Vegetables, eat cabbage! Anti oxidant, anti cancer ...

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Vegetables, eat cabbage! Anti oxidant, anti cancer ...

by Christophe » 26/04/11, 12:09

Most of us have probably noticed that a cabbage (I'm talking about white cabbage for the moment) keeps spectacularly!

Put under the same conditions most of the other vegetables from our regions and they will be rotten before the cabbage is no longer edible!

For some time now, I regularly eat it raw in salads (or colsaw) by "peeling" it as you go! A cabbage holds at room temperature (and even "more", at the moment it is between 25 and 30 ° C in the kitchen) and in the sun, for weeks without problem!

White cabbage must therefore naturally contain fairly powerful antioxidants. What are they?

Also quite recent studies have also shown that its sauerkraut variant is an excellent anti cancer (colon for starters but the rest may be too). The raw or cooked cabbage must also be also right?

To summarize, cabbage seems to me to be one of the most econological vegetables and an effective food because:
a) it keeps spectacularly (no cold, no product a priori) = very little waste
b) it is dense = space saving / energy in transport
c) generally fairly local production (see the need for fertilizers and pesticides?)
d) it is good for health

In short, this subject aims to shed some light (via links and studies ...) on this vegetable which seems excellent for my health ... and ultimately very little known for its medicinal green (we know it more for the aerophagia it causes ...)

ps: the red cabbage seems to me a little less effective level held in the long term right?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/04/11, 13:13

Arf, what has been found is completely true, but also true for quantities of other foods that can be stored for a long time, such as leeks and other onions, sage, peppers to pepper, grapefruit and especially their seeds , or even other foods that taste bitter ... etc ...

We can even say all! But there is no point in waiting !!!

Certainly and above all, those which are fresh and freshly picked offer the best of their protection "That we inherit"! Because the skin of fruits and vegetables contains a natural toxin beneficial for us (whose formula is variable), and which serves as an antiseptic preservative. But the vitamin C that cabbage contains but that we find elsewhere, plays a similar role.

As for this protective substance, research is needed, we have already talked about it here. But it must above all be remembered that consuming cabbage and only that in thinking that it will be enough, is a mistake. Because it will not reduce our other shortcomings!

The best deacidifiers, are the roots (starting with potatoes, carrots, beetroot etc) it is the acidity in the body which is the worst evil in oxidative stress, right?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/04/11, 14:42

Eat raw or undercooked carrots, salads, also with anticancer medication, and antifungals !!

Get some exercise (200m drop in altitude running or pedaling hard each day) and a calorie restriction of 30% below satiety are also very effective and essential !!
Not too much meat, cold meats, sugar, syrups, industrial junk food !!
Go in the sun enough, vitamin D

These vegetables keep for a long time before reproducing or restarting and therefore have developed effective methods to resist the microorganisms that attack them, which is also good for our health !!

A cabbage core or Broccoli put in the ground restarts a whole cabbage and is kept in perpetuity (cuttings) !!!

Put the numerous scientific references because more credible with real conditions !!!

It is better because there are errors otherwise, like spinach and their imaginary iron with a recopy error !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/13, 19:15

List of some of the most and least carcinogenic foods:

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/01/13, 19:36

Janic will like it ... : Cheesy:

On the whole I agree, although it would be better to respect a good mix in the right column ... Deficiencies are not excluded if you eat for a long time haphazardly ....
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/01/13, 20:17

Janic will like it ...

Inevitably! : Cheesy:
On the whole I agree, although it would be better to respect a good mix in the right column ... Deficiencies are not excluded if you eat for a long time haphazardly ....
Again and again these supposed or real deficiencies! : Evil:
Deficiencies are linked to several factors including one of the main ones: poor food quality and its industrial transformation which destroys the vital elements generating deficiencies.
So prefer organic food, little or not processed.
The second factor: poor processing and assimilation due to poor mixtures, antiphysiological products (tobacco, alcohol, drugs and all chemicals)
Favor a mainly vegetable (or even totally) raw diet at least 50% and a lifestyle reducing daily stress.
From there the deficiencies are almost nonexistent and the cancer without taking on the body and not only with the few plants highlighted above.
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Especially the cabbage soup

by fabio.gel » 06/01/13, 21:24

I love cabbage however when I eat the ozone layer take a hit : Mrgreen:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc3g60 ... shortfilms
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/01/13, 22:47

Thank you for the link.

Janic wrote:
Janic will like it ...

Inevitably! : Cheesy: .

: Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

: Lol:

For everything else I agree, what progress in pedagogy says see ...

Image (Happy New Year 2013)

Note it is better to non-organic well chosen with majority of fruits and vegetables, than badly chosen and "organic" (there are plenty of organic in Mac Do ... and not frankly "anticancer")
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/01/13, 23:07

we know that a cabbage is a cabbage

it makes me think of the cry of the fisherman the fall in the woods

cabbage ... cabbage .... it's chinister
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/01/13, 07:23

Very good subject,
For my part, I've been making my sauerkraut myself for years. (nothing to do with industry)
Here is a link that explains everything from A to Z.
http://www.leblogadupdup.org/2010/01/18 ... houcroute/
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"