NOTICE TO DIMINISHING - Help!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Popomme
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

NOTICE TO DIMINISHING - Help!

by Popomme » 15/01/14, 15:08

Hello,
I am a student of first ES and I am currently preparing my TPE (supervised practical work). We chose with my group the topic: What's left of the hippie movement? Thus, we would like to ask a question to the descending ones to add a testimony to our account.
We would like to know if, as a descendant, do you consider that this new ecological movement could have its origins in the hippie movement of the 1960 years?
Thank you in advance :)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/01/14, 15:25

Welcome, Popomme (I love this nickname :D )

Have you only started from the beginning: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippie

to be considered as a set of indicator posts.

In Belgium, some consider that the "green", that is to say the Ecologists, who are part of the "band of 4" are closer to the dogmatic neostalinists than to the hippie anarchists and moreover, living green requires comfortable means: at least 2 teachers' salaries per household or enough to buy a property.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Popomme
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Popomme » 15/01/14, 15:56

We have finished writing, so we obviously did a lot of research on the hippies itself, nevertheless, we would like true testimony of the decreasing to finalize our file. Thanks for the info on Belgium!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: NOTICE TO DECREASING - Help!

by sen-no-sen » 15/01/14, 16:16

Popomme wrote:Hello,

We would like to know if, as a descendant, do you consider that this new ecological movement could have its origins in the hippie movement of the 1960 years?

Hello Popomme!

I am not convinced that all the members of econology consider themselves to be decreasing in the sense that it is understood, but let's say that overall the idea of ​​"econology" is based on a decreasing vision.

The best is to ask the administrator of this forum:Christophe.

Now with regard to the hippie movement, I can only answer in the negative to your question.
The hippie movement is a falsely counter-cultural trend that appeared in the 1960 years in the USA.
It was first and foremost a "cultural-immune" response to the rise of the consumer society and to military conflicts linked to the economic "exponentialism" of the Atlantic bloc.

I noted wrongly against cultural because like a very large number of protest movements this one underwent the logic of "infiltration, deflection, destruction".

If indeed the first groups wanted to be full of good intentions, their lack of organization and their absence of deep values ​​were quickly infiltrated, deviated and led to the loss by government agencies, drugs, sex and wacky ideas quickly finished the job ...

And the result was extremely unhealthy, because for nearly 40 years ecological movements (all left ...) have been consistently considered synonymous with hippies and therefore smoker seals!
The consideration of the population for the ecological movement has therefore been completely discredited ... and that was the goal!
It is only recently under scientific pressure that ecology has come back to the fore ... to once again deviate from its original intentions through "sustainable development", a new hoax resulting from economic thinking .

Let us also remember that the hippie movement was a powerful propaganda tool in order to establish the "new age" movement straight out of globalist thinking ... globalism put in place by the same people that the hippie movement was supposed to fight!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/14, 18:08

I am not very descending, but try to be so. I have never been a hippie. Nor even tried. Although in 68.

Like sen-no-sen, I think it's not the same vein ...

Any form of questioning of the "consumer society", if that can be a "common denominator", does not mean that there is a filiation - that one flows from the other ...

Many hippies have become executives ... Steve Jobs a little less known, or who have been less successful.

Even if here too, we can not generalize.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/14, 18:24

Welcome popomme

sen-no-sen wrote:I am not convinced that all the members of econology consider themselves to be decreasing in the sense that it is understood, but let's say that overall the idea of ​​"econology" is based on a decreasing vision.

The best is to ask the administrator of this forum:Christophe.

I would even say that the decreasing are rather rare on this forum...econology is rather green growth (to oppose the current growth based on the plunder of non-renewable resources see this article which links very well GDP and the consumption of fossil fuels, the debate is here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/energie-pi ... t7865.html )

Here is the definition of econology that I wrote in 2004 or, soon 10 years!

After many econologists can, to a certain extent, be considered as decreasing with respect to the GDP because they, among other things, seek to lower their energy or water bills, they waste less food, they try less driving ... in short, lots of jobs that "boost" the GDP ...

GDP which besides and according to me is no longer adapted to the current system ... read: the paradoxes of GDP

If with that you have not 18 / 20 ...

You could share your report?
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 15/01/14, 21:28

Popomme wrote:Hello,
I am a student of first ES and I am currently preparing my TPE (supervised practical work). We chose with my group the topic: What's left of the hippie movement? Thus, we would like to ask a question to the descending ones to add a testimony to our account.

All roads lead to ecology
which is the end of the beginning of the singularity era : Mrgreen:

The story repeats itself but is not the same!
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 16/01/14, 08:41

For my part, as suggested Pierre RabhiI prefer to talk about moderation rather than decline. I do not think there is a connection between the hippie movement and people who apply moderation on a daily basis.

Besides, I do not believe that there is a movement of decay. In fact, people who are sensitive to this thought are rather isolated individuals who have become aware of the negative impact of the consumer society on their existence and who have decided to do more with less.

They did not choose to change the world, only their lives.
0 x
To argue.
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 16/01/14, 09:39

I would not talk about decay, but rather observation ...
In the 70 years have all dreamed of something to achieve ..

Today, we look at the boat, for some that flows and unsinkable for others ...
But no one really knows where he is going, so it's on, we hang out a bit ... :|

For hippies I recommend "the little book Rose" by Timothy Leary
A ++
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/01/14, 12:11

Aumicron wrote:For my part, as suggested Pierre RabhiI prefer to talk about moderation rather than decline. I do not think there is a connection between the hippie movement and people who apply moderation on a daily basis.

It must be clear, if we want to allow future generations to have a livable environment it will be necessary to do much more than moderation!

Even with growth of 0,2% per year, a simple "moderation" effort would not allow it to return to an acceptable level.
The decrease will have to be imposed by will or force because we will have no choice.
In the industrialized countries it will be necessary to consider a decrease of 50% to 70% spread on 15 or 20 maximum years ... otherwise (which corresponds to the current choice!) We will suffer, not on one or two decades, but on a few months or weeks a crisis whose outcome will certainly be fatal to a large number of the population.
This scenario may seem totally catastrophic, yet it corresponds to scientific data based on the historical study.

Indeed the speed of collapse of a society is proportional to its ability to dissipate energy ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.