since yesterday, I have no car

by phil53 » 31/03/12, 17:14

That will not change much in the world but having enough to participate in the caps in the morning on the rider Nantais, I decided to ride the electric bike.
By car I was doing 50kms a day by bike I will make 28. Normally my journey time will be more stable around 2 times 40-45mn estimated (because currently I do it in classic bike in 1h + or month 10mn according to the pace).
And also less stress, plugs it annoys and sometimes when there is none I get 20 25 too early to work.
In addition to polluting less I should save about 1200 € per year, probably a minimum. I only count the fuel and the insurance less, not the repairs and the technical control.

It does not matter much, but I wanted to share that with people who understand. At work I find myself rather offbeat .....
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/12, 17:54

Pretty and very good for healthwithout electricity even more ??

By car I was doing 50kms a day by bike I will make 28. Normally my journey time will be more stable around 2 times 40-45mn estimated (because currently I do it in classic bike in 1h + or month 10mn according to the pace).

28km in 1h and more in classic bike, seems slow, except coasts, serious, (Nantes is not very mountainous ???) because without assistance, trained sportsman, we go faster, without obstacles, nor too much traffic jams , where the electric bike is as secure as the classic, unless you take risks between cars ????

An almost 2 ratio of distance between car and bike !!

For my work, I had an 6 distance report between car (and traffic jam) and on foot in the forest (with natural beds of hyacinths of fragrant blue woods at the moment), or mountain bike (cycling the bike on a staircase!), well before retirement !!
I continue to coast for the form, 3 times, running !!

What always puzzled me were coworkers, pretty much like me, never coming on foot, always driving, never exercising, to the point where they died !!
I found that on foot, without running, I went faster, seeing them leave and arrive after me, car racing!

A little offbeat, even on econology, www.dlsc.ca to copy, I'm still alive, able to run in the ribs !!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/03/12, 18:32

Very nice decision, bravo.

Not within everyone's reach, unfortunately: you have to be at a reasonable distance from a shopping center, public transport, do not have children to pick up at school and take to the dance, music lessons, etc.

And vacations ?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/12, 20:11

You can also go by bike faster than the car in traffic jams and keep a car that rarely rolls, except for traffic jams!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Since yesterday, I have no car

by bamboo » 02/04/12, 15:14

phil53 wrote:I decided to ride by electric bike.

Well done Phil, nice decision! 8)

For my part, I also ride a bike when I do not have my son to take. But I have much less merit than you because my trip is much shorter (report 10!).

phil53 wrote:It does not matter much, but I wanted to share that with people who understand. At work I find myself rather offbeat .....

On the contrary, it has a great interest: you save on stress, money, CO2!
Someone who, at the turn of a google search, reads your savings calculation may be aware and change, in turn, his mode of travel.

On the other hand, dedé, I find you very insolent : Evil: :
dedeleco wrote:28km in 1h and more in classic bike, seems slow

1) It's not that slow: it's even faster than most people do (I do not mean people who only know the bike in gyms, with no aerodynamic problems).
2) It's not because you're so sporty that everyone is.
3) Everyone can not afford to get sweaty at work.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/04/12, 15:32

Welcome to the club, and congratulations phil53! 8)

You will be able to develop your conditions and make you mini-challenge (like trying to nibble a few minutes every week on the course, it's very fun ... just beware of his fucking urban motorists! : Evil:

28km / h is on the contrary an excellent speed, for my part I know that Lyon saw the road traffic keep 28 average demand really a lot of effort (40 peak), given the lights, cars, pedestrians hens etc. ... already driving at 20 is good, because you have to think about his safety.
Another argument: €€€€€€!

Dedelco wrote:

28km in 1h and more in classic bike, seems slow, except coasts, serious, (Nantes is not very mountainous ???)

In the category, I fart, I would dedicate!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/04/12, 15:42

We must demand as much bike-road without traffic lights as highways, passing other than long polluted highways!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 02/04/12, 15:52

sen-no-sen wrote:Dedelco wrote:

28km in 1h and more in classic bike, seems slow, except coasts, serious, (Nantes is not very mountainous ???)

In the category, I fart, I would dedicate!

I understood ! : Idea:
In fact, dedé is the pseudo Viren-que! : Cheesy:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 02/04/12, 15:53

Nice and very good for health

It depends, if you have to breathe the exhaust of other cars bottled, it must not be so good that at first sight ... : Evil:
I hope you go where there is the least!
: Idea:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/04/12, 15:54

In the meantime..It must be done without veloroute ... 28km / h with a bike when arriving at the taf in the state of taffer it is almost the feat ... Finally for me who have a bad heart .. after 10km ..

In any case bravo..Car Nantes contrary to what Dedelco believes it is not so flat that ca ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"