Energy and climate report of JM Jancovici on France Info

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Energy and climate report of JM Jancovici on France Info

by Christophe » 19/05/11, 12:23

Audio archives of a weekly column on JM Jancovici's Wednesday on France Info and / or France Inter (? Not well understood).

To download / listen on his site: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... iques.html

Introduction:

A little before the Copenhagen summit, in December 2009, France Info offered me a fun exercise: to write a column every week which would consist in taking from the angle "energy and climate change" any subject that I come across. the head, the indebtedness of the country to the elections in Iraq, and projections of Allègre to the policy of the European Central Bank, provided that this is a bit related to the news and that it takes in a few minutes. A "test session" took place in an accelerated manner during the Copenhagen summit, where it was a question of commenting every day, in a few minutes, on a highlight of the climate negotiations.

After Copenhagen, this case has become a weekly column, now on Wednesday night to 21h45, and as I do not doubt that it will help to pass the audience of each chronicle of 10 20 people (at least!), I will tell you offers the completeness below. Clicking on the link takes you to the France Info website, and to podcaster the chronicle just download the file mp3 which is behind the link [download file] with a right mouse click.

NB: it happens that can not recover the archives of my chronicles ... but I do what I can!

It lasts about 5 min: it is very synthesized, very concise and interesting! As usual with Jancovici.

Please don't cheat on his nuclear opinion. Thank you. Moreover, he responds in general and global response to his "critics" here: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/declarations.html

List of archives:

11 May 2011: The gasoline two euros, joke or not?

4 May 2011: Back on tornadoes in the USA: warming or not warming?

27 APRIL 2011: The peak of oil production, what about?

20 APRIL 2011: The environmental label, real innovation or real powder?

13 APRIL 2011 (there is rab!): What to think of the electric car?

13 april 2011: Transition infrastructures in Europe

6 APRIL 2011: Agriculture and the greenhouse effect: where is the chicken and where is the egg?

30 March 2011: Does neglecting the carbon constraint play into the hands of extremist political parties?

23 March 2011: Fukuhisma my love ...

3 March 2011: Will the price of gas increase ... constantly? [Download the file]

2 February 2011: The role of forests in climate regulation [download file]

26 January 2011: Lehman Brothers, world champions of ecology! [Download the file]

19 January 2011: Climate refugees: how many divisions? [Download the file]

12 January 2011: Should we wait for the United States on climate issues? [Download the file]

5 January 2011: Is Greater Paris Grenello-compatible? [Download the file]

15 December 2010: The last of the year! [Download the file]

8 December 2010: When it snows, there is no more global warming? [Download the file]

24 November 2010: The Common Agricultural Policy, Energy and Climate [download file]

17 November 2010: US climate energy policy after mid-term elections [download file]

10 November 2010: The G20, antechamber climate negotiations [download file]

3 November 2010: China and carbon: impossible marriage? [Download the file]

27 October 2010: Does the budget debate have a link with the energy future? [Download the file]

20 October 2010: Biodiversity and climate: which parallels? [Download the file]

13 October 2010: If Borloo went to Matignon, would it be an issue for the environment? [Download the file]

6 October 2010: Is there really a socially responsible investment? [Download the file]

29 September 2010: The elections in Brazil, what relationship with energy and climate? [Download the file]

22 September 2010: The pension reform, episode 2: who really depends on the solution? [Download the file]

15 September 2010: Is it so serious to lower photovoltaic subsidies? [Download the file]

8 September 2010: Is our education system suitable for tomorrow or yesterday? [Download the file]

1er September 2010: Fires in Russia and floods in Pakistan are markers of ongoing climate change? [Download the file]

June 25, 2010: What is the "right" way to count CO2 emissions? [Download the file]

June 18, 2010: The law on the "New Organization of the Electricity Market" (NOME law) [download the file]

4 June 2010: The France Africa summit: what link with the environment? [Download the file]

28 May 2010: The Organization of Electrical Production in France [download file]

21 May 2010: How to understand something to the law called Grenelle 2? [Download the file]

14 May 2010: The European Central Bank to help the euro ... or the environment? [Download the file]

7 May 2010: Will the elections in Great Britain change the energy policy of this country? [Download the file]

30 APRIL 2010: Are economics and ecology necessarily antagonistic? (GDP and Grenelle 2 are in a boat) [download file]

23 april 2010: Is it legitimate to invite Claude Allègre in the media? [Download the file]

16 APRIL 2010: Pension Reform [download file]

2 APRIL 2010: The rise in the price of gas: it's the price of the carbon tax! [Download the file]

26 March 2010: The abandonment of the carbon tax: all wrong [download file]

19 March 2010: Energy and regional elections! [Download the file]

12 March 2010: Iraq: elections and the oil challenge [download file]

26 February 2010: When we go skiing, in France or in Vancouver, where is the carbon hidden? [Download the file]

February 19, 2010: "Giec Wars" episode 2: the revenge of the climatosceptics [download the file]

12 February 2010: Computers are the dematerialized economy? [Download the file]

5 FEBRUARY 2010: The Giec, what is it for, and can it really mean anything? [Download the file]

29 January 2010: Capitalism and environment are they reconcilable? [Download the file]

22 January 2010: When will the next oil shock? [Download the file]

15 January 2010: The earthquake of Haiti ... and energy [download file]

8 January 2010: The carbon tax misunderstood by members of the Constitutional Council ... [download file]

14 December 2009 (live from Copenhagen): No break holidays, even when it comes to gas! [Download the file]

11 December 2009 (live from Copenhagen): Who attends climate negotiations and for what? [Download the file]

10 December 2009 (live from Copenhagen): Voluntary reductions, or ... involuntary? [Download the file]

9 December 2009 (live from Copenhagen): Climate Convention, Kyoto Protocol, Copenhagen Summit ... how is all this articulated? [Download the file]

8 december 2009 (live from Copenhagen): Change of attitude of the United States to Climate Negotiations [download file]

To download / listen on his site: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... iques.html
0 x
Christophe

Re: Energy and Climate Chronicle of JM Jancovici on France I

by Christophe » 19/05/11, 12:51

Christophe wrote:Please don't cheat on his nuclear opinion. Thank you. Moreover, he responds in general and global response to his "critics" here: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/declarations.html

I particularly liked this passage about forums (some should take the seed ...):

Finally, finally, I confess that two characteristics of forums are a little "foil" for yours truly: the anonymity of most of the contributors, which allows many to use it as a defouloir and not to build, and the often disjointed nature of exchanges. On this last point, on a number of forums, after 4 to 10 comments we often start to have comments that are totally disconnected from what started the discussion, and the more we advance, the less there is a guiding "thread"so we do not know exactly who and what to answer.

This probably explains this, there are more and more forums who wish to remain "serious" who put big and red invitations to remain calm, to avoid lawsuits and fanciful statements, to raise the temperature with swearing and inappropriate words, etc.

In this context, therefore, I never intervene on a forum where I am quoted or questioned. If one day I am wrongly accused of murder, we will see, but as long as the unfounded accusations are limited to explaining that I am "bought by nuclear power" (which is debatable: most of my clients ask me for ideas for save energy, which is not precisely the job of energy suppliers; Areva and EDF contributed 1% of the turnover of the company that employs me, and I have never been their employee), that I am one of Hulot's campaign advisers (which is not true), that I have changed my mind on a fundamental subject when in fact I have not changed my mind at all (this which is generally easy to verify), I let say. And then, divine surprise, it even happens that someone takes the time to correct the erroneous information (for what I saw, I do not look at everything), and I sincerely thank it.

Read the whole page to get to know Jancovici (links with Hulot and Bayrou at the end): http://www.manicore.com/documentation/declarations.html

Digital application: the role of your servant with Nicolas Hulot

You remember all your old memories of math and physics: there is theory and practice, or theory and "numerical application". As we do not change a winning recipe, I propose the same exercise here, namely to apply the above to a concrete case that has already started: what can be said and what cannot be said about your servant in what concerns his relations with Nicolas Hulot, in particular since our friend decided to launch out in the presidential one for 2012. I will limit myself to commenting if I am an "adviser of Hulot" (that I would be within the framework of his campaign judging by a few words read here and there), and "Hulot, Janco and nuclear" (Nicolas Hulot would have changed his mind while I did everything to persuade him otherwise).

"Advisor" is a label that is easily stuck on your face whenever you hang out with a character that seems out of reach to the common person (or at least the person making the comment). So Hulot going to talk to Sarkozy was labeled "adviser" of the latter, and your servant, part of a committee of the Nicolas Hulot Foundation, became "adviser" of Hulot. In the same vein, in 2007, Le Monde qualified as advisor to Bayrou because I went to spend some time with him (quite simply because he was the only candidate to have proposed it to me!) . So "adviser" is often quite simply "who has the opportunity to speak to". This does not automatically mean that you are asked for advice, or that it is exclusive, or that it is frequent, or that you are overweight ...

Before the announcement of Nicolas Hulot's candidacy, the latter was president of a foundation bearing his name (which has now changed its name and is called Foundation for Nature and Man). Since 2001, I have been a member, in this foundation, of the ecological watch committee (CVE), which was set up at Nicolas' request to help him see clearly in environmental issues (it is obvious that this part of the mandate falls in fact with Nicolas who ceases to be president, but that's another story). This committee has broadened its mandate over the years by also contributing to the Foundation's positions. As such, I was one of the drafters of the Ecological Pact, and during the period preceding the drafting of the Pact (2001 to 2007 we will say) I had relatively frequent exchanges with Nicolas Hulot. These exchanges slowed down after the exit from the Pact, for normal reasons: everyone's diary is filling up, fewer opportunities to see each other because there is no longer a "strong" product to manufacture together, etc. . But that effectively prevented us from having in-depth "private" discussions on anything after the start of the Grenelle (nuclear included, but not only).
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."