The plague of US companies in Europe

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Former Oceano

The plague of US companies in Europe

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 12:06

Yesterday, my partner called me on her break.
Conference call. The company for which she works, a large American group will close 9 stores in France.

They are doing well, have made better figures than last year but ...

You have to pay the pension funds ... 9 stores, or more than 150 people on the floor.

Searched in the newspapers, so far nothing has appeared.

We had a bad night, it doesn't help my health all that.

Thank you ricans!
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/07/09, 12:29

http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualit ... 587561.php

http://info.sfr.fr/economie/Disney-Stor ... ce,110940/

97 jobs advertised

( Fashion :| / You don't seem confident, on the help offered by the Pôle Emploi…)

8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 12:34

gegyx wrote:You don't seem confident about the help offered by the Pôle Emploi…

Maybe because he works there himself ...

I don't think that the fact that the company is rican changes anything ...

There are also quite a few 100% French companies closing at the moment.

In any case: courage for the future, I hope you will not lose your accommodation for that ... it happened to others ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 13:01

The stores must have fewer people than that of my partner. In addition there must be regional managers, and on the direction in Paris, the less there will be employees to manage the less staff will be needed ...

So at least 97 ... Surely more.

As for Pôle Emploi, the privatization of the ANPE under the guise of 'merger' with the Assedics is disastrous.

Giving management of Job Seekers to the private sector is expensive and in addition gives less good results.
Then how to compare the work of an employee of a private operator who only manages 40 to 60 people full time, by appointment, with an advisor who must within the week:
Welcoming 1 / 2D, receiving Applicants for the registration interview 1 / 2J, receiving Applicants for meetings 2 half days, managing their business portfolio 1/2 D, managing and receiving Sound Applicants Portfolio of Applicants (150 to 200 people) in monthly follow-up 1 to 2 1/2 days, set up the half day of service meeting, workshop animations, train to learn the rules of compensation (the sole referent must be able to do everything), hold the telephone reception in PST 1/2 day ...
In short, it is impossible to do everything well, we do the maximum without means, realizing that we are doing everything wrong.

13 years ago, I worked in a Reclassification Technical Unit and with the monitoring that I did with private operators, and a portfolio of a hundred members that I followed closely, I had nearly 90% of placement .

10 years ago, I was in charge of a club of young graduates that I trained in job search techniques and that I supported with a placement rate of 95% (19 young people placed on permanent or fixed-term contracts of more than 6 months out of 20). Today this is outsourced with less result.

Finally to say that the ANPE does nothing is always easy. We rarely get back on the people who find thanks to us. When I was at the UTR of Marignane, a member who found a CDI thanks to me made the trip Mouriès (near Arles) Marignane just to thank me.
My partner's post she found it after a forum business done by the ANPE and for which his adviser invited him and made an appointment with companies for speeddate interviews. As I work to make stats and tools in direction, I did not intervene, his adviser doing it very well with the means he could release.

So given the workloads and the deterioration of the job market, I am really worried. Not by Pôle Emploi, but by the degradation of work, including for colleagues employed by Pôle Emploi.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 13:06

About the ANPE, my personal experience is also disastrous: if you are not compensated (case of all young graduates who have never worked outside the internship), well you do not count for the ANPE: you are a shit for them ...

In short, they bump into your case and they offered me NO job offer in 2 years ...

A friend of promos (mechanical engineer), who was compensated him, received a single offer of 18 months for a position of engineer ... electrician.

During the famous obligatory "interviews", an employee of the ANPE replied to me by text:

"If the engineers can't find any more work, where do we go?"

Yep where are we going? There are slaps that get lost! : Evil:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 13:18

It all depends on who you come across. I have colleagues who are pissing off with the Applicants, manage to make them cry (for women) or even provoke violent reactions.

I was a long-term job seeker before passing a departmental competition which brought me there. I had previously been badly advised by an advisor of the ANPE Cadres when I created my liberal activity and I was sealed by the URSSAF after 6 months of activity. Get out of a sudden 24000F it saps your cash flow ... Hence cessation of unemployment activity, odd jobs (distribution of leaflets, home sales, construction jobs - and yes even with a Doctorate, when you have to eat and pay his rent must work) and passage of competition including that of the ANPE.
On the other hand I tried all the time when I was with the requesting public to rely on my experience of long-term unemployed to stay human and try to bring the most help and listening.
However, for more than 10 years, the commercial and managerial profiles have been more successful in competitions that focus on these skills and therefore the human side of our work fades in the face of quantified objectives ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/07/09, 13:21

By the way gegyx thank you for your links ... It is this US firm.

[HRP mode = ON]
By the way, almost 249000 km with my Félicia GLXi.
How many are you with yours?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/07/09, 14:21

8) I knew about his job

"Felicia too" mode / Under 100000, my daughter drives the tank. She eats oil anyway.
But big bp: I pass the side tomorrow. I'm watching the weather. : roll:
Because the brake pedal does not come back fully, only on hot days (like yesterday).
As it does not often happen in my region, it is not a bp…
http://www.forum-auto.com/pole-techniqu ... 466603.htm
Surely a valve or the return spring in the brake servo (mastervac), but it costs a lot for not much.
I had checked the tube and vacuum valve (OK), looked if I could put one more turn to the pedal return spring (no). More than adding a spring on the rod or a bungee cord on the pedal, but that may be seen ...
: Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"