Carbon tax

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sylvain78
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Carbon tax

by sylvain78 » 02/02/07, 19:49

Hello,

Sorry, but I would like to know a site for the "Carbon Tax" because I cannot find one. In French if possible ...

Thank you all
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Carbon tax

by Woodcutter » 03/02/07, 02:52

sylvain78 wrote:Hello,

Sorry, but I would like to know a site for the "Carbon Tax" because I cannot find one. In French if possible ...

Thank you all
You don't have to be sorry to seek information ... : Wink:

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, but nevertheless, I can offer you this:
- http://www.actioncarbone.org/main_fr.php
- http://www.climatmundi.fr/
- http://www.co2solidaire.org/

that's all i have in stock ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
sylvain78
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sylvain78 » 03/02/07, 10:00

Thanks the first site that's exactly what I'm looking for

Thank you again
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 03/02/07, 11:01

Besides, looking at one of its sites, I was particularly interested in biogas factories in France, factories reprocessing the decomposition of waste to recover gas, among other methane ... It is distressing ! We are on the street full, compared to the neighboring countries of Europe.

Development of plants reprocessing waste. Creation of vehicles running on biogas ...
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 03/02/07, 11:08

Ah I forgot ...

With us to be able to develop this type of business or to change the energies, we need new taxes !! Carbon tax, tax this, tax that ... provider tax for television broadcasting among Internet users. Y''s fed up with taxes !! Especially since they are one of the indirect causes of the increase in prices ...

All this, in addition, to finance the majority of companies that will be private and not for research to improve current energies!

Grrrrr : Evil:
0 x
nanou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nanou13 » 24/03/07, 19:35

Hi,

I am a student and I attend courses on environmental economics.
However, I don't really understand what the carbon tax is ...
will energy imports be taxed? will there be compensation for this tax (for example a reduction in social security contributions)
I admit that I can not understand exactly what this tax represents, yet I have read a lot of articles on this subject but despite that I still have questions.

Thank you for your answers!
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 24/03/07, 20:00

Did you go to N. Hulot's site ?!

In fact, the carbon tax is a tax that will be payable by anyone using energy that releases carbon compounds, such as CO2, for example.
Thus, the aim is to tax people who use, for example, all petroleum-derived compounds in order to finance so-called future ecology to offset the increase in CO2 production. If you use a car, for example, you will see an increase in the cost price of your fuel because it will be taxed in addition to the usual price. Same thing for fuel oil, diesel ... Plastics, I don't know ?! detergents, I don't know ?!
Its purpose is also to ensure that, given the gradual increase in this tax over time, owners of vehicles use it less.
However, they do not say exactly what the tax will be used for. What will it finance ?!

If there are errors in my understanding of the carbon tax, I am sure that some will correct it ... : Wink:
0 x
nanou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nanou13 » 24/03/07, 20:09

Yes I went to N. Hulot's website and I read his proposal on the carbon tax in his ecological pact
I also went to the site of JM Jancovici which is the basis of this idea of ​​tax.

In fact I am doing a memoir, and I must have a critical analysis on this tax, show the advantages but also the disadvantages. This is not obvious!

Anyway thank you for your reply.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 24/03/07, 21:41

My analysis is very objective ?! no?!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
nanou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nanou13 » 25/03/07, 10:43

But yes :D !

I have another question : Cheesy:
do you think that the carbon tax will replace the TIPP that there is currently on oil ect ...?
0 x