Plants absorb oxygen and CO2!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Plants absorb oxygen and CO2!

by fabio.gel » 22/03/13, 07:11

Hello

I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.fehler-der-wissenschaft.de/

On this page you will read, among other things, that the scientifically recognized statements on photosynthesis are false.
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Did67

by Did67 » 22/03/13, 09:28

Sorry, the "fools" .... think .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has long been established that a plant cell, like an animal cell, breathes! It produces its energy by "oxidizing" sugars and transforming them into CO² and H²O. And that day and night. The organic factory is running. It "takes" O² and rejects CO² ... By thus oxidizing carbohydrates, the cellular factory supplies itself with energy.

But by the "miracle" of photosynthesis, these same chlorophyllian plants, under the influence of light, will transform, in chloroplasts, CO² and H²O into ... carbohydrates. So the phenomenon is exactly the opposite (at the level of the balance sheet; the chemical reactions are not at all the same!). Energy (solar) + CO² + H²O gives carbohydrates (which are nothing other than "solar energy bar").

In a growing plant, the second phenomenon takes precedence over the first. Carbohydrates and by extension all the organic molecules that result from them (such as cellulose, lignin from wood, etc.) accumulate: we have therefore "captured" more CO² than we have released, since the organioques molecules have accumulated ... (and that their "skeleton" is a chain of C drawn from CO² which has been "exploded" into C and O², the latter being rejected as waste!)

Then humans and animals will eat this, destroy the molecules, release CO² after having absorbed O². So by "exploding" in turn the organic molecules (carbohydrates or molecules which have been derived from them)

It will burn the wood and do the same: r recover the heat (which was therefore solar energy at the start) and reject CO² after absorbing O² (the boiler).

It will let wood, plants, and ditto, the fungi and bacteria do the same: reject CO² ...

In the end, when the biomass has disappeared, there are in the air exactly the same number of CO2 molecules that were initially absorbed by photosynthesis.

In a world in balance, all these flows are balanced ....

Conclusion:

- the Amazonian forest (in equilibrium; I am not talking about its destruction) is not the "lung" of the planet; it absorbs as much O² as it rejects (or as much CO² ...)

- when we clear, in fact, the results become negative; by destroying biomass, we release CO² which will no longer be absorbed ... (we replace an enormous "biomass" - a forest - with a much smaller biomass - eg soybeans!)

And all this has been taught to me in the 1960 years, on the basis of scientific knowledge having between a sicele and a few tens of years (the complete cycle of photosynthesis known as the Krebs cycle dates from the 1955 years).

I am dismayed that we can, in 2013, be so ignorant and do sensationalism with things so false (I am talking about the site cited in reference)! Finally, also "misunderstood" ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/03/13, 09:31

Small complement: the respiration vegetal was discovered in 1771 !!!!

http://www.aquadesign.be/actu/article-2607.php

That is to say that the site quoted is on page! Two and a half centuries behind.

The internet is sometimes crying!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Plants absorb oxygen and CO2!

by moinsdewatt » 23/03/13, 12:10

fabio.gel wrote:Hello

I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.fehler-der-wissenschaft.de/

On this page you will read, among other things, that the scientifically recognized statements on photosynthesis are false.

What 's this dumb site? :frown:

Of course plants absorb CO2 during the day and they reject it at night.
It 's been a long time since it' s been established.

The annual net balance for a plant or tree in growth It is an absorption of CO2.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/03/13, 17:15

Moral of the story :

A) on the internet, one can pass for interesting by writing any debility!

B) corollary: to take what is written on the Internet with a lot of tweezers (when one knows a domain, this kind of debility is obvious, but one day we risk being trapped in an area where we do not know great Thing!)
0 x