CO2 sequestration: the forests !!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Schuller
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

CO2 sequestration: the forests !!

by Schuller » 09/03/08, 16:49

Hello everyone, I am a student and I am working on a project on the sequestration of CO2. Naturally, I am interested in bio sequestration and compensation mechanisms by plantations.

But I have a hard time finding quantitative info !!
I need to know the exact amount of CO2 sequestered according to the type of forest, the maturity of the forest, etc.

I have plenty of qualitative data but nothing very specific ...
Someone would have a site that lists this type of information?

Thank you in advance !!!!
0 x
lily
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

some tracks

by lily » 13/03/08, 23:28

Hello,

I do not know if such information is readily available ...
But within the framework of the "CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) projects", the proposed projects must assess the quantity of carbon stored by the implementation of the project compared to what would have happened if the management of the territory had not changed. . This information is therefore available in the PDDs (Project Design Documents) which present these projects before their validation ... I think that some PDDs can be downloaded from the World Bank website .. You will have to find the projects yourself. relate to your study to find information on the types of forests that interest you. Otherwise, for all that is carbon credits ... there are a lot of sites, here are a few (the most famous, official and reliable ... as far as I know!)

www.missioneco.org/publications/pg_kyoto.htm

cdm.unfccc.int

www.carbonfinance.org
0 x
Discouraged, helpless, but not desperate and always combative!
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/08, 09:19

Schuller wrote:I need to know the exact amount of CO2 sequestered according to the type of forest, the maturity of the forest, etc.

By and large for our European drills it is 1 CO2 ton for 1 m3 of wood. It is an order of magnitude easy to remember.

Knowing the rate of growth of a forest per hectare, so you get very easily the capture potential .... which is ridiculous ...

Schuller wrote:I have a lot of qualitative data but nothing very specific ... Someone would have a site that lists this type of information?

What are you looking at?

If not my opinion on the question: carbon traps via drills are a notorious escrologie... because after a while the forest rejects more CO2 equivalent than it captures ... Forests are not at all the "lung" of the earth ... It is an invention of ecolopipos.

The lungs of Earth are OCEANS via microalgae.

Speaking of escrology, the burial / capture of carbon (beaver project for example: https://www.econologie.com/capture-du-co ... -2730.html ) is one too.

Other solutions exist however, I give you 2:

a) miscanthus, a catch record of CO2 per hectare for a terrestrial plant: https://www.econologie.com/informations- ... -3431.html
The annual energy yield is 5 at 10 times greater than a forest, that is, miscanthus creates 10 times faster of carbonaceous dry matter than a forest.

(b) microalgae, even better at the level of yield per ha, whether in terms of CO2 capture or energy efficiency. But harder to implement than miscanthus: https://www.econologie.com/biocarburant- ... -3388.html
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."