Change the world, a whole program. By JM Jancovici

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Change the world, a whole program. By JM Jancovici

by Christophe » 19/05/11, 11:57

The new book by Jean Marc Jancovici has just appeared: "Changing the world *, a whole program"

* under the influence of the world of energy, of course.

Presentation mailing + a little news:

Dear friends, colleagues, correspondents, and all the others (we must find a few, with 7 billion earthlings now)

A number of you may know that editing is very easy. If by chance you manage, once in your life, to write a book which brings back more than it cost, not very long after a publisher will inevitably appear from "somewhere" to ask you to produce another one, and this until the manuscript follows.

So when, in addition, you have the guilty naivety of thinking that to blacken 200 pages and some paper can possibly be used to a little something to make the world more funny, it is to say if the astral conjunction can only lead to a new incursion on the booksellers' stall!

This reasoning being of a proven logic, even for an author totally incompetent in matters of New York justice, Maman Calmann-Lévy (we say a publishing house, it must therefore be feminine, right?) And dad Jancovici therefore have the pleasure of informing you of the birth, on May 5, of "Change the world, quite a program!". The baby was born at full term, ie after one year of gestation, and appears to be in good physical condition.

Like any father proud of his offspring, I will obviously knock you out with the photo of the pioupiou (even if you have never asked to see it, this is the rule): http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... monde.html From this page you will be able to read a more complete announcement, namely the summary, the introduction, as well as the equivalent of Aunt Machin's wonder commentary (or Aunt Bidule acid), that is to say the first reviews and interviews associated with this release.

For those who say to themselves that, lying in the sun on the lawn (or what is left of it with the drought), it is better to listen to your walker, you can have, on this page, a small selection of "About minutes "adapted to idleness (seasonal): http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... iques.html (There are some holes for obscure reasons internal France Info that I still have not elucidated, but it is not excluded that one day the holes are blocked for reasons that may be just as dark).

Apart from this book and these French-infotely talks, the productivity of the months that have just passed has not been famous: a little charring of Marine Le Pen here ( http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... e_pen.html ), a little climatoscepticism there ( http://www.manicore.com/documentation/s ... lisme.html ), a little Japanese radioactivity (seasonal) here ( http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... shima.html et http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... verts.html ), and finally 3 table corner calculations on what can mean a global (seasonal) nuclear output ( http://www.manicore.com/documentation/p ... eaire.html ). No matter how much I dig up my brain, I have not found anything about a possible link between global warming and the length of the DSK trial, sorry!

The bad languages ​​will say that it is to better sell the capitalist and paying production (the book) that I slowed the production available on my site (whose consultation is free ... provided to have bought a computer, a Internet access, an EDF subscription or equivalent, and a few minor things). That they say, I will let say! Because from now on I answered in advance all the naughty not beautiful ones who say nasty things about me, na: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/declarations.html (Even in this case, we can do industrialization, we live a strange time).

Of course, if you do not like cars, factories, fields (wheat), fields (oil), climate, and no more uranium and coal, all this may to bore to death. I can only hope that next time I talk about cherry clafoutis or sunsets in Ouessant, since I will always be so incompetent on American justice!

Best regards to all

Jean-Marc Jancovici

Book Summary:

Chapter 1: Oil, or the multiplication of supermen

Papin and Watt, liberators of slaves?

Energy = purchasing power

The beef effect

Hide this breast ... for cheap

By car !

Carbon in the gigabyte

The right to housing, still oil

To divorce, what energy!

Chapter 2: Put cities in the countryside, it's done!

From the plow to the key of 12

To help, you have to pump ...

Rien ne va plus

Do you have oil? You are moving!

Treat yourself with oil

Millions of euros or megajoules?

The twilight of the suburbs

Cassandra, to the niche!

Chapter 3: Charybde Oil or Scylla Climate?

For a handful of more degrees ...

You throw and I pump

Charcoal!

Peak and peak ...

To avoid the crisis in the crisis?

You will not cut

Four axes

Chapter 4: Show me your carbon footprint ....

Zero CO2 is sometimes 100% of nonsense!

I grow, so I emit

Electricity, not so clean!

"Not in my backyard", also for broadcasts

The lessons of the carbon footprint

It's the small balance sheet that goes up, that goes up ...

Chapter 5: When we love, we do not count

How much does a polar bear cost?

The return of the windmills

When demagogy seizes electrons ...

A streetcar named dollar

The bonus-malus, a lot of noise for not much?

Me, it's not the state

Tomorrow I will have better

Do not you have shells? No problem !

Why tomorrow and not right now?

Chapter 6: It's serious, doctor?

Growth, or peace?

From carbon to global geopolitics

From Tierra del Fuego to the Ecological Pact

You will not tax

From Rio to Copenhagen (pending Durban)

Chapter 7: At table!

When the building goes ...

The return of the routine?

It will be overflowing energy, anyway

Taste me this good carbon

I tax you or I ration you?

Ambition, what the hell!

Presentation on its website: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/a ... monde.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/05/11, 14:20

If you like, Christophe, put this book in your shop?
It's an idea like that.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/05/11, 14:26

Hi LeJuste.

We have a bookstore section https://www.econologie.com/shop/livres-c-52.html with Le Plein SVP de janco https://www.econologie.com/shop/le-plein ... p-180.html

But “general public” bookseller (even if the general public is initiated) is a very specific job. It's not ours.

You will easily find this book elsewhere!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/04/12, 19:50

To listen, an intervention of JM Jancovici to the commission of inquiry on the real cost of electricity, in the Senate:

http://videos.senat.fr/video/videos/2012/video12508.html

The video lasts 1h30, but it is very rewarding, in fact it is mainly about our dependence on fossil energy, and the impossibility of finding economic growth (it's nice to hear!).
It is also about the correlation economic crisis and oil.
Only downside, it does not go down on the nuclear ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/04/12, 22:54

Thank you for the link,

For the very good diagnosis on fossils, we know it ... for its admiration of the nuclear, we also know it ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 13/04/12, 01:32

The nuclear lobby, professors of Jancovici, worthy continuator, had planned to 1970 that before the year 2000 we would miss oil, just to justify the massive passage to the French nuclear current, real madness, deniers of the reality of the dangers of nuclear power.
As we do not miss oil, it was a lie and peak oil remains an illusion, because contrary to the predictions of 1970, we do not run out of fossil fuels, rather than pollute the whole world, first with Fukushima all over the planet and leaks of oil and gas everywhere.

More we will miss indispensable metals well before, much earlier than fuels and especially the CO2, only the one already put currently, causing a warming with rising seas of 20m, inexorable over the coming centuries, will force us to stop the growth of CO2 current, quicklywell before a spike of fuels, since oil can be produced from any fuel, gas, coal, etc., in huge quantities in our underground, accumulated for hundreds of millions of years by life, not to mention the abiotic gas and oil, also real, that soaks the earth, like the entire solar system (like the Titan satellite) !!

Jancovici, sold to the nuclear lobby, manipulates us skilfully, using the ancillary realities, which arrange it, in denial of the reality of the danger of nuclear power.

The result will be sooner or later, a Cherno-Fukushima in France, emptying an entire region of France, uninhabitable and incultrable for long centuries, because our nuclear supermans, like all men, can not be infallible forever! !
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 13/04/12, 09:48

unfaithful dedeleco, always as straight in his certainties. :?
0 x
Click my signature
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/04/12, 11:24

dedeleco wrote:The nuclear lobby, professors of Jancovici, worthy continuator, had planned to 1970 that before the year 2000 we would miss oil, just to justify the massive passage to the French nuclear current, real madness, deniers of the reality of the dangers of nuclear power.

Inaccurate!
Certain geologists of the time, said that the "peak oil" would be reached around the year 2000 (with approximately 10 years of uncertainty), except the latter probably took place in 2008 (and is at the origin of the triggering of the "subprime crisis"), the forecast is therefore very correct.

The massive transition to nuclear power concerns only a very small proportion of countries, the latter hardly representing only 8% of the world energy balance.

As we do not miss oil, it was a lie and peak oil remains an illusion, because contrary to the predictions of 1970, we do not run out of fossil fuels, rather than pollute the whole world, first with Fukushima all over the planet and leaks of oil and gas everywhere.

The hospital that is crazy about charity!
And then you treat others as deniers!
The peak oil is anything but an illusion, it is besides the reason why the US attacked Iraq .... and soon Iran ... (respectively the 2ème and 3ème reserves world of conventional oil)

well before a spike in fuels

Should not mix peak oil (natural oil), and peak fuel (what is it a new concept?) :frown:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/04/12, 11:39

Dedeleco wrote:Since we do not run out of oil, it was a lie and peak oil remains an illusionbecause, contrary to the predictions of 1970, we do not miss fossil fuels

that's a scoop. : Idea:
Should not mix peak oil (natural oil), and peak fuel (what is it a new concept?)

Yes, there is a weak nuance: there are many "peaks" ... the conventional liquid peak, the all liquid peak including the unconventional ones, the peaks all hydrocarbons combined ...

But, well, that does not fundamentally change the problem.

In this regard, several summary graphs and resource documents:
Summary World Energy Outlook 2011
Update on the situation in December 2010
Update on the situation in November 2009
Last edited by Remundo the 13 / 04 / 12, 11: 47, 2 edited once.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/04/12, 11:43

Remundo wrote:
Since we do not run out of oil, it was a lie and peak oil remains an illusionbecause, contrary to the predictions of 1970, we do not miss fossil fuels

that's a scoop. : Idea:

The other scoop is that the oil is in almost infinite reserve on the human scale in abiotic form ... but shhh it is a secret well kept by the Chinese FBI! : Lol:
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."