Question about lighting

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Question about lighting

by Charlotte » 17/10/06, 14:49

At my place of work, the toilets are lit with neon lights and economic bulbs. The question is to extinguish the light coming out is debate, with on one side those who say that a neon consumes a lot of ignition and soon after, on the other side those who turn off the light punkt-schluss.

For the moment, I have an engineer and a physicist in the camp of the leave-on and many good people in the other.

What do expert econologists think? Who is right ?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/10/06, 15:08

For this you have to know precisely the material we are talking about:
- brand, technology, power ...

And if possible, test it (with a PM230 on sale at the econology shop).:D

In neon lights, the ignition system qualifies the performance and quality of the equipment:

- Ballast + starter = basic material with poor support
repeated ignitions and greedy on ignition. :?

- Electronic start circuit = comfort (quick start),
power (efficient and economical) and reliability (in principle). 8)

The quality of the tube is (a little) secondary.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 17/10/06, 15:40

You have to see how much you are, because a toilet, it was quick to see a lot of people in one afternoon, so it quickly not worth the shot to extinguish between each person.

On the other hand I noticed in my lab, that suddenly it tends to stay on all night and it is teasing. As a result, I systematically shut down at the end of the afternoon, sometimes no longer after that. For the same corridors. It would take a general interrupter for the last one to come out.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/06, 18:14

Fluorescent bulbs (cheap 1er generation) are reputed not to like on / off too common (well no more than the classic bulb I guess) ...

For neon I do not know too much but I guess they have the same defect and it may be overconsumption from the balast (condo to change a recent post delnoram about this)

In your case .... a led bulb (no sensitivity to ignition off, 25 years of "theoretical" lifespan and same light output as fluorescent lamps, see slightly better ... finally for the best models ... some is the complete catamaran) could perhaps be suitable ...

So say that it falls well we have just returned to the shop ... we will insert them in the evening ... Attention it is Chinese stuff but still good quality ...

Conso and verified yield on the forum : https://www.econologie.com/forums/ampoules-a ... 18-51.html
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/10/06, 18:42

Christophe wrote:Fluorescent bulbs (cheap 1er generation) are reputed not to like on / off too common (well no more than the classic bulb I guess) ...

For neon I do not know too much but I guess they have the same defect and it may be overconsumption from the balast (condo to change a recent post delnoram about this)

Fluorescent bulbs and "neons" have the same weakness as conventional bulbs, the filament which in the first 2 cases is only used for heating the lamp on ignition.
the "neons" are more (when they are not equipped with an electronic "ballast") a problem of wear of the starter.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Charlotte » 18/10/06, 12:05

Conclusion, it depends on the neon.

Thank you for your answers! :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/06, 13:02

FYI, the LED bulbs are available on the shop:

Cold white light pattern

Hot amber light pattern
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 26/10/06, 22:37

Bonsoir.

Duits that 60W classic bulbs lit 1 / 2 time per day (60x.5 = 30W.h) consume less than 11W compact fluorescents lit 8 hours per day (11x8 = 88W.h). As cycles on / off damaging neon and fluocompact, in my opinion, it's not a good idea to put in a toilet.
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.