Your questions and suggestions

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Your questions and suggestions

by Rulian » 30/09/05, 15:57

Hello,

Here you can ask all your questions about Kyot'Home and the program.
Christophe and I will try to answer it at best.

Before posting, do not forget to check out the Kyot'Home FAQ.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 30/09/05, 18:22

Hello,

in the spreadsheet, there is an ambiguity ...

for the people of the countryside, they are in an individual habitat (mostly ...) with wood heating ( not listed), coal, fuel oil ... et power consumption

It's not super intuitive to read (ok I can be read a little fast :) )

Ditto for those in the city who have the chance of a collective heating et to consume power for all electrical devices so precious, ... yes, my best ...

:)
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 30/09/05, 18:54

Great idea and spreadsheet!

I am in all collective (even electricity) it's hard to calculate but it's great all the same. When will transport be taken into account ;-)

If not just something, under openoffice, the given page is hidden by explanatory bubbles - descriptive. If you could put a border on the boards see gray / color boxes, it could be more readable ...

In any case, more and more bravo! with the sources of info and everything, it's really good.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/05, 19:08

Great idea and spreadsheet!

Thank you :) But we would prefer a version 100% online ...

I am in all collective (even electricity) it's hard to calculate but it's great all the same. When will transport be taken into account ;-)

Gently softly everything in its time, I think that it is already quite complex ... In fact, we have long hesitated to put the transport and it will surely add on a later version (following the success of that the made )

If not just something, under openoffice, the given page is hidden by explanatory bubbles - descriptive

Ben ... it is also in the Excel version ....
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 03/10/05, 08:40

I take note of your remarks and will take them into account, at least for the form. Basically, changing the calculation modes or adding new ones is not always easy.

About wood heating. It was deliberately omitted. Indeed I consider CO2 emission factor of firewood as zero or negligible, the trees consuming by pushing the CO2 released by combustion.

For collective electricity, I had not considered the question at all. I'll be there soon.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/05, 10:58

I noticed something: when you are 100% electricity is widely (even for a house well isolated anyway) beyond the objectives ...

Finally we do a little advertising for the French nuclear la ... Good me it does not bother me too much but you Rulian I think you do not like the nuke too ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 03/10/05, 11:18

The question that must be asked is a question of priority:

Should we do without nuclear power today and eat carbon that will kill us in the very short term (a few decades)?

Or is it necessary to invest in nuclear power to dispense with heating oil and oil (and to a lesser extent with NGV) by favoring electricity and wood to no longer emit CO2 and have hazardous waste, but buried that will not be not accessible for millennia?

My choice is made: The urgency of today is the decline in CO2 releases.

So if we must force energy savings and nuclear power to have enough electricity to heat us and transport us to town with electric vehicles, dare to say because it is very late for the planet.

It may be necessary to transform the "Nuclear No Thanks" into "Nuclear By Thanks" ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/05, 13:09

I am, once again, agree with you oceano (that's why the anti nuclear nuke me slightly: they count the annual number of deaths of "oil" before brandishing the leader of a new Chernobyl !!) but I doubt that the nuke French or other (less than 2% of gross world energy) has any influence on the global greenhouse effect ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 03/10/05, 14:02

I had already noticed for the CO2 emissions factor for electricity but I took the official figures.

The goal of Kyot'Home is not to enter the nuclear debate I believe (although you have correctly summarized my position on the subject).
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 03/10/05, 14:22

I no longer warm up to electricity since the end of last winter and I'm currently installing my wood heaters, but I think that in the meantime, the nuc. is a source of electricity. not too polluting (but in the short term only) but unfortunately expensive to buy (strongly Direct Energie) and it is absolutely necessary to finish with the coal-fuel oil plants and immediately please! and when are individual or collective HVB boilers like in Germany?
for now my priority is to change op. cellular tel. :D and to supply of éléct (not :( before 2007) but possibility before creating a soc.
I am waiting for the wood heating to be taken into account at the kiot'home! : Rolleyes:
0 x