Prohibition of short selling by Merkel ...

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Prohibition of short selling by Merkel ...

by Christophe » 19/05/10, 20:10

... in Germany on euro zone bonds ... Also called "downside speculation" (or rather to the fuck :D)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vente_%C3% ... %A9couvert

The news has just fallen and it's a financial tidal wave! Well done to Merkel!

Italy had done the same at the end of 2008 but it seems to me on all financial products. I don't know when the ban was lifted ...

If no other country follows, it will be useless by cons ... or almost ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/05/10, 20:38

From what I heard this morning, the others should not be long in coming. We wonder who controls in our countries ... speculators? : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/05/10, 21:03

Uh a little contradictory your remark right?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/05/10, 21:06

Not really, I regret that it is the speculators who command, hence this decision.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/05/10, 22:07

Well yes I agree, that's why it will be hard to generalize this decision ... hence my remark on yours ...

And even banning it here to tolerate it elsewhere, today it will have little long-term effect, in short must ban it worldwide ... ideally.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/05/10, 03:24

Heard on the news tonight. They created pools and gave permissions to German traders to buy stocks and be able to resell them immediately to protect the Euro.
But who mainly attacks the Euro? That is the question ... And why is the Euro attacked (to speculate, especially on money ... we suspect). Yes really, but with what currency is the Euro with large transaction volume bought on the currency markets ...? I heard it was attacks to drive the dollars up?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/10, 11:35

Good remarks and questions ... to which I do not have the slightest answer.

One thing is certain: these attacks are voluntary ...

Obamat may not be that cool ... :? : Cheesy:

There may be some answers in the Tonight or never last night: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post168448.html#168448 not yet had time to see it in full.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/05/10, 11:49

Everyone defends their crust ... And on a planet in serious demographic crisis the war of exchange currencies is unfortunately only the beginning of a process which will eventually lead to population regulation. The big problem is that we will have to compost a lot of corpses ...

It will fertilize the little that remains of arable land ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/05/10, 15:06

Merkel is right,

Short selling involves selling a security that you do not yet own to take advantage of its decline. [a downside speculation tool]

To carry out this operation, an operator must first borrow the title in question. But some stakeholders are exempt from this loan. Others buy the protections, the CDS, without holding the underlying debt securities. This is called naked sales, which today are accused of being purely speculative.

Seen from Germany, the device aims to reverse the downward spiral observed on certain sovereign debts such as Greek loans, Spanish and Portuguese, as well as the fall in the shares of banks exposed to the risks of these countries. In the end, the idea is to "save the euro". "The decision is not illogical, comments David Thesmar, professor of finance at HEC, naked sales are helping to disrupt the market." But, if the device can slow down the fall of certain titles, it cannot prevent it. "It is not by breaking the thermometer that you lower the fever," summarizes Mr. Thesmar.

It does them good for all these good for nothing financial and over-indebted countries to have the points on the i and the bars on the T

Jawohl! : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/10, 15:09

Don't get carried away Raymond, as long as it is not generalized to all countries and to ALL PRODUCTS, it won't change much ...

We can dream right?
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"