Deserts, traps at CO2? Arte tonight

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Deserts, traps at CO2? Arte tonight

by Christophe » 25/02/11, 18:25

Tonight on Arte at 22: 05

Deserts: traps at CO2?

Friday, 25 February 2011 to 22: 05
repeats:
26.02.2011 to 10: 00
12.03.2011 to 05: 00
Deserts: traps at CO2?
(Germany, 2010, 52mn)
HR

The existence of a "vegetal skin" in arid zones would limit the damage caused by climate change.

Our planet is made up for a third of deserts, savannas, steppes and other glacial expanses. 30% of this area, or more than 50 million km2 (five times Europe), is covered with vast patches of micro-vegetation composed of cyanophyceae (blue-green algae or cyanobacteria), chlorophyceae (green algae) , lichens and mosses. This sort of "vegetable skin" is found in places as different as the Greenland ice cap or the Queensland savannah in Australia. However, researchers have found that these "biological crusts" have the property of fixing nitrogen and especially CO2. According to them, it is urgent to protect them, even to promote their development in regions where desertification is progressing.

http://www.arte.tv/fr/semaine/244,broad ... =2011.html

The link to the "mini site" points to something else, at your place too?
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 03 / 11, 14: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
aliciat87
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aliciat87 » 08/03/11, 14:19

Hello Christophe:

the solution you are proposing is very interesting and I think it's very encouraging to see that some people still care about the environment.

I just wanted to let you know that currently there is a cool solution for e-commerce and for us consumers who want to become eco-citizens. it is an environmentally friendly solution on a website, and the process consists of offsetting carbon emissions for e-commerce and e-merchants. How? 'Or' What? in fact the principle is simple "a tree will be planted for each purchase". In my opinion, it is an ecological gesture that is both practical and visualizable.

I invite you to visit the link www.treebuverte.com for more details

Thank you
0 x