Renault Sandero: the new Logan 5 doors? (Déconologie)

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Renault Sandero: the new Logan 5 doors? (Déconologie)

by Christophe » 11/09/07, 13:20

We do not change a recipe (financial in this case) that works ... here is the new car "LowCost" (therefore "HighPollution") from Renault:

Renault is preparing to launch, at the end of the year, a new economy sedan entirely designed in Brazil called "Sandero".

The Sandero, a compact four-door body, can accommodate five people. Robust and modern in design, it is designed to run on roads in poor condition. The Sandero will be offered with different engines -essence, diesel or biofuel (petrol-ethanol) (Christophe's note: only positive point) - according to the markets.

It will be marketed in Brazil and Argentina from December.

"The Sandero is the first Renault whose DNA is entirely Brazilian," said Renault do Brasil President Jérôme Stoll in Sao Paulo. It is the group's first car to be produced outside of Europe.

The Sandero will be developed on the platform of the cheap car Logan in the factory of Sao Jose dos Pinhais.

"We want to develop the same logic of accessibility, especially in terms of price, as for the Logan," Renault told AFP.

Between January and August, Renault saw its sales increase by eight points more than those of the Brazilian car market. The registrations of the French manufacturer climbed from 35% to reach 43.532 units. Sales are boosted by Logan whose sales target, initially placed at 1.500 units per month, has been changed to 3000.

In total, Renault is banking on the sale of 73 000 cars in 2007 and hopes to double in 2009 its registrations compared to 2006, 106 000 units.
0 x
Shai'ullud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Shai'ullud » 02/10/07, 22:17

We do something new with old things!

it's funny how Renault is able to make cars that run on ethanol in its factories in Brazil (80% of their sales last year) and that we have to wait for the year 3012 : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/07, 22:52

Astonishing indeed, and it's not new:

Renault has just presented its "Clio Hi-Flex" at the Sao Paulo Motor Show (2005).

https://www.econologie.com/bioethanol-te ... s-563.html

ps: very very well your avatar !! I feel we will hear all 2 ... 8)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/10/07, 08:39

very good: "we" develop cars for the poor and us as long as we can pay the others ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Renault Sandero: the new Logan 5 doors? (déconologi

by agukha » 11/10/07, 13:08

Christophe wrote:We do not change a recipe (financial in this case) that works ... here is the new car "LowCost" (therefore "HighPollution") from Renault:

Why does "LowCost" automatically mean more pollution?
It could even be the other way around, we use components already developed, simple technologies that have proven themselves, we refuse unnecessary and heavy gadgets (therefore which consume more) which "do well", etc.
Besides, isn't ecology fond of this behavior: using what you have to the maximum, not buying trendy "gadgets"?

Finally it is not bound necessarily in this sense either, but it seems rather to go in the direction that the opposite I find.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/10/07, 13:29

agukha wrote:Why does "LowCost" automatically mean more pollution?

Ben small reverse example, if all the cars were at 30 000 €:

a) there would be less bcp circulating ... there probably would not 3 or 4 per household as is often the case now ...

b) we would keep them bcp longer ...

a) + b) = less pollution ...

In addition the logan is a car of outdated technology of 10 years ... its data sheet gives a conso of 10L / 100 in town ... and yet it is a new car ...

See: https://www.econologie.com/caracteristiq ... nt-82.html
0 x
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 11/10/07, 13:39

Christophe wrote:Ben small reverse example, if all the cars were at 30 000 €:

a) there would be less bcp circulating ... there probably would not 3 or 4 per household as is often the case now ...

b) we would keep them bcp longer ...

a) + b) = less pollution ...

In addition the logan is a car of outdated technology of 10 years ... its data sheet gives a conso of 10L / 100 in town ... and yet it is a new car ...

See: https://www.econologie.com/caracteristiq ... nt-82.html

a) the price drops with the age of the car, everyone would have more or less old cars and more or less well maintained, I do not think that would change enormously, but hey, we can not know.
And well ... make a basic rule that says that only the rich can do what they want, it's still not very nice for the poor salops (already that when you're rich we naturally have more than facilitated to become more ...)

b) many people spend their time changing cars every 2 years, to have a newer, to have one with the latest gadgets, etc., just resell it and buy another, I do not do not see how that would change ..!

She consumes more, ok for that.
0 x
ptrem
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Logan consomation

by ptrem » 06/11/07, 09:40

I bought a Logan (dacia) .The only option: turbo.
With a full load of 52 l diesel I make 1200 kms on the road, driving cool.minimum braking and acceleration.
Logan is designed for difficult road networks; moreover eg in Romania the buyer has little means for maintenance, so robust car.
Ditto for Morocco or Renault will produce Logan.
Regards
0 x
we know how to produce plasma; the problem is to make the box to contain it.
the expert engineers to make this box have 100% chances of being hired to cadarache.
According to a senior CEA leader, the energy of the future is hydrogen produced with electricity. But the problem is still to contain it.
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/11/07, 17:54

Hello ptrem

It's honest 4.33 liters at a hundred kilometers for a car of this price. There are plenty of other more expensive recent cars that are not doing as well. : Shock:

For pollution, how is it?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ptrem
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

logan co² (g / km)

by ptrem » 07/11/07, 10:19

For pollution, how is it?
A+

>>>
co² (g / km) Diesel: 125g
For petrol engines according to cv: 166g and 175g.
Regards
0 x
we know how to produce plasma; the problem is to make the box to contain it.

the expert engineers to make this box have 100% chances of being hired to cadarache.

According to a senior CEA leader, the energy of the future is hydrogen produced with electricity. But the problem is still to contain it.

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."