The death of GM and Ford? Natural system selection?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

The death of GM and Ford? Natural system selection?

by Christophe » 12/12/08, 14:11

US senators have just turned down the auto industry bailout.

2.2 Millions of jobs are threatened directly in the USA ...

Should we be delighted with such an announcement? Yes and no...

- Not for the social misery that this risks creating ... meanwhile GM shareholders still have their yachts ...

- Yes because it is ultimately about the "system" which self-regulates, and in the next system the economic weight of the car will have to be greatly reduced ...

- Yes because it was necessary to anticipate and stop making crappy cars with 30 years old technology ...

It is ultimately natural selection ... Now in France a certain SN has just countered this SN (cf. https://www.econologie.com/forums/sarkozy-26 ... t6646.html ) ... But going against a natural balance of a system is never good ...

The rest in 6 months ... or less ...
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 12/12/08, 14:41

long live darwin (pan in the c ... of american creationists, and the first day god created the car : Cheesy: )
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/08, 15:19

Oh no!!! On the 1st day he created the hamburger! : Mrgreen:
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 12/12/08, 20:57

What kills me is that we are going to inject hundreds of billions to save vacuum (virtual money), nothing concrete, so we will create more vacuum (sorry Lavoisier :| them they succeeded ...), and besides that concrete things (well yes a car it remains industry) and 25 Billion umh ... ah well not that in the handbag sorry.
In short, we must not delude ourselves, after the cars it will be something else, aviation, building ...
It is clear that this is an unexpected opportunity to change the system from A to Z, but as long as we give so much importance to insane (like society) and artificial things, there will be no hope for change. We take the same and start again ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/08, 23:02

Uh jte "reassure": the building is already the case! Cf: https://www.econologie.com/forums/sarkozy-26 ... t6646.html

Auto + Batiment: these are the companies which have made the most profits during its last 10 years which are now the most helped ... Not glop and especially disgusting for other workers !!

Because one thing is certain: the small traders and craftsman of which I am a part and who represent 95% of the companies - they are good only to pay taxes ...when they are in shit what's for them? Apart from a judicial liquidator, I don't see what the State brings them ...

No comment... : Evil:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/12/08, 23:36

The "big" Americans are beginning to understand that their "fucking big 4X4" is getting them nowhere, except to the war for oil which they needlessly gobble up and to bankruptcy for their national automobile mammoths.

They succeeded by their usual sufficiency and this feeling of their own that they control while tripping (making full meat ...) themselves.

On the one hand, their model of automobile development (always more motorways and huge cars, hyper-spread horizontal cities ...) has been absurd for ages.

On the other hand, their "passion for business" (or rather their convulsive greed : Idea: ), made them give birth to the subprime monster.

The problem, It’s good that the US has good control over the world in the wrong sense of the word ; when they fall, they take everyone with them ... :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/08, 23:45

Remundo wrote:The "big" Americans are beginning to understand that their "fucking big 4X4" is getting them nowhere, except to the war for oil which they needlessly gobble up and to bankruptcy for their national automobile mammoths.

No, there is something else ... otherwise Renault and PSA would not be bad either ...

It is the very concept of the holy bagnole individual and disposable property (current development plan of the manufacturers: compare the lifespan of the current cars of that of 20 years ago) which must be called into question ... Subsidizing this lifestyle is only postponing the final deadline ...
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 12 / 08, 23: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 12/12/08, 23:46

Thank you for your precision Christophe, this is what I thought it hurts :? and I'm not even talking about coming to live abroad precisely because all these good little things (crafts, respect for others and other things than money) still exist, and disappears before your eyes because they are becoming Westernized . It's like taking a work of art that turns into sand in your hands and turns back to dust. It's hard to admit :| . That's it it's good i have the balls for the rest of the evening : Cry: !
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 00:37

Yes, Christophe, this more generally joins the consumer race: burning much more than necessary.

Do not just buy to live, but live to buy.

Undergo the law of the market rather than make the law work :D

Leak forward philosophically insane, but also very concretely with the finite resources of the planet.

@+
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 09:27

The bowl of GM and Ford does not surprise me because it's been a while since it is not in great shape for them.
The descent had already started before the crisis.
I remember a program that broached the subject a few years ago.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!