Social networks and energy savings

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Naldo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Social networks and energy savings

by Naldo » 28/09/11, 11:39

Hello everybody

I am new to the forum so I introduce myself. I am currently a student (more for a very long time!) At the end of the cycle in human sciences, and realize a study on the consumption of energy of the individuals within the framework of my internship.

I admit that it is not necessarily very classy to come to post a questionnaire online from the first connection, but know in any case that my approach is not absolutely not commercial.

Here is the link :

lebruit.free.fr/scenario2/

The questionnaire aims to assess the usefulness of a particular online social network (a neighborhood site) to communicate about energy and make consumption behaviors more sober.

I thank in advance those who would like to devote 5-6 min to answer!

See you soon on forum (believe it or not: my approach is not only interested!)
Last edited by Naldo the 28 / 09 / 11, 11: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/11, 11:49

It is not personal but given the "intellectual waste" = the futility of the information found on certain social networks (Facebook in the lead) and the time spent on it by some people (it consumes a pc to make futility) ... etc etc ... I'm afraid that social networks are anything but a contribution to energy savings!

I aim especially at the horror that is facebook. Twitter can be much more useful and militant (that's why I'm here and not on FB :D) ...

Some time ago it was scandalous because a search on Google cost the equivalent of a cup of coffee to heat. We forgot to say that without Google, we would take his car to get the info elsewhere ...

Otherwise, how much does an hour on facebook cost for "NOTHING" other than telling about your private life of very ... questionable interest for most users? And in 99.9% of cases zero on energy savings ...

On a forum, this one for example; we learn how to insulate his roof, there is what% of facebook pages that talk about insulation?

They do not even talk about the scam of debt ... so the energy savings ...

In short, you will understand that I do not like too much FB, details here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/envoye-spe ... t6650.html

Otherwise I like the form of your survey, I will answer it :)
0 x
Naldo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Naldo » 28/09/11, 11:59

Christophe wrote:It is not personal but given the "intellectual waste" = the futility of the information found on certain social networks (Facebook in the lead) and the time spent on it by some people (it consumes a pc to make futility) ... etc etc ... I'm afraid that social networks are anything but a contribution to energy savings!

I aim especially at the horror that is facebook. Twitter can be much more useful and militant (that's why I'm here and not on FB :D) ...

Some time ago it was scandalous because a search on Google cost the equivalent of a cup of coffee to heat. We forgot to say that without Google, we would take his car to get the info elsewhere ...

Otherwise, how much does an hour on facebook cost for "NOTHING" other than telling about your private life of very ... questionable interest for most users? And in 99.9% of cases zero on energy savings ...

On a forum, this one for example; we learn how to insulate his roof, there is what% of facebook pages that talk about insulation?

They do not even talk about the scam of debt ... so the energy savings ...

In short, you will understand that I do not like too much FB, details here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/envoye-spe ... t6650.html

Otherwise I like the form of your survey, I will answer it :)

Thank you for the link and your last sentence.

It's funny what you say, because one of my versions of the questionnaire is precisely about the evaluation of Facebook (I spared you) ....

I confess that I'm not a fan either, although I write, but I want to tell you that the poor quality of FB is more related to the use that is made to its inherent features :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/11, 12:19

Naldo wrote:I confess that I'm not a fan either, although I write, but I want to tell you that the poor quality of FB is more related to the use that is made to its inherent features :|

Absolutely, and it's valid for any participative website (forum, commentary ...) ...

It's up to the moderators to make sure the grain is not there? But on FB, I would not be surprised (in fact I do not know I'm not there) that racist words or groups (or other extremism) abound ...

It seems to me that FB has a function of social stupor, and that's why it's so popular now (look at the stupidity on some TV channels).

I'm not talking about what can be done with the information given to social networks (the worst news is obviously not given by you but by your "friends" ... even for those who are "careful", we can't control what your "friends" send).

But we will not redo the debate here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/envoye-spe ... t6650.html

So I have almost no hope in an effect that FB could have on energy ... except used as a marketing tool by some firms ...

Just stay here: see if there are any FR bands about Fukushima ... I bet they do not weigh very heavy ...

We, here, did a real job of collecting information and analysis in 2 topics (among others):

https://www.econologie.com/forums/accident-n ... 10579.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/nucleaire- ... 10628.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/11, 12:52

The answers of this style are lourdingue :), annoys me and is a waste of time I think ...

Strongly disagree Fairly disagree Neutral Mostly agree Strongly agree

Checkboxes yes / no would not be enough?

Well I answered but I'm not too happy with the "final surprise":

Thank you for your participation ! If you have any questions, please contact ludovic.migot@veolia.com ou johanna.le-conte@veolia.com

Student, did you say? Frankly, what do we think?
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."