The real impact of wood heating?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 03/10/05, 23:10

Hi follows the publication of kyot'home spreadsheet

quelq'un he has the means to quantify the impact of wood heating?

Indeed, we reject in hours or days, that sometimes put arbes SEVERAL tens of year to collect ...

Although all are, the results are balanced, it is far from being without short-term consequences if wood becomes the first heating source (: blink: fortunately it is not there)

has your keyboard ...

PS: Christopher, if you think it's not his place, travels ... Thanks in advance
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/10/05, 00:10

rpsantina wrote:it is far from being without short-term consequences if wood becomes the first heating source

Gasoline combustion of wood ----) Creosote in the soot from the chimney ...: ph34r:
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 04/10/05, 01:07

Wood heating is not a technique within the reach of all.
Just think of those who live ds apartments.
Just this factor already greatly limits the potential users.

C is true that burning wood cancels storage that has CO2
causes the growth of trees .But set apart the wood stores carbon in the form of mineral, coal or fosslise of fossilized wood .The wood
is intended to return al atmosphere.Que either suite has its combustion
(Forest fire) or decomposition.La wood processing (for construction, paper and other goods) only delays the inevitable.
The politicians would have us believe that the use of wood
carburer allows the oil or the result is zero because the charbonle
CO2 is stored ds wood products .C is a deception.

But Kyoto obliges, ill have to find the guilty to
forgetting the true sources of CO2 that are burning energies
fossil .For the moment they are ruminants and nature that does not stock the CO2 well when it gets too chaud.Les Coreaux that do not grow asse
quickly and are also farmers (as if one puts in their asse not on the back). Soon it will be the fault of baked beans (well known to produce
methane during digestion).

We must not forget that to burn wood must plant trees and wait ... wait longtemps.Et least there will be some trees more
the wood will be expensive and therefore we will burn less .a s will establish balance.
C is not like oil or less are more one consumes.

The real solution is to develop wood boilers with a maximum performance (like a post combustion) .D stop wasting the energy.
And diversify sources of renewable energy for a
enregie source adapted to each need.
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 07/10/05, 08:46

in my case the wood heating is more economical because I currently has 70 cubic meters of wood besides all that remains to be debited
it's more the economy than ecology prevails here
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/10/05, 09:13

A fundamental thing must be kept in mind when talking about wood energy, as any renewable energy:

This is not the solution but ONE solution.

Do not wait indeed wood that heats the entire country. Today, the share of wood heating increases and the French forest resources still have more than enough to meet demand. Continuous forest to gain ground in France, so all is well.

In terms of cost GHG, we can, I think, accept the idea of ​​a zero carbon footprint (with the exeption of pollution and cutting transport units but it is quite negligible). Also if a dead tree is not burned, it will break down in a few years aerobically. And the final product of this decomposition is the ... CO2.

So for that matter, so take the opportunity to bask in the way.

In fact, the ratio of ADEME used to Kyot'Home, very well done, remained unanswered when the cost logging GHG. The author admitted not being able to properly assess the thing and stood by the overall carbon balance assumption zero for wood. I think it is the same for CITEPA, reference organization for the "counting" of greenhouse gas emissions in France. (I have to check how they treat the subject of forestry).

So to conclude, I would say the woods are no better, as the forest resource is managed intelligently and not decreasing. This is generally the case in France. :)

Have a good day :)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/10/05, 09:18

I forgot about the wood in the Kyot'Home program.

To take into account, individual heating, simply specify any heating energy EXCEPT electricity and to 0 or even nothing at all in consumer boxes.

It will zero heating pollution, according to the hypothesis of zero GHG balance for wood.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/05, 10:02

Rulian wrote:Also if a dead tree is not burned, it will break down in a few years aerobically. And the final product of this decomposition is ... the CO2.

Worse ... it may reject the Methane !! But I'm not sure all the decomposing bodies ... We must reject undoubtedly specific conditions
0 x
Pouz
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pouz » 08/10/05, 08:41

In my opinion, cantoner A to energy, either for heating or for driving is heresy.

If everyone warmed with wood, there would not be enough forests in France to meet the demand. One has only to see DIFFICULTIES we Alsace (region "crowded") to find a timber concession. Demand is soaring, and the price of the cubic meter too!

Ditto for oil, if everyone bought a athmatique diesel to run on SVO; there are not enough plantation or agricultural area to meet massive demand.

In my (humble) opinion, the solution is in the diversity made up of people from different backgrounds energy: solar, geothermal, oil, wood, wind, maréoliennes ... Both at country level and at the level of the individual.

But above all, we should start by reducing our own energy consumption by avoiding waste of comfort (illuminated advertising, illuminated monument ...) and return to a more reasonable consumption.

My grandmother had a lifestyle more than Spartan (poor peasant) and I could see that my generation (and therefore myself), accustomed to abundance, do not even realize the daily waste.
Must make a living in a poor country to realize what is wasted. It gives a very good idea of ​​what we can do to go molo without depriving or light the candle. It's just a change of habit ...
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 08/10/05, 12:11

almost everyone in tape ecology as pollution has no real repercussions on the population and especially that it does not affect their wallets all going well in the best of all worlds! ;)
I work I earn I eat because I'm worth it! : Blink:
and then the pollution that's true would do this or that and then we forget ... :(
0 x
gerald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald » 08/10/05, 19:31

It is estimated that mêtre cube of wood used as timber trap a ton of CO2 who will not return to the atmosphere (except fire). This study takes into account the growing season of the tree and so all the leaves that are become compost. The wood rotting therefore not releasing all its CO2 since part of the carbon remains in the ground.
Forest pollution are significant chains of oils represent thousands of tons of oil end up in the groundwater. They are banned in some Nordic countries that use biodegradable oils. I personally use oil used fryer (not oil fryer). my job is the portable sawmill from farmers or forest. My sawmill pantonisée (SPAD - 46% savings) and I carbide part sunflower oil.
my website
Gérald
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."