Are you Sarko compatible? By JM Jancovici

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Are you Sarko compatible? By JM Jancovici

by Christophe » 03/12/07, 13:56

Janco's last mailing:

Dear friends, colleagues, and other individuals who have had the misfortune to cross my path one day (Le Monde dixit, huh!)

You will have noticed: no more a day without a new test to find out if you are greener than the neighbor, or without a questionnaire asking if you care about the planet (ours of course, Uranus everyone cares. ..). It even seems that the green gesture is the latest cry of seduction, sinking lingerie and suggestive glances, and even going so far as to make people forget the love handles of the person who performs it.

If we marry this fashion and the closing presidential speech of the Grenelle de l'Environnement held recently, it therefore seems obvious to me that the game that will be all the rage next summer to flirt on the beach will be called: "are you sarko-compatible? ".

This very simple test game will be based on a few questions that are just as simple:

1 - can you summarize in 20 pages and in 3 hours the latest IPCC report?
- Yes: you save 100 tonnes of CO2 and a small chance that the
president invites you to the next 100% organic garden party,
- better than Allègre but worse than Jean Jouzel: you earn 5
tonnes of carbon but wait 3 years to emit them,
- not at all but I'm ready to take care of myself: go quickly on
www.climat.manicore.com, where a large part of the pages were
updated last summer on the basis of the latest IPCC report,
precisely (yes, I know, I could have warned you before, but that
do you want everything to happen since i now have clients). The list
pages updated with the date can be found on http://www.manicore.com/actualites.html

2 - Is Allegre a credible character when he talks about climate change?
- yes: you lose 500 tonnes of CO2 and have to memorize this: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/s ... erite.html
- maybe: you lose 10 tonnes of CO2 and always have to memorize this:
http://www.manicore.com/documentation/s ... erite.html
- did you lost your mind ? : you touch 20 tonnes of CO2, gain a 1% chance of having the nobel peace prize in 2078, and are shortlisted for the next Segolène Royal campaign.

3 - Is Sarkozy right to ask Attali to boost growth and Borloo to preserve the planet at the same time?
- we will do both together without problem, it's a piece of cake: you lose 20 tonnes of CO2 and must summarize this for next Monday: http://www.x-environnement.org/jr/JR07/8jmj.htm
- it is discussed ....: you win the right to write to Arlette Chabot
to organize a debate between the two, and you can always consult http://www.x-environnement.org/jr/JR07/8jmj.htm
- it's fucked up, it's obvious: buy land in Norway and a
reindeer droppings yurt, and wait for the apocalypse.

4 - Is our president right to have rallied - timidly for the
moment - carbon tax?
- tax what? : you lose 43,8 tonnes of CO2 and are asked to buy this to put it in the toilet:
www.manicore.com/documentation/articles/pleinSVP.html
- maybe: you gain 5 tonnes of CO2 and need to urgently return to the toilet, where there is no doubt that you have already put the aforementioned book,
- but yes, it was time! : you save 100 tonnes of CO2 and
perhaps the right to go to Copenhage (by train) for the 2008 meeting of the climate convention (the continuation, in a year, of that which starts in Bali tomorrow)

5 - Do you know your complete personal carbon footprint (with
food, clothing and computer purchases, phone bill and lipstick for these ladies)?
- Yes and it is less than 0,5 tonnes of carbon per year: you are
shortlisted for the next Miss or Mister France election, and you gain 1 m2 of real ice floe to put in your freezer as long as there are some left,
- no and I don't care: go straight to hell without going through the
square one, no but,
- I have no idea but I am ready to treat myself: then, and
it's best for last, this is for you: http://www.bilancarbonepersonnel.org

This first complete personal carbon footprint calculator in the world or almost (anyway we French people readily consider that the world stops at the borders of France, and there it is sure that it is true!), online for a few months now, is now reliable enough to be recommended without hesitation (no more bugs!) to anyone who can no longer not know how much he / she emits. As much to warn you: point of compensation (or neutrality, each term
being a nice intellectual scam most of the time) out: just a nice graphic and lots of questions.

Haven't you seen yet? Rush! Have you seen?
Take it back a little, it's so good for seduction, I tell you ....

http://www.bilancarbonepersonnel.org, carbon within reach of all budgets!

Best regards to all

Jean-Marc Jancovici
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/02/09, 14:02

http://forums.nouvelobs.com/politique/g ... 22971.html

This is not going to fall on deaf ears, but on that of a great manipulator of the muddle, who heads France.

Carbon tax ? OK to replace the business tax ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/02/09, 14:23

gegyx wrote:
Carbon tax ? OK to replace the business tax ...

: Mrgreen:

And once again a small circle: a tax paid by the only companies replaced by a tax that consumers (a lot ???) and businesses (a little ???) would pay.

This will of course depend on the base of the carbon tax: fuels ???

I am in favor of the carbon tax, at constant tax pressure on households .

There Sarko takes up the idea of ​​constant tax pressure, but not for households!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/09, 14:32

The carbon tax applied nationally or even at EU level is bullshit. If CO2 must be taxed it is at the global level (and indirectly it is already via the quotation of an oil whose price is high ...)

Apply a local carbon tax: there would be no worse way to limit the competitiveness of French companies, many of which are already struggling to be so, and on a global level it would serve almost nothing!

And use level? What to do with this carbon tax? Pay for new highways?

Finally, I would remind you that there are already eco-taxes on energy consumption (X cents per MWh consumed) for manufacturers ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/02/09, 14:36

Me, what bothers me more, is that he came up with the idea of ​​replacing the professional tax with a carbon tax (which some environmentalists claim).
But especially only for France.

Imagine in a while, if the European Union decides to create a carbon tax for Europe ...

What will we do then in France? We will pay 2?
One for a good cause and the other to lighten the burden on employers!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/09, 19:11

That's exactly what I say: a carbon tax yes, but for ALL the planet!
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 19:55

My opinion: it should stop a little JMJ with the supreme reference of X (Polytechnique). The people of X have a brain identical to that of other humans. He needs this serious image of X to get his message across, we understand, but he does too much. It is not because he did X that his diminishing ideas are de facto better than others.

In his speeches where he never fails to despise wind power with outdated arguments, he must always refer to super mathematical theorems, bounded integral theorem and other stuff that throws at the poor guy who has not done mathematics.

Nicolas Sarkozy is it right to ask Attali to boost growth and Borloo to preserve the planet at the same time?

But of course he's right. And that's exactly what Barack Obama is doing in the USA: "There is no contradiction between economic growth and robust ecological practices"We need tremendous growth in renewable energies and clean transport if we are to get out of oil.

Let’s free green growth.

Degrowth ideologues like WYD are useful in raising awareness of the danger of resting our entire economy on fossils. But when they forget, locked in their ideology (ideology in the sense system of ideas, not in a pejorative sense), to take into account the potential of renewable energies, they become harmful because it is urgent to set up a Clean Economy (if we do not do so we will sink into chaos) and the rhetoric that aims to ridicule renewable energy is not only unfounded but dangerous in this context.

Nathalie Kosciuscko-Morizet (she too did X, but that's not why her ideas are, de facto, better than others):

"The response of the decreasing is backward, radical and tinged with ideology."

"I do not believe in the theses of degrowth, they are counterproductive, but I think that the cleavage exists between those who seek solutions and those who take postures."

"I do not believe that we will get by with less growth, but rather with a positive economy. The markets of tomorrow will depend on green growth. And it is the nations which are mobilized, developing projects which will be the winners tomorrow. I am personally suspicious of reactionary behavior. The environment must not only constitute a limit, a constraint, but become a driver of competitiveness and dreams ... "

Finally, the marketing title "Are you Sarko-compatible?", I find it not good because it targets one person, Nicolas Sarkozy; it is very trend today to seduce people of a certain "left" to attack the person of NS rather than to build and propose ideas, new models, solutions (there are people who also sold voodoo dolls with which all hateful and frustrated people can have fun); I find that deeply wrong.
Last edited by Elec the 16 / 02 / 09, 22: 31, 11 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/02/09, 20:11

Jancovici is very good.

I would still blame him for his sympathy for nuclear power, and the little communication he does on the colossal potential in thermodynamic solar.

Nevertheless, and in general, I highly value his analyzes.
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 20:12

Remundo wrote:Jancovici is very good.
My opinion: he is very good only when he talks about Peak Oil.

When he talks about renewable energies, he is not good (he does not take into account recent technologies and concepts, he camped on outdated analyzes).

It is he who is behind the decreasing philosophy of Nicolas Hulot. It is also he who is at the origin of the phony analyzes that circulate against wind power. He played a considerable influencing role in France.
Last edited by Elec the 16 / 02 / 09, 20: 34, 3 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/02/09, 20:19

It is an exaggeration, but not completely false.

Fortunately, Elec, you are there to restore the right balance. :P
0 x