Ecology and economic crisis

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Ecology and economic crisis

by Other » 10/02/09, 16:15

Hello

I'm trying to understand the message our politicians are sending us
It is rather contradictory ecology and world economic crisis
to listen to them if there is a crisis of unemployment it is because we no longer spend enough? example he wants to lower taxes to allow us to buy more goods to keep the economy going?
Just to look at the measures of Obama how the senators and the American congress modified the measures which initially had another direction than the massive reduction of taxes.

I do not understand that a society must be of futile consumption and useless to be prosperous, in some time we will be accused of keeping a car for more than 10 years, not going on vacation anymore, or not buying all these disposable products ..
To keep away from unemployment should we consume?
the food should not have changed much, the basic needs heating housing ect .. can not be cut ..

I have a lot of trouble understanding who made the economic crisis and why we still want to blame the population

Andre
0 x
louis972
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by louis972 » 10/02/09, 17:01

there must be a link between consumption and speed
- the faster a good changes hands, the more 'vat' for some ... '+ value' for others
-We rode on the consumer bike like a kid who climbs on the bicycle of his big brother: it's going fast! ... it takes your breath away ... but ... we don't know how to stop !!! so we pedal (work) more keep riding
By the way is there a political group which proposes or discusses a project of society of the kind what do we want our children or theirs to live as life?
0 x
avoid dependencies and addictions not chosen
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 10/02/09, 17:27

In France, with the scrappage bonus, cars are destroyed when they are not 10 years old ...

There are even rumors that technical checks will shortly have to refuse cars with tires more than 2 years old ...

(these are only rumors, but it comes from people from the world of technical control)

So yes, the era of disposables is on the way! (see is already there ...)
0 x