China-US agreements on cans CO2

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

China-US agreements on cans CO2

by Ahmed » 13/11/14, 21:14

I am astonished that no one comments on the recent agreements on the "limitation" of the emission of greenhouse gases by the two principal polluters and givers of lessons of the planet?

Some are wondering about the origin of the sound of a kettle, I think the subject of this meeting deserves some lines ...
What do you think?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: China-USA cheat agreements on CO2

by moinsdewatt » 13/11/14, 22:02

for China, it is the long term:

.... China, the country that produces the most gaseous pollutants, has set the target of a peak of its greenhouse gas emissions "around 2030", with the intention "to try to get there sooner ", .....

read here: http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 45#p367245
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/11/14, 22:06

... in other words, China is committed to increase its GHG emissions until a date far enough away that the leaders in place ... are no longer so! : Mrgreen:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 13/11/14, 22:15

Do not forget that in all our products imported from China there is the associated CO2 footprint .......
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/11/14, 22:32

Ahmed wrote:... in other words, China is committed to increase its GHG emissions until a date far enough away that the leaders in place ... are no longer so! : Mrgreen:

That's about it indeed ...
Anyway 28% reduction of GHG compared to the emission level of 2005 is so to speak ... nothing.
For reference, it would take a level of emission equal to that of the 50 years to stop this phenomenon, in view of the IPCC projections.
In addition, there is no evidence to support such a reduction in GHGs, given the viral development of unconventional gas wells.
Pipolitics!
Yes, good news (!) Sarkozy returns to politics and if he is elected he is also committed to lifting the ban on shale gas in France!
Allegre will be happy!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/11/14, 22:48

@ Moinsdewatt: certainly! The difference between China and the US is that the first is, in large part, an outsourcing of our GHG emissions ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: China-USA cheat agreements on CO2

by Obamot » 13/11/14, 23:53

Sorry for not having participated as much as I wanted in the "substantive" subjects, but these days I had my hands dirty ... (and for weeks that never ended) ;-)

Ahmed wrote:I am astonished that no one comments on the recent agreements on the "limitation" of the emission of greenhouse gases by the two principal polluters and givers of lessons of the planet?

Some are wondering about the origin of the sound of a kettle, I think the subject of this meeting deserves some lines ...
What do you think?

YES indeed, it deserves some comments ... (Sorry if I see it globally.)

1) It had been so long that we expected the "concrete" from the Americans that a proposed drop of 28% (from memory) is well worth a thread ...!

2) One wonders why this America "righteous" of today "which would like to show ostentatiously its pluriethnicity in the world" to the highest summits of the State (to tell him how much "she would be "close" to the people"maybe?), would like to reach such agreements with ... the Chinese, yesterday's sworn enemy, become THE essential trading partner of today! : Shock:
What is the logic behind all this, maybe a goatee game between superpowers?!? !!! Obama who wants to be the first "green" president, or a signal sent to Moscow to tell Putin how many "we can get along" despite everything "between dictatorships"?

3) Of course, that does not change the root of the problem, in an ideal of society which would like finance to be at the service of human activity and not the contrary ... (ecology entering into the same diagram...). If, however, these agreements reach a concrete result, it will not be for twenty or thirty years, if all goes well (it would be between 1,5 and 2 points per year, which is much too ambitious in my humble opinion, because the republicans will be back soon ... Nice, strongly a "real" democracy there, with finally not rigged votes: thank you Jeff Bush, next presidential candidate ... lol, except that for them the Co2, y screw it up in cola bottles, but other than that they don't know what it is and the average citizen wouldn't understand why it should be reduced: "will it change the taste?". Well, by dint of eating peanut, you end up having a brain no bigger than a peanut) : Mrgreen:

Reflection made, the system has reached such a point of saturation and total control, that it is no longer able to self-regulate, since the reindeer of this economic totalitarianism escapes even the low hand of its designers : since they are not even able to meet new challenges: they are political, economic societal health or other, without causing social upheaval with consequences and ending regularly in the bloodshed! Proof of this is the wars in the face of the growing hatred of peoples and populations rebellious to the canons of globalization, who, having failed to find the arguments corresponding to adapted answers, then suffer from making them a terrain of challenge, and of being then the victims of weapons and organizations of a different caliber ...! This is where when the policy failed we see that the military takes over ...

I remember one sentence from Flamby's jerk, who said:
"I was not elected to do representation but to" play politics "".

For him, no doubt, aligning himself with: the markets, the paradigm of the perpetual search for growth, and the axis of "good" defined by Washington, is that what he calls for? For someone who wanted to mark his time, it is missed with> 90% of unfavorable opinions ... And the guy does not resign, but then for him the Co2, the promises of America and his tone of teacher. school ... (lol) other fish to fry and little chance of achieving the desired result, since depending on the intrinsic limitations of the system!

My conclusion is that we can not do anything anymore, whether we are a citizen of a dictatorship or a democracy, it will not change war (uh I meant hardly ...) When will the next be forgotten? quickly this haggling on the Co2 ...?

It's not tomorrow that will change, EXCEPT if they would have realized that the problem is more serious than what they want to announce ... But if that's it, they are in an inertial and interferential system between other subsystems, which we are not ready to go out ...! (If it goes on like this)
0 x
RégsB
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RégsB » 15/11/14, 09:42

Was disgusted; Have nothing more to say! : Evil:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/11/14, 20:00

Do not panic! It's pretty commonplace and you'll get used to it ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/11/14, 23:13

Worse than we might think, better than we believe:

Worse because:
- 28% of 40% (between them) it's only down by 11,2% on the 2030 / 2040 horizon;
- except that by then, energy-related emissions will increase by 20%, tells us the RTS:
http://www.rts.ch/info/monde/6296625-ch ... serre.html

Better because:
- there will be "workout effects"Not insignificant, which will push all manufacturers to have to comply with that (AFP tells us >>>), rather than they can, in order to keep their American clientele! And far too risky to wait and no longer have the necessary cash when the time comes to transform industrial processes when it becomes binding ... (in my corner there are already many who are far ahead of the requirements / guidelines the most drastic ...)

Worse still, because if we solve the Co2 problem, it will not solve the rest! And "the rest" - without change of paradigm - risks to start again more and more in the frantic race to the exhaustion of the mineral resources, seems to explain regularly to us Ahmed in other threads?

Remains the political and geostrategic side that brakes the boat, instead of a flat it smells of the wild (before the world collapses an octave?). Without wishing to close too quickly, but ...
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."